It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Updated: Cops Say Video of Them Eating Marijuana Edibles During a Raid Violated Their Privacy

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   
The judge should also slap them with the DUI they deserve in response and revoke their licenses just to ensure they will be unable to continue being police...

+8 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
a reply to: RickyD

or the fact they were in violation of federal law carrying firearms while intoxicated WHILE on duty so felony gun charges as well as felony dui and abuse of power under color of authroity as well as tampering with evidence . i say rico them just like we would organized crime syndacates or gangs

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:10 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad
Should be fired and charged. Every last one of them involved. It's indefensible.
What a bunch of jackasses.

+4 more 
posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
You would think someone would have warned them that this move would not only fail, but would fail and have the entire nation laughing at them.

I can't imagine that a judge would rule in their favor.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:21 PM
link   
It is a shame no one told them that doing that was against the law.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Grimpachi

Always go the Dave Chappelle defense!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:29 PM
link   
I can't even take these cops serious haha

Thanks for the good laugh before bed
edit on 4-8-2015 by charolais because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   
This is rich.....

The building was marked with signage stating that security cameras were in use. So I don't see how they can even claim a "right to privacy".

The thuggery is inexcusable, the crime is inexcusable, the behavior is inexcusable, I'll stop listing and just ask..

Did anybody see anything on that tape that was justifiable? I've watched it numerous times, and I still have not found one single thing to show the "good guy" nature of these thugs.

There exists thousands upon thousands of hours of video evidence of Cops being Criminals, yet nothing is done in most cases.

I would rather see murderer cops go down for their crimes caught on video, but I'll take anything at this point. I hope these cops go down, have to pay reparations, and never be allowed to be cops again.

If nothing else, I just hope they can all be in the same room with their attorney at some point and the building magically burn to the ground.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: jhn7537
These jackass cops remind me of Denzel Washington and his crew in 'Training Day'.. Just bad people with badges. What's funny (or sad) is that these cops probably believe they're good people....

Just remind you!...hell it looks like this lot took the playbook from that movie......

Some people are calling this dumb..it is more like reckless,they couldn't care less and as we are seeing more and more they
are getting sloppy,these creeps have gotten away with this kind of a thing so many times they are simply becoming complacent....there is nothing dumb about it

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   

This is hilarious !!!! They are actually committing the crime they came to stop. Breaking the very laws that they came to enforce.....it's the height of hypocrisy. And it's like a scene out of the movie Police Academy or something. I'm surprised the guy eating the edible didn't start making flying saucer noises or something....

edit on 4-8-2015 by HarryJoy because: add

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 08:49 PM
link   

originally posted by: Qumulys
These revolting officers are so low in morals that I am practically speechless. If this was that raid I'm thinking of where that foul woman officer made fun of the disabled lady, then I guess I can expect them to pull this bulldust. They can shove their claim of privacy right up there 'terms of service'.

You are correct about the woman officer.
She should be lucky in one sense, as it may not be clear that she can see what some of the others are doing, because they were catched engaged in hypocrisy, and made a total nonsense of not just what they were doing, but the law itself. The funny thing is that Lawyers and judges can themselves be hypocrites in any court by just saying what they say about somebody else, and there is no intellectual way to get round that in law, however these policemen did exactly what they they presumed others were doing in executing their lawful duty, as well as all the other stuff. They are fecked and caught on camera.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:15 PM
link   
The police want their privacy. Yet they want to equip themselves with these little gadgets.

Imagine that.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   
If at first you don't succeed...

Deny deny deny !

Pfft.
What a bunch of loogans.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 09:22 PM
link   

The lawyers disagree about the video’s accuracy and authenticity.

Corey W. Glave, a Hermosa Beach attorney representing the Santa Ana Police Officers Association and the three officers, said the video was taken without the officers’ knowledge and was handled by Pappas, among others, prior to being made public.

Glave said Pappas has altered the video in a way to make the police look bad.

Oh boy that's rich.

Yep, those weren't your neanderthals on video scarfing down marijuana products while destroying property before presumably getting behind the wheel of a motor vehicle under the influence. It was just made to look that way.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Soo... these cops basically want to prevent law enforcement from using surveilance on criminals, because such evidence violates the privacy of these criminals?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
edit. too pissed
edit on 4-8-2015 by FinalCountdown because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: theyknowwhoyouare
LEO's should get no privacy while on the job. Nothing to fear nothing to hide.

Though what they did should not be considered a crime outside of theft and getting high while on duty.

But those are crimes.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: InverseLookingGlass

originally posted by: SecretKnowledge

Under California law, "all parties to a confidential communication" must consent to being recorded, but that rule does not apply when "the parties to the communication may reasonably expect that the communication may be overheard or recorded."

So in California you must give your permission to places that have security camera's, to record you??!!!??
Is that what im reading here?

The little blinking red LED on the cam out in the open is your official expectation setter.

Not to mention that the officers went about locating and trying to remove the recording devices and storage units and attempted to render them useless. They must be feeling pretty awful that they got outsmarted by some redundant security camera system.

One more thing, I think they had a reasonable expectation that the premise was being monitored (may have even seen a sign or two as they crashed through the front door) and stepping foot in to a building where controlled substances are present, it would be more reasonable than not to assume cameras would be rolling.

Wait until they try to use the same footage to prove something in their side of the case, you know they will try to have both ways.

edit on 5-8-2015 by evc1shop because: formatting was wrong

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:25 AM
link   
a reply to: evc1shop

Their removal of the camera system is evidence tampering. It shows that their crime wasn't opportunistic. It was premeditated.

posted on Aug, 5 2015 @ 12:30 AM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan
That is true, it also shows that they thought they took care of the cameras and that goes to show that they knew they were being videotaped and they sought to destroy it, failed and are now crying foul at their own lack of skill in that area.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join