It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Indonesian charity defends world peace award for North Korea's Kim Jong-un

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:23 PM
link   

This week, it emerged that Mr Kim is to receive yet another prestigious title - though for once it has not been bestowed by the North Korean state. Instead he is in line for an international award extolling his "peace, justice and humanity" thanks to an Indonesian charity. It is the second unusual award to be bestowed upon the North Korean leader, who was crowned TIME magazine's Person of the Year in 2012 after the public vote was hijacked by internet pranksters.

source

wow just wow I don't know were to even begin with this?

Do I crack jokes (so so many) or get outraged?

But anyway it looks like our favorite fat little dictator got awarded the Indonesian award of peace "peace, justice and humanity".

All I can say is I thought mind altering drugs were illegal in Indonesia?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Wonder if they get some hefty aid from NoKo.

This is ridiculous, and the second time that they have given this out to one of the Kimmies?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   

It's nearly as absurd as President Obama receiving his Nobel Peace Prize in 2009.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
a reply to: highfromphoenix

Damn only two comments to make this about Obama...
He shouldn't of got that I agree but has nothing to do with this.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   
They must have assumed he was sabotaging his own nuclear programs.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oh, leave the guy alone, he is so ronery.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

Oh, leave the guy alone, he is so ronery.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:58 PM
link   

I see that and raise you this:

edit on 5-8-2015 by AugustusMasonicus because: networkdude has no beer because his part time job only pays enough for Zima

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Well, we do have to ask ourselves if the people commenting in the article do have a valid point.

"The allegations about human rights abuses are untrue," said Rachmawati Sukarnoputri, who runs the Sukarno Education Foundation.

"That's all just Western propaganda. Those Western governments like to put ugly labels on North Korea."

Rachmawati, who is the daughter of Indonesia's founding president, drew parallels between Kim the younger and her own father, who ruled the Southeast Asian archipelago until he was overthrown in 1965.
"Sukarno was also accused of being an evil dictator who violated human rights, but this was proven otherwise over time," she said.
Not everyone is shocked by the announcement, with local newspaper The Jakarta Globe pointing out the foundation has previously given the same award to Kim's grandfather Kim Il-sung, who founded the North Korean dictatorship.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:59 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Satellite imagery of the camps say otherwise...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

NK is totally cool....
Dennis Rodman says so!

Leave them be...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Indeed. A potential 200,000 people in prison camps. Compare that to 2.3 million is US prisons.

If Obama can get a peace prize, why not Kim?

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I guess assassination with an anti-aircraft gun for falling asleep in a government meeting is Justice!

Muahahahahahaa!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
When midgets step up... LOL, priceless........a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Given the history of the person the award is named after its not surprising. Its the founder of the Philippines who worked closely with the Japanese during WWII and then the Russians and Chinese since to fight against "Imperialism". A theme that is common with little Kimmy in N. Korea.

Believing the civil rights abuses in N. Korea are nothing but propaganda is laughable to say the least.

edit on 5-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Prank or not, I say give it to him. The whole notion that any of that has meaning died with Obama's Nobel Peace Prize.
edit on 5-8-2015 by Rosinitiate because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 06:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: Rosinitiate
Prank or not, I say give it to him. The whole notion that any of that has meaning died with Obama's Nobel Peace Prize.

I'd say the Nobel Peace Prize has been dead or a joke at best since 1973. Obama getting it just made it even more of a charade.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:10 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
Well, we do have to ask ourselves if the people commenting in the article do have a valid point.

"The allegations about human rights abuses are untrue," said Rachmawati Sukarnoputri, who runs the Sukarno Education Foundation.

"That's all just Western propaganda. Those Western governments like to put ugly labels on North Korea."

Rachmawati, who is the daughter of Indonesia's founding president, drew parallels between Kim the younger and her own father, who ruled the Southeast Asian archipelago until he was overthrown in 1965.
"Sukarno was also accused of being an evil dictator who violated human rights, but this was proven otherwise over time," she said.
Not everyone is shocked by the announcement, with local newspaper The Jakarta Globe pointing out the foundation has previously given the same award to Kim's grandfather Kim Il-sung, who founded the North Korean dictatorship.

No, we really don't.

posted on Aug, 6 2015 @ 02:15 AM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

Given the history of the person the award is named after its not surprising. Its the founder of the Philippines who worked closely with the Japanese during WWII and then the Russians and Chinese since to fight against "Imperialism". A theme that is common with little Kimmy in N. Korea.

Believing the civil rights abuses in N. Korea are nothing but propaganda is laughable to say the least.

Philippines? I thought he founded Indonesia ....

(post by winnienie removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join