It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has the Bishopville Lizardman returned?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Maybe?

I can't believe that this story is actually trending right now on social media. I'll be the first to admit that I have no real clue what this creature looks like. However, the video and the picture stills look silly to me. I'm 100% certain that its a man in a costume. What gets me though is the mainstream media is covering this? ABC and Fox news are and who knows what other media outlets. Anyway, have a look and decide for yourselves! lol

An alleged recent photo of the Lizardman here:

BISHOPVILLE, SC (WIS) -
Is Lee County's world famous urban legend back to wreak havoc on Bishopville?

Yes, it's Lizard Man -- the anthropomorphic lizard...man with green skin, three toes, and a three clawed fingers. Two viewers sent us new photos and footage of the alleged South Carolina boogey man, and they might be the best photos yet.

Source with actual video and more pictures inside
edit on 3-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: Bloodydagger

Chicken, I bet it tastes like Chicken!

Something, something, JADE HELM15...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   
LOL, I'm one of those people that are not quick to point and judge quickly that videos/pictures of Cryptids are a man in a costume. However, THIS looks absurd to me. It almost looks like its claymation or something, LOL. Any true believers here on ATS think that this is real? Anyone able to point out if this has any inkling of being real whatsoever?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: KawRider9

Chicken, I bet it tastes like Chicken!

Something, something, JADE HELM15...

Yep....chicken is my vote too.

Oh, and I'll go with "it's a rock"

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
All that's missing is Dr Spock, Captain Kirk and Uhura.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:37 PM
link   

Are we sure that isn't just a still from one of any generic ST episodes with William Shatner ready to do battle?

Honestly... who believes this tripe??

link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Pants! I was 1 minute too slow

link   

originally posted by: Bloodydagger
LOL, I'm one of those people that are not quick to point and judge quickly that videos/pictures of Cryptids are a man in a costume. However, THIS looks absurd to me. It almost looks like its claymation or something, LOL. Any true believers here on ATS think that this is real? Anyone able to point out if this has any inkling of being real whatsoever?

Claymation was my very first thought on this as well....seems like I remember something that looks like this being in an old TV show...may have even been "V" from the 1984/85 era.....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Soloprotocol

Captain Kirk would get busy with it!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:38 PM
link   

I'm pretty open about these things but it looks like a something someone designed so people could take pictures with it. Statue, wax , something

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
The NPCs on Skyrim are more realistic than that.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: noonebutme

Are we sure that isn't just a still from one of any generic ST episodes with William Shatner ready to do battle?

Honestly... who believes this tripe??

The legend of Lizardman of Bishopville is an old tale/legend. The Lizardman of Scape ore Swamp so to speak. Anyway, hes a widely known Cryptid among the Cryptozoology crowd. A Reptilian/Lizardman or whatever. There are a lot of cases about folks running into him. Mostly back in the mid/late 1980s and some in the early/mid 1990s. The entire small town is based around this creature. I believe it has a small cafe named after him too. Sort of like the whole Mothman and Mount Pleasant stuff. I remember MonsterQuest running a show about this Lizardman on History channel several years ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vasa Croe

originally posted by: Bloodydagger

Claymation was my very first thought on this as well....seems like I remember something that looks like this being in an old TV show...may have even been "V" from the 1984/85 era.....

lmao, I wonder if someone spliced a Lizard creature from some old 1950s SciFi movie into this somehow?

The terrible Lizard people from Mars have descended upon Bishopville!
edit on 3-8-2015 by Bloodydagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

And while I don't doubt that there is a legend of a Lizardman, I'm just not convinced that the photos or video are actually it.
There's a Sasquatch type cryptid where I'm from. Well, stories of one at least.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:48 PM
link   
en.wikipedia.org...

^That discusses the legend itself and some famous sightings etc.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Here is the full body pic....painfully awkward looking for that to be a real being....I am thinking a costume....everything just looks awkward about it....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:54 PM
link   
I never thought something could look so stiff in a picture, LOL. Although I believe something chewed up that one mans car, and scared the crap out of a few residents, this is just making fun of that story.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:09 PM
link   
I have no idea what that is, but to me it looks silly. Any creature with human musculature throws up a "fake" flag to me. JMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Looks like some guy in a homemade diving suit.

edit on 3-8-2015 by Ivar_Karlsen because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:20 PM
link   
Cosplay practice!!! Good job on the costume!!! AKON will love it LOL

www.youtube.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join