It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a Dodo if you believe this

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
I have read its a commercial from South America, or alternately the bird is actually a type of snipe not what is claimed.
If its a commercial it's a pretty silly commercial and I cant track it down

Here is the youtube grab
Published on Mar 3, 2015
Guys, i received this video of the follower abhiruchiji blause. It was recorded in costa rica. What do you think it is? Looks like a dodo! Only that the animal has been extinct for over 300 years. Crazy huh? Real or montage? I leave you to find out.

and the video

www.youtube.com...

I would like to think its possible, that its real and a Dodo could have been transported by ship and lives in Costa Rica somewhere.

But,

Is it possible a few Dodo birds survived, a small colony exists somewhere.

I think it could be possible
edit on b2015Mon, 03 Aug 2015 18:49:07 -050083120151pm312015-08-03T18:49:07-05:00 by borntowatch because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
I Dodoknow if I believe this or not.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Here's the video :

Looks pretty real to me! There's no way that's NOT a dodo if it's real, it looks exactly like one.
edit on 8/3/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:53 PM
link   
a reply to: borntowatch

I am going to go with CGI.
It looks almost like it was lifted from the movie Ice Age.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
a reply to: butcherguy

If it's CGI then it's really impressive CGI. Maybe it's too good to be true though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:56 PM
link   
After further review, I'm gonna have to say it's fake. Look how much larger the bird is when close to camera compared to when it was next to the tree. It's at least twice the size.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

phil doesn't like it
edit on 3-8-2015 by aynock because: filled out

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
And the lizard looks like it's caged.. also funny how at the end they swap places and the dodo walks past the camera.... I'm going with fake too.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Something else to think about is what happens to transplanted species. They usually either reproduce at an out of control rate, or they fail miserably.
If the dodo was transplanted to Costa Rica, they obviously didn't thrive.
It is possible that they reproduced, but the odds are against it. On Mauritius, they had no predators. Costa Rica presents a lot of predators that they did not evolve in the presence of.... including the iguana in the video, which would eat the eggs and chicks.

Adult dodos were 3 feet tall. Maybe the iguana was a large one and the dodo was young one ?
.Or it is fake.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Possible commercial stunt, but how cool would it be if it's real

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:35 PM
link   
CGI. Why is there a break in the video? Also, on a technical point, when the reptile is close to the lens it is in perfect focus, but when the bird gets close it's out of focus. Probably to hide the fact that it's CGI.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:40 PM
link   
Umm...fake!

Commercial stunt.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

The thumbnail alone is a huge give away that it is fake.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   
Aww, it's fake. Too bad, would have been neat!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:37 PM
link   
My heart started racing when I saw it cross the camera, as I was just thinking the other day how amazing it would be to see a creature that was thought to be extinct and a dodo came to mind. Sadly I know it has to be fake, but it's really well done and gave me a sense of excitement if even for a moment. Maybe someday we can bring them back..

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:26 AM
link   
One tell this is a fake is that when the Lizard is close to the camera it's focused on the lizard. When the Dodo is close the focus should be the same, but the dodo is out of focus.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:54 AM
link   

i've heard of these crackpots.

i like this in ther description.

Published on Jul 17, 2014
This clip is presented for commenting, educational and reference purposes.
Please note how the complex doomsday cult psychology is presented through humour and animation art in this fine piece of art.

edit on 4-8-2015 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 01:56 AM
link   
Fake or not, it wouldn't be the first time that "Science" declared a creature extinct when it was not. Remember the Coelacanth - Wikipedia?

Coelacanths belong to the subclass Actinistia, a group of lobed-finned fish related to lungfish and certain extinct Devonian fish such as osteolepiforms, porolepiforms, rhizodonts, and Panderichthys.[4] Coelacanths were thought to have gone extinct in the Late Cretaceous, around 66 million years ago, but were rediscovered in 1938 off the coast of South Africa.[5]

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:37 AM
link   
It was fun while it lasted.....2-3 minutes of dodo fun*

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 06:36 AM
link   

originally posted by: wrathofall
Umm...fake!

Commercial stunt.

I looked everywhere for that clip because I read it was out there somewhere, so it was.

Thanks for posting and answering the question.

I just couldnt imagine what a commercial like that would be about, obvious now.

Also I did hope it was a real video.

to bad, thanks again

top topics

<<   2 >>

join