It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Months in the Making, Finally Done!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
I worked for about 18 months on this painting, but I finally finished it, only need to be framed.

What do you think?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Amazingly Beautiful.

Des

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   
a reply to: Destinyone

Thanks

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   
a reply to: IndependentOpinion

Very nice!

Did you have a thread when you started this?
I vaguely remember seeing it at the beginning.....

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:11 PM
link   
a reply to: Darkblade71

Thanks! Yes I did, with my first account...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:43 PM
link   
What a beautiful painting

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:00 PM
link   

The detail in the face is amazing, you captured life perfectly. It looks more in focus than the rest of the painting, like the centerpiece.

Fierce!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:06 PM
link   
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Thank you very much. Good observation on the face being more in focus

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Great.

Thank you.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Now that's a very nice painting. Although if I may , I would put more shadow details it the painting so that the leopard will be more centered in this masterpiece. .

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   
That is awesome! You have some major talent. Very impressive. The detail is amazing and I can understand the amount of time you had to invest in painting such a great piece.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
This is awesome. I'm very impressed with the amount of skill that went into this. What's your next project gonna be?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Absolutely BEAUTIFUL! I have one of 2 cheetahs I've been on for literally years, but don't really know how to do the fur. I want lifelike and will do each hair if needed! Any suggestions?? Please?!!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:13 PM
link   
a reply to: Rubicon3

I can only tell you what I did, which was one of those trail and error situations. I used my most warn out brushes.

I just painted the base colours where it was needed, like the black sport, just plain. I then used those brushes to carefully 'smear' or pull the edges so it looks like hairs. I used the same technique all over the painting, just softly using the warn out brush to blend the colours together in a hair-like way. Sorry, wish I could explain better but English is not my first language. I hope it helps.

And in the ears I just used a lot of Turpentine instead of Paint Medium. It makes the paint mush more runny, and with a very small brush, just 'draw' in the hairs one by one

O, and yes this is Oil Paint
edit on 3-8-2015 by IndependentOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:25 PM
link   
a reply to: RealTruthSeeker

Thanks. My next project is going to be another one of these :

www.abovetopsecret.com...

like the same design, but different bird. I'll show you as soon as I'm done.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:39 PM
link   
that is a really good pose. there is a lot of motion and vibrancy in the composition. my only constructive criticism is that you left out (or not enough of) something that possibly could have helped expressed the entire scene a little more; the tail.
it could have been a miss direction or a subtle nuance in the background etc.

but this is amazing work mate.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:46 PM
link   
I'm waiting to see breathing... wow.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Thank you ever so much! I have MANY worn brushes and shall try your technique. It makes sense! I have used so many nearly three or four hairs left brushes to accomplish very minute, "picky" and very complicated pictures in the past. Unfortunately my portrait was began on canvas board that warped and developed mold...but I was told about a substance that would get rid of mold that I have not tried yet. I recently lost my middle son whom I was going to give this painting to, but I want to finish it and give it to which ever of my two i have left that wants it most. Thank you for your help. And your English is perfect for me!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:36 PM
link   
My mouth is hanging open! OMG!!!!! That is sooooo amazing! You are so talented! I hope you are selling your work and making big bucks!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 05:28 AM
link   
a reply to: Night Star

Thank you Night
. I started this painting with big bucks in mind, but I don't think I want to sell him anymore. He became a part of me.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join