It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jimmy Carter Oligarchy and election rigging.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Bottom line is Diebold buried code that rigs the machines reporting, giving 51% to the specified candidate if need be. Wonder who decides... highest bidder perhaps?

This backs up Jimmy Carters recent observation that America is no longer a democracy. Sure, maybe its just nitpicking definitions... but shouldn't America be a Democracy by definition and not an Oligarchy?

Carter

Programmer

Thoughts? Opinions? Rants? Love to read them.

edit on 5 by AshFan because: more accurate

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:36 AM
link   
a reply to: AshFan

There is too much profit at stake to let people make their own choices.

The corporate smack down is coming like a blitzkrieg and people are hypnotized by propaganda. Captivated customers. Pharma, food, environment, entertainment... all locked down so you don't have the choice to decline.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Yeah, but this time if my party gets elected it will be different, I know it.

Plus A company only needs to pay off the DNC and the GOP and they will get their candidate in office. The GOP and the DNC primary purpose is to give the voters a lobbyist approved candidate selection.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
The game is rigged. It always has been.

Even George Washington sent kegs of beer to sway votes on the Electorate in his day. People know the power of money and persuasion. It absolutely corrupts the entire nation.

And yet people still think things are going to change...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Whether the Computer Programmer or the Electoral College.

It's been rigged for a long time.

We need an outsider to come in and expose the truth.

The truth is: "They" don't give a flying fork who you and I want to be President.

"They" never have.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: whyamIhere
Whether the Computer Programmer or the Electoral College.

Well, they need to keep us safe from motivated intelligent ethical non yes men (women) who might make drastic decisions like make a choice based on what citizens want instead of the highest bidder.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Bloody shame about the Supreme Court Traitors, most notably Scalia and Roberts.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Does anyone understand electoral voting? YOUR vote doesn't matter....Your state could be at 99% voting for me and if the electoral vote doesn't agree they don't have to vote for me....That is fixed right there and nobody says a word...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Watching the voting machine software vid kinda cracked me up. It reminded me of an experience I had some years back.

I used to work for an engineering R&D company mainly involved in scientific systems and support services. It did a lot of contracting for NASA, Aero-DoD, the nuclear energy industry, as well as some product testing for commercial interests. Consequently, it had a lot of testing facilities that took things and shook them up, smashed them, twisted them into knots and blew them up, and then measured the results. Was kinda neat, actually.

Anyway, out of the blue somebody picked up a contract with Diebold to run quality assurance testing on it’s voting hardware/software and give it the equivalent of the Good Housekeeping Seal of Approval. To my dismay, I was requested to do the software analysis. Noone else would own up to knowing the software language used, although I knew that was a crock. Anyway, I got stuck with it.

It was pretty simple stuff, and I recall thinking how easy it would be to tweak it a little to get the desired results. Even though I didn’t see any questionable code, it would be so easy to slip a few lines in at the appropriate time, recompile it and celebrate the winner ahead of time.

Maybe todays’s voting apparatus has better safeguards against fraud, but I doubt it.

I agree, Chrisfishenstein, the electoral college system is a joke.

I like Jimmy Carter and think he’s right on all points. I’m afraid Ol’ Glory has sold out to the highest bidder. Too bad...

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:54 PM
link   

As a Real Direct Democracy promoter - a People's Technocracy - vote hacking will be made (as near as possible) impossible .... This is how I think 'our' Future Government should be - The US too? Why not, idealistically speaking?! I don't trust anarchism to better humanity.

REAL DIRECT DEMOCRACY...
Prologue: You are all LORD (Senator, USians)!..
ACT I: You VOTE by policy, proximity & time on Treaties, Orgs, Biggies, Aid, Local & National Department Heads + yearly small% BUDGET changes with detailed monthly ACCOUNTS..
ACT 2: Local to (Inter)National IDEA & Development Proposal, Budget, Donation, Compensation and OPEN Contract Bid votes..
ACT 3: CONSTITUTION & National Law Simplification from current/new laws + penalties Repeal/Pass Turnout% + Majority% votes. Human over Civil over Business law..
Private, Uncorrupted Online Votes. KEEP IT SENSIBLY SIMPLE + FUN...

You get involved as much or as little when you like / things are being decided - the combined brains of concerned people put to directing THEIR / OUR NATION................

edit on 5-8-2015 by PrivateSi because: Clarity

edit on 5-8-2015 by PrivateSi because: USians

edit on 5-8-2015 by PrivateSi because: Epilogue

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Term limits for ALL political office, no more cults of personality, or shared bribery. No electoral college, no longer needed, communications advances have made this just a tool for the elite to control us. No more Federal reserve, um wake up FED we understand that scam at least.

Lets be a free America again based on democracy, not some badly run corporation on the take.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   
We have always touted ourselves as being a democracy and it's a shame that after college I find out that we weren't much of a democracy at all. I think he is right in saying we have moved more so to an oligarchy that may not necessarily be governed by just a very small group; but also companies themselves.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Dude, Trump last night admitted that he buys politicians to do what he wants them to do!

He claimed Hillary Clinton HAD to come to his wedding because he gave her a bunch of money.

How much more obvious does it have to be for people to wake up and realize the public has lost control!

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
a reply to: MystikMushroom

Yes he did. Why would a republican candidate donate to Evil? Oh because of tax law. This guy is part of the problem.

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:00 PM
link   

And yet there wasn't a mass amount of uproar or upheaval which in a way is a sad state of what the nation has become. Have they been toned down so much that hearing that doesn't phase them?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Amen brother.

originally posted by: HeroicWrath

And yet there wasn't a mass amount of uproar or upheaval which in a way is a sad state of what the nation has become. Have they been toned down so much that hearing that doesn't phase them?

posted on Aug, 7 2015 @ 11:21 PM
link   
a reply to: netbound

There's a documentary that came out years ago, it's on Youtube but it can't be viewed by Americans so you'll either have to do some digging or use a proxy. The documentary is called Hacking Democracy, and it lays out a pretty good case that the 2004 election was stolen.

Here's the wiki about it
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 01:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aazadan
a reply to: netbound

There's a documentary that came out years ago, it's on Youtube but it can't be viewed by Americans so you'll either have to do some digging or use a proxy. The documentary is called Hacking Democracy, and it lays out a pretty good case that the 2004 election was stolen.

Here's the wiki about it
en.wikipedia.org...

www.snagfilms.com...

Found it. No idea on the quality of the site as adblock and everything else is on so hopefully everyone else will have it to. Also thank you for pointing out this film; will watch a little tonight and rest tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   

originally posted by: havok People know the power of money and persuasion. It absolutely corrupts the entire nation.

But that's only a small fraction of the whole story. Human beings are the variable that matters most. Money is just a tool. Tools only do what they're designed to do. If you take any kind of tool as an example, the consequences of it's use will depend on who uses it and what was their intent
edit on 8-8-2015 by BrianFlanders because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
So, you are saying that since birth, humans have been a part of a cumulative effort on the... who? How much will you share?

originally posted by: BrianFlanders

originally posted by: havok People know the power of money and persuasion. It absolutely corrupts the entire nation.

But that's only a small fraction of the whole story. Human beings are the variable that matters most. Money is just a tool. Tools only do what they're designed to do. If you take any kind of tool as an example, the consequences of it's use will depend on who uses it and what was their intent

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join