It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anonymous Hacks Weller County Sheriff Department and new video of Sandra Bland during mugshot/intake

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:13 PM
link   
a reply to: SlapMonkey

Exactly. Someone gets it. 3 points.... 1. World governments know who they are. 2. They have been infiltrated for years. 3. They serve the USA knowingly and unknowingly

The tools that look at these guys as heroes... well its funny.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: pfishy
a reply to: roadgravel

Again, not trying to justify it. Just saying that there was more to it on her part than just the cigarette and the initial stop.

I haven't watched any of this. However, I get the impression that he ordered her out of the car after the ticket was issued and the stop was over. Would you agree?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bedlam

I don't know whether it was before or after.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

I don't know whether it was before or after.

Me either. Between work and home issues I haven't been keeping track. If the stop was concluded and THEN he starts ordering her out of the car 'for his own safety' i.e. you hurt my ego then it seems a bit more difficult to explain, IMHO.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: sycomix
a reply to: roadgravel

I have 5 simple rules for engagements with LEOs. In my experience (and there have been a few) if you do these simple things more often than not you will be released with nothing more than a ticket. Failure to follow these rules tends to end up with steel bracelets.

1. Shut up
2. Sit Down
3. Keeps hand where they can see em
4. Don't run
5. Comply (Do as told)

Yeah, keep teaching people to do just that, especially young people like this young lady who was abused by a Kentucky State Police officer.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

He gets to spend 30 days in jail and for the two years he is on probation, he isn't allowed to work in law enforcement. Meanwhile the young lady gets to continue counseling to get over her fear of blue lights and uniforms as a result of this piece of human scum.

Or, how about the women who get thrown into police cars and raped by the scum wearing the badge and toting a gun?
Just comply and it will be okay.
You would do well in under a totalitarian government.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   

I would certainly have to agree

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   

The stop was not over.

He was in the process of issuing her a written warning.

He asked her to put out the cigarette before he was going to ask her to sign it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: TorqueyThePig

The stop was not over.

He was in the process of issuing her a written warning.

He asked her to put out the cigarette before he was going to ask her to sign it.

Is that even a lawful order? Was there something more to it?

Did he feel threatened by the cigarette somehow? Why not just issue the cite and be done with it?

eta: from my admittedly uninformed POV on cop stories in the past week, it seems if he was down to having her sign the thing, the stop was pretty much over unless she refused to sign it. Anything else would seem to be the LEO trying to start something. Unless she suddenly presented some sort of threat right there at the end.
edit on 3-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 07:59 PM
link   
a reply to: dreamingawake

No money to bail herself out from a minor issue. Only enough cash to get to Texas but not start a new life as they are saying.

No calls made, Fear

Pulled over for illegal lane change. Use any reason what so ever to pull a known over. They knew she was coming.

Happens all the time. She would have been let go but she had been donated shall we say so the party was over and she knew it.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

When I still smoked, on the few occasions I dealt with police, I was asked to either put out or not light cigarettes. It's not a terribly unusual request.
And if I recall correctly, when she was asked to put it out, she got verbally combative, correct?
(That last question wasn't really directed to you Phage, since you've already said you weren't really aware of the details)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:16 PM
link   

And if I recall correctly, when she was asked to put it out, she got verbally combative, correct?

I went cold turkey on cop stories this week. Trying to go to my happy place.

I've gotten unlawful lawful orders before. Actually started the trip through federal court over one but the city caved instantly. The LEO actually said "I'm the law and I gave you an order, therefore it's a lawful order".

IIRC, my journey of discovery on what cops can order you to do revealed that what constitutes a valid lawful order is actually pretty circumscribed, and mostly focuses on immediate safety of the officer or public. But I'm not sure "put out the cigarette you're smoking in your own car after I've handed you a cite to sign" passes muster. Certainly it doesn't seem to endanger the cop in question.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   

Could it be a lawful order? Maybe.

That said, I have asked people to put their cigarettes out/down when having them sign warnings and citations.

It's not that I am scared they are going to "use it as a weapon" against me, but more so because I don't want embers or ashes
falling on me or the warning/citation.

I have never had a person get upset or refuse to do so.

They always seem to understand my request.

If somebody refused to put theirs out I wouldn't arrest them.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

He had NOT yet handed her the warning to sign when he asked her to put it out.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Maybe a symptom of unaccountabiliy is the police acting like a bunch of out of control thugs. Which leads to the symptom of people taking things into their own hands to hold them accountable for the way they can do things above the law. If enough cop's worry that the public will serve justice the same way that the police do, they might think twice before they kill someone for a broken tail light.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   

He had NOT yet handed her the warning to sign when he asked her to put it out.

It seems as though, in his mind, handing over the warning to be signed depended on whether or not she acquiesced to his request to put out her cigarette.

He pretended to give her some control, and when she took it, he pounced on her, and took any inkling of control away from her, forever!

edit on 3-8-2015 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell
It was suicide not murder. Crack head drug runner and she knew she was in big trouble back in Chicago.

Why do you call her a "crackhead" ? she was a pretty well carried individual

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
a reply to: diggindirt

Perhaps the list of recommended actions when dealing with cops should be:

1. Stay calm and collected
2. Be courteous and respectful
3. Don't run or fight (unless your life has been threatened)
4. Answer any questions as concisely as you can
5. Comply with requests (as long as they don't violate your rights)

Those seem rather reasonable and it is unlikely, but not guaranteed of course, that you will run into trouble if you try your best to follow them.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: mikell

No money to bail herself out from a minor issue. Only enough cash to get to Texas but not start a new life as they are saying.

No calls made, Fear

Pulled over for illegal lane change. Use any reason what so ever to pull a known over. They knew she was coming.

Happens all the time. She would have been let go but she had been donated shall we say so the party was over and she knew it.

Okay well, then why do any of the reports NOT say that? There is no police evidence of her showing up in TX to deliver drugs.

She did make phone calls.

She was hired at a job on TX thus why she moved. Do you think a drug smuggling criminal history would would be hired for such a job?

An active social-media commentator on racial justice matters, Bland had just moved to Texas from Illinois and had been set to take up a job at her alma mater, Prairie View A&M University, a historically black college in the county that was founded on the site of a former plantation.

“This is the most racist county in the state of Texas which is probably one of the most racist states in the country,” said DeWayne Charleston, a former Waller County judge who in 2007 ordered a black funeral home to handle the burial of an unidentified white woman, sparking controversy when activists claimed that other officials intervened to stop a white person being buried next to black corpses.
Source

Listening to the article above one might say: Sounds more like he noticed an African American women drive prior to letting someone go for for a warning. Or that he was racing up behind people, to confuse them to confuse them if he decided to pull them over to meet his quota. Followed behind her making her assume a) she was being pulled over, or b) a police trying to pass her causing her to to become nervous not putting on her blinker.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:52 PM
link   

If he was trying to fill some alleged quota why would he write her a warning?
edit on 3-8-2015 by TorqueyThePig because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 12:29 AM
link   

If he was trying to fill some alleged quota why would he write her a warning?

Because he was looking for something more, found it with agitating her into being arrested, to fill one?

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join