It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shots Fired at Soldiers at Military Base in Mississippi: Police

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   
Shots Fired at Soldiers at Military Base in Mississippi: Police

HATTIESBURG, Miss. (AP) — Authorities are searching for two men who fired gunshots from a vehicle at soldiers at a military facility in Mississippi, though no injuries have been reported, a sheriff said Tuesday.

Perry County Sheriff Jimmy Dale Smith told WDAM-TV that the shots were fired just after noon. The soldiers were training at Camp Shelby Joint Forces Training Center near Hattiesburg.

Smith said officers are searching for a two-door, red Ford Ranger with “broken arrow” written across the top. Authorities say they are looking for two white males who allegedly fired from the vehicle and fled in the vehicle.

Members of the Forrest County Sheriff’s Department and the Mississippi Forestry Commission are assisting in the search.

Click link for remainder of article...

Apparently the US is have a Prozac shortage considering the number of military installations that have seen active shooters. The suspects are till at large.

Thankfully no one was injured / shot.

Additional Sources
* - Shots reportedly fired at soldiers near Camp Shelby in Mississippi
* - The Clarion-Ledger

2:24 p.m. update

WDAM reporter Ryan Moore is reporting that Perry County sheriff deputies are questioning a pair of white male suspects who "pulled up from driving another truck" while authorities were at a residence investigating a vehicle matching the description of the truck used in the Camp Shelby shooting.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Broken Arrow written across the back top, well IF I was a cop, Id be monitoring the Arkansas Mississippi border, looking for that Red Truck crossing the border heading towards Broken Arrow, OK. Why else would someone have that on the truck.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

Broken Arrow also has a military meaning dealing with nuclear weapons.

Broken Arrow refers to an accidental event that involves nuclear weapons, warheads or components, but which does not create the risk of nuclear war. These include:
◾Accidental or unexplained nuclear detonation.
◾Non-nuclear detonation or burning of a nuclear weapon.
◾Radioactive contamination.
◾Loss in transit of nuclear asset with or without its carrying vehicle.
◾Jettisoning of a nuclear weapon or nuclear component.
◾Public hazard, actual or implied.

I think its also golf related. Either way hopefully the people they are questioning are the ones they ae looking for.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:03 PM
link   
From Wiktionary,

1 (US, euphemistic, military) An accidental event that involves nuclear weapons or nuclear components but does not create the risk of nuclear war.  [quotations ▼] 2 (US, military) a code phrase that a ground unit is facing imminent destruction from enemy attack and all available air forces within range are to provide air support immediately.

Not sure if either definition applies here...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   
a reply to: Xcathdra

The Jade Helm patch/logo whatever you want to call it also has an arrow in it: link

This was a Jade Helm training site perhaps? Disgruntled anti-establishment idiots firing off shots?
edit on 4-8-2015 by FamCore because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Geez I hope no one was seriously hurt

Ouch

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
a reply to: FamCore

It could be

Greg

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Time to start letting the soldiers carry their weapons.

Will see how many of these idiots try this stupid crap than.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
a reply to: occrest

Is possible it was chosen as a taunt that the government is just as broken and as dangerous as a nuclear weapon. Just speculation though.

Symbolism.

originally posted by: Greg987

Geez I hope no one was seriously hurt

Ouch

No injuries reported thankfully.

originally posted by: Cygnis

Guard units in some states have been given the green light to carry at certain locations. Federal units have tighter restrictions on being able to carry.
If our government is going to take actions that have repercussions here at home then they should man up and allow the military the means to defend themselves.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   
a reply to: Glassbender777

It also has lots of native American meanings. But these days it mostly means going balls out.. take no prisoners/no surrender/suicide mission type things.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Yes, I was aware that some were given green light for carry.

The problem is, not all are, leaving the unarmed defenseless.

If they're going to sign up to Defend the country, they should be allowed to defend themselves at home, too.

I never understood why they were disarmed to begin with, at home. -_- Seems completely illogical to me.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:36 PM
link   
What if it is part of a plan to get soldiers ro start looking at us as the enemy so it will be easier to get them to fire on Americans like the police already do?
That was just a thought that entered my mind. ..but not something that would be impossible with what our government has done in the past.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: JHumm
What if it is part of a plan to get soldiers ro start looking at us as the enemy so it will be easier to get them to fire on Americans like the police already do?
That was just a thought that entered my mind. ..but not something that would be impossible with what our government has done in the past.

The idea is possible, but highly improbable.

It would require military installations to be getting besieged daily by people all over the country.

Even still, these soldiers have family, and no one relishes the idea of wiping out their family.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   
a reply to: Cygnis

That's my thought too, if the government tried to attack it's own citizens with the military, I think most would leave to go defend their own homes and families, that would be my hope in that type of event. ..and I believe the reason for the 2A.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   

That's my thought too, if the government tried to attack it's own citizens with the military, I think most would leave to go defend their own homes and families, that would be my hope in that type of event. ..and I believe the reason for the 2A.

That is my expectation, as well.
Among them forming up units to help protect their families / areas, etc.

Time will tell, tho..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Mastering the human domain. Apparently, the goal is armed military on US soil. Most soldiers are good soldiers...right?
edit on 4-8-2015 by InverseLookingGlass because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Hear hear

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:51 PM
link   

I would imagine the military would be able to brainwash a significant percentage of the military population to act out against the citizens.

As long as the soldiers were not in their home town, or even home state, I would bet they would follow orders.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Ill be interested in hearing the rationale behind it.

But when I hear "2 white males from Mississippi", my first thought is, "culture warriors".

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
a reply to: bigfatfurrytexan

culture warriors

I suppose that's a nice way of saying it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join