It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why people judge gay people and rich people as evil - jealousy!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:49 PM
link   
Have had a few clients worth more than 100 mill which to me is an astronomical amount of money. Some were arrogant and shallow, some were very nice people; all seemed more trapped by their wealth than liberated by it. As nice as it sounds in theory I wouldn't want it in reality or the problems that come with it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Our planet has a limited resources. We have destroyed most of them. Infinite resources just don't exist. This is just as disgusting to me as some Christians I know who believe the more we consume and pollute this planet, the sooner Christ will come back.

I have no reason to be jealous of the struggles of homosexuals. I dislike most rich because they are out of touch. I am an anti-materialist who tries to consume as little of our planets resources as humanly possible, while most of the rich leave a bigger carbon foot print than the average citizen.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:56 PM
link   
a reply to: kellyjay

I have to agree with the outrageous parade thing and the self importance attitude. We all know they want to be accepted, but to flaunt their bodies in a parade is like having nudists flaunt there nakedness in a parade. Public nudity is against the law, yet the LBGT think they're sexual preferences grants them the right to expose themselves to the general public. Any of these parades can be seen by passing children and are offensive to many adults. Sexual preferences simply shouldn't be pushed onto the general public.

Now that we have Bruce Jenner pushing for transgenderism acceptance, kids growing up are really going to be confused. We don't have people who are engaged in dominatrix, foot fetish, cross dressing, and other sexual perversions pushing their own agendas. It should be no different for the LBGT community.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I have to agree with the outrageous parade thing and the self importance attitude. We all know they want to be accepted, but to flaunt their bodies in a parade is like having nudists flaunt there nakedness in a parade. Public nudity is against the law, yet the LBGT think they're sexual preferences grants them the right to expose themselves to the general public. Any of these parades can be seen by passing children and are offensive to many adults. Sexual preferences simply shouldn't be pushed onto the general public.

Now that we have Bruce Jenner pushing for transgenderism acceptance, kids growing up are really going to be confused. We don't have people who are engaged in dominatrix, foot fetish, cross dressing, and other sexual perversions pushing their own agendas. It should be no different for the LBGT community.

Agree 110%...its almost like they shove their sexual orientation down your throat...."look at meeee im gay"

nobody cares ..take the assless chaps off

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
And the hatred of Kim Kardashian (and Kanye), Nikki Minaj, Lady Gaga shows how people REALLY hate rich (successful) people who are comfortable with their sexuality!

Wait, I do not like Kim and Kanye because they are self-absorbed jackasses but it has nothing to do with their sexuality. Not a huge fan of Nikki Minaj's music but she is harmless as far as I am concerned. I met Gaga and she was cool, I also liked her on Howard's show, she did a good job with the acoustic performance there.

So what does that make me?
Queer.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   
a reply to: Annee

They sell objectification of women. Pure and simple.

What does Kim do other than look pretty and flash her butt?

What about her sisters?

They are only famous for being sex objects, and their mom is like their madame.

So much for the empowered woman.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:15 PM
link   
a reply to: calstorm

Our planet has a limited resources. We have destroyed most of them. Infinite resources just don't exist.

That's your belief. I have Faith that there is Infinite Abundance for everyone. Rich people know there is more and more abundance, too. They have Faith so theyare blessed/Abundant.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

They sell objectification of women. Pure and simple.

So? It sells. They're not the stupid ones.

Personally I've never seen it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
a reply to: calstorm

Our planet has a limited resources. We have destroyed most of them. Infinite resources just don't exist.

That's your belief. I have Faith that there is Infinite Abundance for everyone. Rich people know there is more and more abundance, too. They have Faith so theyare blessed/Abundant.

You have FAITH that natural resources just automatically replenish themselves, even though they have voracious abusers?

Shakes head.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   
a reply to: WeRpeons

Well, you are wrong so there is that...

First it's Caitlyn Jenner Second Transgender is not a Sexual Perversion, it is a Gender-identity that they are born with, they deserve the right to have the same freedom and protection as everyone else, and it takes activism and visibility if it makes you uncomfortable sorry, not sorry

Now, these parades... you guys are so hung up on Parades it's past the point of funny, that is all you have left and it's getting boring hearing the same untruths all the time

Do you go to the beach? the Pool? are you okay with Woman wearing shorts and small shirts? are you okay with Straight Men wearing Tank-Tops or walking around with no tops?

do you agree that they should never have a Mardi Gras again because Woman flash people for beads? or people drunkenly grind on each other in the street?

I understand that you are ignorant to Gay Culture and the reason why we have Pride Events, but have you ever been to one? or just seen pictures on the news? or just "Know" what you "know"?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

a reply to: ketsuko

I think the word you want is greed when it comes to the wealthy.

Other people know that they are worthy of having more and more (greed). You were taught against it, therefore you feel uncomfortable with it and condemn it.

This is a perfect example to the point I was making in the OP.

Not really. I could care less what others do and don't have in respect to myself. I'm happy if I can help and that's it.

But I think when others look at the "evil" rich, they get greedy and what what others have and they don't. That is greed. People assign greed to the rich, but it's just as much greed to want what you don't have from the other side.

So let me get this straight, you think that someone who had made money and is financially secure must be greedy?
I would like to ask a hypothetical question using your hypothetical situation as a base. As it seems that you do not consider yourself wealthy, how would you compare yourself with the poor? Do you take the money that you have saved and bring it to the abject poor or do you save it for a rainy day?

If you hypothetically earned more money next year than the last, would you use some of it to buy something you need or want or would you just give it away and stay where you are at?

It seems easy for people to throw around terms like greed and wealth when they have never exposed themselves to it (not the wealthy's fault by the way) and judge people that you have never met. How can you judge people that you do not know and feel that objective?

Is it bad to work harder than others, be smarter than others or more innovative than others and benefit from it?
If you take away the incentive, who will strive for more?
Why hate people for something that you have never personally put yourself in the position of?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:25 PM
link   
a reply to: arpgme

Hmmm. Well, not all rich people are evil and not all poor people are good. People being people is the real problem.

It's all of those nasty base things that people simply refuse to temper - greed, envy, pride, etc. They know they're doing something wrong but justify it as being "natural selection" or any number of lies humans tell themselves to make them feel righteous to be doing wrong to others for their own best interests.

I can't hate anyone who became wealthy by pure effort and is humble and kind to others. I do however, have a problem with those who gained their wealth & power by lying, cheating, swindling, throwing others under the bus, even worse things like murder, etc. to get there. They are no better than a poor common thief. I especially despise when they have the audacity to proclaim that they are so much more worthy and somehow better than those who still struggle. Also, those who inherited wealth should not feel that they are better either. They are simply lucky this time around and should be grateful and humble to have that privilege.

I can't hate on good people with the drive to gain more. Personally, good food, a quiet, dark place to sleep and plenty of time to read and do artwork is enough for me at this point. I wanted so much more when I was young, but something changed after the realization that once you start down that path, how much is enough - and the worst part - you can't keep it. This is simply a flicker. What good are gold coins in a hand that will turn to dust?

The only thing I'd like from wealth are the beautiful things that can be created with it and the ability to travel. Can't even get out of your own town without some money.

As for LGBT - same deal - people being people. For the homophobes, I wish people could just respect other's choices that don't affect them and go on about their own business. Humans always fear everything that's different, usually with disastrous consequences.
For the outspoken, my neighbor really likes Bon Jovi and it's none of my business if he plays it at a decent level at his own house, but he doesn't need to throw a parade in honor of Bon Jovi or blast it at full volume for me to accept him - that tends to bring a negative outcome with people.
I am straight but accept all of you doing things between consenting adults as long as you're happy - live and let live.
Just don't blast Bon Jovi at 3AM.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

No, you are absolutely correct, my only problem with homosexuality is that they make it a mainstay and staple of their personality. They shove it in your face demanding to accept it almost like an assault of a sort. If I being a heterosexual male made this a staple of my identity and shoved it in people's face surely I would be in jail for sexual assault or whatever asshattery I could potentially conceive with such an idea. I have no desire to flaunt my heterosexuality I prefer it to be behind closed doors barring perhaps a comment here and there acknowledging the beauty of the opposite sex. Yes indeed minority groups are a larger voice and not forced to abide by the same laws or social mores.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   

You have FAITH that natural resources just automatically replenish themselves, even though they have voracious abusers?

Shakes head.

Life is growth. There are always more and more fruits and vegetables (food) growing. There is always more money, more wealth, more abundance, and more health. Being sick and denying your health does not help sick people get more health. There is health, joy, and abundance for everyone with the Faith/Expectation to allow it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Shakes head.

Life is growth. There are always more and more fruits and vegetables (food) growing. There is always more money, more wealth, more abundance, and more health. Being sick and denying your health does not help sick people get more health. There is health, joy, and abundance for everyone with the Faith/Expectation to allow it.

You obviously do not live in an agricultural area.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
a reply to: EveStreet
Well said.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:29 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

Let me guess.

You have gay friends, but . . .

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Annee I couldnt care less if someone is homosexual at all. I have no idea what your implying with your but. Regardless I don't appreciate your condescending manner thanks.
edit on 3-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

You can justify your Faith in lack. I'll justify my Faith in Abundance. Life is always increasing. There is always more and more for everyone.

a reply to: EveStreet

It's all of those nasty base things that people simply refuse to temper - greed, envy, pride, etc. They know they're doing something wrong but justify it as being "natural selection"

There is nothing nasty to me, about knowing you are an awesome being, worthy of more and more joy and abundance. Such a person is someone with great Faith that there is always more and more and that there is enough for everyone.

edit on 3-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality

Annee I couldnt care less if someone is homosexual at all. I have no idea what your implying with your but. Regardless I don't appreciate your condescending manner thanks.

Heterosexuals flaunt their heterosexuality all the time. You just don't tune into it -- because it's normal for you.

Men are not clones -- they vary tremendously. You have your Macho, Biker, Stuffed Shirt, Artist Type, Rocker, etc.

They ALL present themselves for public display. But, society is used to those.

Most gay men are not the stereotype, as most straight men are not only from one of the categories listed above.

You probably associate with gay men all the time and don't know it.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Annee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join