It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Multistate AT&T Service Outage

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:03 PM
link   

LOUISVILLE (WHAS11) – AT&T is reporting a massive outage affecting Louisville and other nearby cities like Lexington, Owensboro and Nashville.

AT&T reports massive outage in Lou., surrounding cities

AT&T has no idea of what caused the outage or an estimate for restoration. Some users are reporting that is is effecting more than just AT&T users and might even be across different services. I'm kind of curious as to what the cause is of an outage of this type of scale.

edit on 8/4/2015 by EternalSolace because: Added Map

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:07 PM
link   
a reply to: EternalSolace

they need to add the panhandle of FL to that.
my was down from about 630am until last time i checked before just now 1230PM. i don't know when it came back on.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:10 PM
link   
a reply to: hounddoghowlie

AT&T Outage Map

That's the website that has visuals for outages across different services from phone, internet, to TV.

Don't see any spots over Florida so it's possible any problem that happened down there has been fixed.

As of right now, I'm effected. At one point, I did have 3 bars of service, and still was unable to make any calls.
edit on 8/4/2015 by EternalSolace because: (no reason given)

link   
Heard T-Mobile is being hit hard too with outages.

link   

originally posted by: EternalSolace
I'm kind of curious as to what the cause is of an outage of this type of scale.

Multiple things could cause an outage like this and none of them are nefarious, not saying that is what you jumped to but too often people here seem to forget that networks(voice or data) break due to human mistake or hardware failure.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: opethPA

No, nothing nefarious. It's just amazing how fragile that infrastructure is. Something in Ky breaks and it effects things across TN and AL. That's insane.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:12 PM
link   
a reply to: neutrinostargate

I can say for maryland, T-mobile is ok, I know the outages in question are in the TN area, but thought I'd put that out there.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Jade Helm Sabotage !!!

Phil Gramm's Revenge.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:24 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

I knew this would show up

More likely has to do with sun or something

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Doom on?

Not on the East Coast nor use the service, but looked into it:

The "Middlesboro Daily News" received a FB message:

We just received this photo from a Verizon representative who tells us the outage could last for up to 24 hours.

Source and image of the area

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
Looking at downdetector.com.

Seems there is a service outage for Comcast, Tmobile, AT&T, Sprint, Cricket, Verizon, and anyone else in that area around TN. Some have even spread to other outlying areas outside of TN.

Rather curious..

Time Warner has outages all over the place, not just TN.

Seems like there is a Major out'a for all sorts of services in TN tho.

www.downdetector.com...
edit on C15681644 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

This page lists all the outages for the day.. Total outages for the day
edit on C15681919 by Cygnis because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
A bunch of freaked out people here in western KY with both AT&T and Verizon out. Maybe others too. Trying to reach friends who only have cells has been tricky today. Businesses who depend on cell service for credit cards are scrambling. They were particularly happy to see me with cash in hand.
No problems with my AT&T landline service.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt
A bunch of freaked out people here in western KY with both AT&T and Verizon out. Maybe others too. Trying to reach friends who only have cells has been tricky today. Businesses who depend on cell service for credit cards are scrambling. They were particularly happy to see me with cash in hand.

Bet you could make some handy deals, having cash on hand..

Yea, TN/KY area is a mess presently for technology-based services.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: BlueHulk

It's the "or something" that is the culprit.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:32 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

The outages caused cell issues in CA also.

As I posted on another related thread, I was telling hubby on the way to work today that I had received the old time "line busy" message (back from the days of MA Bell) on 3 different times, while dialing 3 different locations in Ca. All calls were made from my office VOIP system, to their CELL numbers. Not landlines.

The "all lines are busy now. Please try your call later" message. Same woman's voice and message that I heard back in my teens.

Twilight zone music commences in 3...2...1...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

The first thing that sprung to mind when reading your OP and the thread which follows, was "Oh... so everyone there will be unable to use snapchat, whatsapp, or any mobile (read: potentially encrypted) communications methods? Interesting!".

Its a good thing I am off for a break tomorrow. My brain is making many strange connections!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Haven't encountered any problems in Atlanta with AT&T or Verizon so far.

Norse showing slightly interesting target in the mid-US seems to be routing stuff toward that area now and then.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
My local news source just reported that T-Mobile told a newspaper source in Alabama that a server problem in Alabama and Kentucky helped caused the massive outage and that a fiber line was cut in Western Kentucky. AT&T also released a statement saying that there was some kind of hardware failure as well.

Multiple Mobile Phone Users In Lexington, Surrounding Counties Experiencing Outages

It's unreal how weak our infrastructure actually is when you think about it. As of about twenty minutes ago, my service is back up and running. Hopefully everyone else is up and running again too.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: diggindirt

Definitely a good lesson. Always have a modest sum of petty cash in your wallet, purse, or vehicle in case of situations like these.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I just came back online after about 6 hours of being down

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join