It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anger is a sign of weakness (it means you fear things going wrong and having no control )

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Anger panicks.
Power allows you to stay at Peace.

Anger is scared and doubtful.
Power keeps you confident.

Anger tries to control out of fear.
Power knows that all is well and allows freedom.

Anger justifies attacking others from fear of loss.
Power forgives knowing no harm is truly done.

Power = Peace, not anger

edit on 3-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

What if you change power to faith, or love?
edit on 8/3/2015 by onequestion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:25 PM
link   
a reply to: onequestion

Faith is Power. Faith is the wisdom that brings peace which anger lacks. Without that wish to harm/attack others (anger), love is present.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Your headline confused anger with fear. What's up with that?
And in the thread some of your statements are just plain false in a practical sense.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
Anger panicks.
Power allows you to stay at Peace.

Anger is scared and doubtful.
Power keeps you confident.

Anger tries to control out of fear.
Power knows that all is well and allows freedom.

Anger justifies attacking others from fear of loss.
Power forgives knowing no harm is truly done.

Power = Peace, not anger

Not all anger is a response to fear.

This is not Lotus Land and many things make me angry.

I am angry that people are homeless and starving.
I am angry that Disability pays below the poverty line.
I am angry that our veterans are treated like Sh$t.

All of these things inspire Godly Anger. The problem is not anger but the way you choose to express it.

If you use controlled language anger can be a positive force. If you use aggressive words, fists, or guns anger has lost it's value.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:09 AM
link   
face palm.

you got it all wrong. it goes like this.

"fear is the path to the darkside. fear leads to anger. anger leads to hate. hate leads to suffering."

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:17 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

Captain Piccard was always my favorite!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:47 AM
link   

To follow along your op, it can be good to take a time out after getting caught off guard.Seeing red can be taken as a sign that personal boundaries have been crossed and the situation could use another look.Anger is often the result of dashed expectations, or a reminder of past experiences that one hasn't come to terms with.

After cooling down, it can be useful to reflect on exactly why one is upset.Understanding that, offers the opportunity to remember other occasions where this has been an issue.Much of the pain we carry is often the result of having to suffer experiences that were beyond our control.The chain usually goes back to one's more formative years.Working on healing that helps one own their anger and express it more maturely...
edit on 4-8-2015 by dffrntkndfnml because: grammer

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Anger is a sign of weakness (it means you fear things going wrong and having no control ) page: 1

Wow, that's funny, Zen Master Maezumi Roshi told a filled-to-capacity room full of people that included me that anger is a form of enlightenment.

Also, the only authentic Kung Fu Master that I have ever met has convinced me that anger is the only appropriate tool for exterminating the desires of those that wish to harm me or my loved ones.

I think that you have underestimated anger.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
That's a good message. One I have struggled with often.

Yoda, although a completely fictional being from the ever famous "Star Wars" movies makes a great point!

“Fear is the path to the dark side. Fear leads to anger. Anger leads to hate. Hate leads to suffering.”

It really all starts with fear, then snowballs from there..

This is biblical as well, but people around here really hate bible lieterature, or anything remotely related to it. SO, let's take the words of Yoda and ponder on them. He's right! I am living proof of this.

Edit: POWER, however, I am not sure really relates in the same way. POWER also is a result of greed, which is NOT a good attribute to combat "anger" as it seems the OP suggests.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:59 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Anger in itself is not the the issue. It's when anger results in bad ACTIONS, that it becomes a problem. It's OK, for example, to be angry when your son/daughter rebels against you and chooses to lead a life of destuction. It's OK to be angry with a thug who just robbed your store.... What we DO with that anger is the question.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:01 AM
link   

originally posted by: Bybyots

Anger is a sign of weakness (it means you fear things going wrong and having no control ) page: 1

Wow, that's funny, Zen Master Maezumi Roshi told a filled-to-capacity room full of people that included me that anger is a form of enlightenment.

Also, the only authentic Kung Fu Master that I have ever met has convinced me that anger is the only appropriate tool for exterminating the desires of those that wish to harm me or my loved ones.

I think that you have underestimated anger.

I agree, but most people can't see the Light side of anger.

Even Jesus Christ demonstrated his anger towards the self-righteous religious leaders.

Sometimes amger brings awareness, control it and use it wisely and it can be a path to enlightenment.

Your Kung Fu Master was teaching Jihad. The controlled use of anger to combat opposing forces.
edit on 4-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:17 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Thanks for the vote of confidence.

Your Kung Fu Master was teaching Jihad. The controlled use of anger to combat opposing forces.

He was teaching Geng Ging which would be very different from Jihad.

Just for the record.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Bybyots because: . : .

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:31 AM
link   
a reply to: Bybyots

Geng Ging is a Cantonese phrase that refers to the idea that you must tap into the “dark side” for power and courage in the face of the violence of a determined foe. If you are mugged or someone is trying to rape you, you need to attack the attack. You need to go forward against that violence and that can be difficult, to go from being a good person who would never hurt anyone to the opposite. Sifu Lam says you need to develop a switch that you can turn on and off at will. When you turn it on, you attack with unhesitating violence.
www.snakevscranewingchun.com...

You are correct the philosophy is slightly different from Jihad.

However if you change what I've bolded to "you must tap into the Spirit of God for power and courage" you have the self-defense mechanism of Jihad according to the Quran.

The Hadith has some other uses for Jihad but I don't believe the Hadith was from Mohammed as it contains many Zionist contradictions. The meaning of Jihad has been butchered by Zionism.

edit on 4-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:45 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Right,

The stuff I am referring to developed and is useful in crowded urban settings, not holy war, but I sincerly appreciate that you have an affinity for the usefullness of anger.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:48 AM
link   

I agree with you, if you happen to be a buddhist monk. People go through this death like ritual, anger hate fear pain sadness etc etc. If someone had children and they had no food, and people were starving they would automatically become filled with anger, and hate and do whatever it took to find what they needed.

Most people aren't disciplined enough to think like that. Which is why the Elites use it against so many 'lack of what is needed'.

If the world were suddenly thrust into a world war, there would be more anger than you or i could shake a stick at.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:12 AM
link   

This thread has made me angry!!!!!!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
Anger is an expression of fear. Or a reaction, rather.

That's not necessarily bad.

Fear is a survival mechanism, as such, not all fear is a bad thing. Fear of getting scalded by hot water. That happens, you get angry with yourself for being an idiot/clumsy. That anger helps you to ingrain in your brain, be more careful.

Bad things happen, you fear that it might happen again through an act of injustice. That, rightfully, makes you angry, and gives you the courage to act against future injustices.

Like anything else, anger can be both helpful, and harmful. Like any emotion, it can be dangerous when misguided.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:31 AM
link   
a reply to: awareness10

Well.....

Hello there!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 03:35 AM
link   
a reply to: BASSPLYR

And now in a familiar voice

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join