It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US of A is still number 1

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
Number 1 in hot girls who wear very little in summer, best of all they are from all over the world and come here to be hot American girls

Number 1 in bacon cheeseburger production.
Number 1 in ownership of guns

Number 1 in military badassedness(Just made that word up. I can do that because this is a free country)
Number 1 in good movies

Eat it World!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:57 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaticPandora

MERIKA!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:08 PM
link   

originally posted by: Maverick1
a reply to: Xcathdra

Iran?

It might as well be considering the image has absolutely nothing to support its claims.

Not to mention it is from 2011.

Apparently its to much to ask people to post current information instead of posting something from 2011, not posting the source it came from only to find out its an opinion piece with nothing to support what it shows.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: LunaticPandora
Number 1 in hot girls who wear very little in summer, best of all they are from all over the world and come here to be hot American girls

But the babes from Brazil, oh my!

This could be why were no 1 in heart attacks

In the third world they get RPG's roket propelled gernades, we lead in rpg's role playing games though!

Number 1 in military badassedness(Just made that word up. I can do that because this is a free country)

We spend more money on military than China, Russia and North Korea combined, but we are bully!

Number 1 in good movies

But the hobbit was made in NZ!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

originally posted by: Maverick1

Iran?

It might as well be considering the image has absolutely nothing to support its claims.

Not to mention it is from 2011.

Apparently its to much to ask people to post current information instead of posting something from 2011, not posting the source it came from only to find out its an opinion piece with nothing to support what it shows.

In terms of world statistics that I posted they are the latest available. It takes an awful lot of gathering to get anything like accurate statistics for even a representative number of nations. It takes a few years for all the info to be collaborated. I did give full links to what I posted here. If it was like 1990 then may be it is a bit too old, but a few years' distance will still be pretty representative. What would you suggest is the limit we must place on statistic usefulness and why? Would make a good thread, that.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:01 PM
link   
a reply to: LunaticPandora

Never been to Brazil huh?

Yes junk food is something to brag about.

Number 1 in military badassedness

As much as we overspend it better be.

Number 1 in good movies

Hollywood hasn't put out a good movie in years all they can do now is make remakes.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

The U.S has lots of things to be proud of, try some fact checking - your chart might have got you some extra stars if you had!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:18 PM
link   
Chart makes you think...not sure all those are right, but we are up there in most of those categories. Not to hate on America, but if you can't take an honest look at yourself and see what needs to change and then make those changes, you're foolish. What are we afraid of?

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Revolution9

The UNODC doesn't agree with your information -

The links go directly to country comparisons. You can pick specifics like country region etc. In this case the links below will show all countries so the load time is lagged as it compiles the information. The information compiled is broken down by year, from 2003 thru 2013. Mid year crime stat comparisons are available for 2015.

**All information is based on reporting by the individual countries. Some comparison charts will have a difference in reporting countries as the statistics are provided by each nation.**

* - UNODC - Homicide

* - UNODC - Rape

* - 2013 United Nations Demographic Yearbook - Birth Rate / Divorce Rate

* - World Health Organization - Heart Attack statistics

* - McDonalds - Considering McDonalds is a US company logic dictates the US will have the most McDonalds restaurants. Canada comes in at #2.

* - Plastic Surgery - We are number one here although to be honest I am not sure why this stat is even present. Secondly there are no stats to breakdown the info to place it into context. People can undergo plastic surgery based on the location and seriousness of the injuries.

International Center for Prison Studies
* - Prisoners - Incarceration Rate - The United State is #2. The Seychelles are actually number 1 which in an of itself is impressive considering the country only has around 90k citizens. The US rate is 707 and the Seychelles rate is 868.

* - Prisoners - Total population - US 2.1+ million. China 1.6+ million and Russia 650k.

What they don't tell you is the US prison population has been in decline for the last few years.

* - CO2 Emissions - China holds the number one spot for CO2 Emissions. The US is second.

The graph does not provide any details on where they compiled their stats from. The website it came from directs to New York times op-ed piece dealing with stats that are not present in the graph.

My point Is the graph is not 100 percent accurate and it doesn't tell the readers where the info comes from. It looks more like an attempt to just bitch about the US.

Just my opinion of course.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:39 PM
link   

originally posted by: Xcathdra

The UNODC doesn't agree with your information -

The links go directly to country comparisons. You can pick specifics like country region etc. In this case the links below will show all countries so the load time is lagged as it compiles the information. The information compiled is broken down by year, from 2003 thru 2013. Mid year crime stat comparisons are available for 2015.

**All information is based on reporting by the individual countries. Some comparison charts will have a difference in reporting countries as the statistics are provided by each nation.**

* - UNODC - Homicide

* - UNODC - Rape

* - 2013 United Nations Demographic Yearbook - Birth Rate / Divorce Rate

* - World Health Organization - Heart Attack statistics

* - McDonalds - Considering McDonalds is a US company logic dictates the US will have the most McDonalds restaurants. Canada comes in at #2.

* - Plastic Surgery - We are number one here although to be honest I am not sure why this stat is even present. Secondly there are no stats to breakdown the info to place it into context. People can undergo plastic surgery based on the location and seriousness of the injuries.

International Center for Prison Studies
* - Prisoners - Incarceration Rate - The United State is #2. The Seychelles are actually number 1 which in an of itself is impressive considering the country only has around 90k citizens. The US rate is 707 and the Seychelles rate is 868.

* - Prisoners - Total population - US 2.1+ million. China 1.6+ million and Russia 650k.

What they don't tell you is the US prison population has been in decline for the last few years.

* - CO2 Emissions - China holds the number one spot for CO2 Emissions. The US is second.

The graph does not provide any details on where they compiled their stats from. The website it came from directs to New York times op-ed piece dealing with stats that are not present in the graph.

My point Is the graph is not 100 percent accurate and it doesn't tell the readers where the info comes from. It looks more like an attempt to just bitch about the US.

Just my opinion of course.

I'm sorry, but I'm not sure which statistic I provided you have contention with? Could you please specify.

I am agreeing with you. I am not the OP. The statistics I gave were not related to the ones you have given. The only statistic I gave that you are giving is that of rape. Please remember that it was per 100,000 population.

If you think that is wrong you may wish to challenge the Wikipedia entry.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:53 PM
link   

My post was directed at the OP and not you in terms of no sources / links.

You just happened to respond to one of my posts, which I think is where the confusion came in.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:10 PM
link   

That's a good list of the bad things, but I feel there's got to be a little bit better source for all of the worst statistics. America is still the best in a lot of areas...but the weakness is beginning to show.

America is not #1 in many of the areas that count. Many important areas are sinking lower as each year goes by. MANY of the college students that get hired these days are preferred if they are educated by other countries and hired by the USA. Many US college graduates cannot find jobs....

The outsourcing has gone beyond over-the-phone tech support...
Many of our professionals come from other countries. No offense to the countries where the graduates come from, it's just that I wish that more US graduates were hired at home, rather than graduates from other countries getting the green card and getting those jobs first!

We've heard stories about college graduates in the USA looking for jobs after graduation with an average of ~$50,000 in student loan debt that is "unforgivable", and then those graduates not being able to get a job in the USA for the position that they got the degree in...

It makes a person wonder if those USA graduates should seek employment outside the USA. It's a risk, but anyone that is dedicated may find better success elsewhere at this point.

Then add the glut of certain graduates like engineers, web designers, etc., etc., in the USA...

link   

Thank you. I thought so.

The statistics I gave were during the thread to dispute the OP.

In fact, the rape statistics were from Unodc.org.

My posts echo yours, Xcathdra. Sorry for the confusion. Respect.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

link   

Sorry Japan has that down/ x100

Don't worry your number 2. Well California is number 2. New york is pretty much down there with London, yuk

In fact by ranking:
1) Japan (woooooooooow)
2)California ( Cute girls, nice weather, enough said)
3)Poland (Amazing)
4)Spain (Of course it was going to be in the top 5)
5)Florida (Chubby girls in Bikinis are not hot ok?)
6)Scotland ( The pretty ones in the UK seem to migrate up there lol )
7)England/New York (Unless your into fat chicks with STD's haha)
8) France (honestly its overrated, the girls look they should be kept in stables).
9)Illinois ( To be fair I was in a lab most the time)
10) Wales (Baaa Baaa Baaaa)
N/A Ireland (I was too drunk to remember anything.)

I will give you that one.
Number one in steak too.

Your chocolate tastes like #e though. Really its awful, do something about it ok? Dont make me come over and start a chocolate shop....

Rest of the world dont care......honestly we dont. To us it makes you look like you have penis issues

Not sure if going round the world invading people and messing things us is something be proud of.....

And yes the UK guilty too and I hate it for that (see I can criticize my own country).

Number 1 in good movies

True

But remeber the best actors and actresses are British

And we have the best TV.

Eat it World!

Ok
As long as it not your chocolate....O god is that stuff awful!
edit on 4-8-2015 by crazyewok because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: InFriNiTee

That's a good list of the bad things, but I feel there's got to be a little bit better source for all of the worst statistics. America is still the best in a lot of areas...but the weakness is beginning to show.

America is not #1 in many of the areas that count. Many important areas are sinking lower as each year goes by. MANY of the college students that get hired these days are preferred if they are educated by other countries and hired by the USA. Many US college graduates cannot find jobs....

The outsourcing has gone beyond over-the-phone tech support...
Many of our professionals come from other countries. No offense to the countries where the graduates come from, it's just that I wish that more US graduates were hired at home, rather than graduates from other countries getting the green card and getting those jobs first!

We've heard stories about college graduates in the USA looking for jobs after graduation with an average of ~$50,000 in student loan debt that is "unforgivable", and then those graduates not being able to get a job in the USA for the position that they got the degree in...

It makes a person wonder if those USA graduates should seek employment outside the USA. It's a risk, but anyone that is dedicated may find better success elsewhere at this point.

Then add the glut of certain graduates like engineers, web designers, etc., etc., in the USA...

Maybe its because US graduate are taking the WRONG degrees?

A Degree in Basket weaving does to automatically entitle one or even qualifies one for a job as a CEO or in a technical field.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   

No worries and I apologize. I should have been more specific as to who I was referring to.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:34 PM
link   

We should compare to he chart US is number 1 at with this one

Greg

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:37 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Hah!

Gun ownership rates are increasing because its being driven by first time buyers..the vast majority being women.

I assure you its not a penis thing.

Also..I must agree on the chocolate thing.

Honestly I like the melting pot that is America. Especially in college towns where all the hot chicks are.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   

a reply to: crazyewok

Hah!

Gun ownership rates are increasing because its being driven by first time buyers..the vast majority being women.

I assure you its not a penis thing.

I was kidding.

But really its a stat most the world are not bothered with.

Also..I must agree on the chocolate thing.

Yeah how can you live....hasn't anyone tried setting up a REAL chocolate shop? surely there is a market?
Is there like a law that bans any chocolate except hershey?

When I finish with my business here I might have to set one up over there.

Honestly I like the melting pot that is America. Especially in college towns where all the hot chicks are.

Its the same as the melting pot that is the UK, its mixed and random. You get hotties and notties.
If you want hotness across the board go to japan.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
The I hate America club...

*sighs* same broken record every time...

Stupid thing about it is most western nations have the same bloody problems we do, and we all just seem to be racing down into the toilet... What difference does it make who gets flushed first, we are all headed to a worse place.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join