It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Airliners ban trophy hunting cargo

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
Just received in my email today

Delta Airlines just contacted SumOfUs to announce that it’s officially banning the shipment of endangered animal trophies on its planes.

This is all because of people power. 250,000 of us called on Delta to ban the transport of animal trophies on flights, and within days Delta announced a ban! Following Delta’s lead, we woke up today to the news that American Airlines, United Airlines and Virgin Atlantic have all announced similar policies.

It's some good news after Cecil the Lion's tragic death. With airlines refusing to profit from the transport of illegal trophies, hunters will struggle to transport their prizes home and might never go on these trips in the first place.

These four airlines now join British Airways, Air France, KLM, Singapore Airways, Lufthansa, Air Emirates, Iberia Airlines, and Qantas as airlines that are doing the right thing. These wins are a huge deal for our most precious endangered animals. But there are hundreds of other companies around the world that have yet to speak out, including shipping carriers like FedEx and UPS.

And it's about time. Thanks to many online petition groups, signatures reached above 650,000. 400,000 from change.org alone.
Top three news links.

www.bbc.com...
www.reuters.com...
www.usatoday.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   
a reply to: FlySolo

this is a good thing but
wouldnt is be nice if people put this much time and effort into really important issues.
i mean there are a few that rank above save the lions..

i can think of 1 or 2

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:41 PM
link   

edit double
edit on 4-8-2015 by Mugly because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Mugly

We live in a viral social media society. And I find this type of questioning a bit myopic. Who says those whom have contributed to this ban have not contributed to anything else? In fact, it's those people whom are doing the changes while it remains oblivious to you, what changes they do.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:28 AM
link   

originally posted by: Mugly

this is a good thing but
wouldnt is be nice if people put this much time and effort into really important issues.
i mean there are a few that rank above save the lions..

i can think of 1 or 2

Why can't lions and this issue have a thread??? Actually, your comment is very asinine!

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Great post and I am very glad to hear this news! It renews my hope in saving wild life.
S & F

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I'll never understand the desire to kill anpother. sentient, intelligent creature like a lion, zebra etc...

I have never once, ever for a split second had the desire to kill anything and as such, i cannot even imagine why someone would. This is just my opinion of course and i could be wrong, but i belive you have to be a bit f*cked in the head to want to kill things for fun/trophies. Hunting for food is another thing of course.

If anyone says "yeah, but i bet you kill flies and mosquitos...." i will find you and i will kill you.

...oh wait

edit on 5-8-2015 by 3danimator2014 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 02:38 PM
link   
a reply to: 3danimator2014

Yeah well, this thread is an unpopular one. Everyone is sick of hearing about trophy hunting. And I agree with you, people are sick in the head for wanting to kill anything for fun. Then there's the justification bs, "the meat goes to the civilians" yadayda. Except, there's only a limited (small) amount of permits each year which does squat for food and civilians aren't allowed to kill their own because it's not profitable. Who the hell eats Lion anyway?
edit on 5-8-2015 by FlySolo because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
There's always FedEX or UPS.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 03:52 PM
link   

This is quite ingenious and innovative. If you can't make the practice of big game hunting illegal, make it extremely difficult for anyone to transport their trophies.

Next, the places still willing to ship the trophies should be forced to charge an exorbitant fees.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 04:05 PM
link   
If businesses and people put as much energy into effecting swift change into things that are actually of detriment to our country we would have a much much different USA

new topics

top topics

join