It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crab type object found on mars?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:45 AM
link   
Hi I didn't see a topic on this so I thought I would create one because it looks very interesting to me. If there is already one created for this please close this one thanks. There is an object they found on mars that looks like some type of face surrounded by a circle and branches that look kind of leg like connecting to the wall of some large rocks. The color of the object, the fact it is in between to angular areas of rock and the strange "branching" look as well as a strange looking "face" in the middle this object is the most interesting one I have seen from mars and wanted to get some opinions as to what it may be. Here is the link for the story. So any ideas?

www.businessinsider.com...

Here is a close up of the image from the article

Here is the full image

edit on 4-8-2015 by LightSource because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Looks like theres some green moss on the rock there, too.

Both are 'firsts'. (portion redacted)
edit on 4-8-2015 by intrptr because: ( )

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Here is the link that is in the article to the full image from Nasa I'll post the full picture on top

mars.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
Enhanced..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   
That is a very strange, 'natural object'..

Coolest and oddest rock I've ever seen

It just stands out so much... waiting for something varefied.

*scratches noggin*

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Wow! This one DEFINITELY stands out from the rest! this really looks like a fossil or some kind of living creature. Like a Mars anemone poking out from the shelter in the rock crevice.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
Yes already being discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: Charizard

I agree this is the first object I have seen from mars that I feel will be very hard to just try and say that it is a "rock"

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Anyone got an idea of the scale? It doesn't look to distant from the rover, which could possibly indicate that it's rather small. But a zoom lens could have given that effect as well.

OP: I was waiting for someone to post about this. I can never get pics to upload correctly, so I didn't bother.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:13 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

ahh thank you proob4 I did a search and didn't find anything thank you mods just close this one please.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LightSource
a reply to: proob4

ahh thank you proob4 I did a search and didn't find anything thank you mods just close this one please.

But i like the crab concept, that's what i thought it looked like and posted in the other thread. i also think it kinda looks like the roots from a tree.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The middle band of the thing is to my eyes the same colour as the rock , there is also a break in the body of the thing circled bellow.

I don't know what exactly has made the formation but I do think it's origin has a natural geological explanation.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:17 PM
link   
a reply to: LightSource

Thanks, I should have looked before typing…

The more I zoom on that image the more noise shows up. Anyways, heres a pic with more 'crab legs' sticking out from under another nearby rock…

Now all we need is a beach…

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Yes already being discussed here.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please continue at the link above. Closing duplicate.

new topics

top topics

join