It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Attack on Titan (Live Action Movie) :D

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:00 AM
link   
OMG I just found this I didn't even know they were making a live action version

It was a comic then a cartoon show and it is awesome!! If you have not seen it I really suggest you do so.

That may have been the best trailer I have ever seen
(apart from the star wars ones of course)
edit on 3-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
Sorry old friend, reviews from fans are less than stellar.
I know little of it other than Disney wanted to either buy the property or bought it.

Always keep an open mind and a hopeful heart, though.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It's going to be a hit in Japan.

Western audiences won't like it because it doesn't have the high production value that something like Transformers would have for example.

I will enjoy it most certainly, but I like that kind of film anyway and some major studio will pick it up in the US and the dummed down, flashy version that's needed for Western and European audiences.

~Tenth.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
a reply to: boymonkey74

How come the female titans don't have any nips?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

They are a-sexual they may have female and male faces but they don't have bits and bobs nor any women parts.
edit on 3-8-2015 by boymonkey74 because: they not you lol I said you don't have bits and bobs Augustus lol.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: the owlbear

It is massive over there they have just opened a theme park.

I think the Japanese will be a lot more critical of the film then myself

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
a reply to: tothetenthpower

I'm just re-telling what I saw on Kotaku or somewhere like that. I do have a Western bias, comics and rpgs and such. I do love me some Kaiju action, though.

Hope it turns out awesome for fans. I really do.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Don't forget the Attack on Titan burger!
AoT is a way of life over there like Star Wars is stateside.
I'll probably give it a shot one of these days...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:48 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
They are a-sexual they may have female and male faces but they don't have bits and bobs nor any women parts.

Bummer, I was hoping to see some 88ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ cups in unrestrained action.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

originally posted by: the owlbear

I'm just re-telling what I saw on Kotaku or somewhere like that. I do have a Western bias, comics and rpgs and such. I do love me some Kaiju action, though.

Hope it turns out awesome for fans. I really do.

Oh so do I.

I saw the trailer the first time and was like "damn" it's not pretty enough.

And then I slapped myself. At least the Japanese won't involve some senseless love story that takes up 20 mins of screen time.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I will enjoy it most certainly, but I like that kind of film anyway and some major studio will pick it up in the US and the dummed down, flashy version that's needed for Western and European audiences.

That's hollywood for you-they have feelers everywhere.

Hollywood interpretations of anime, kaiju or horror doesn't work-the absurdity of the premises and dialogue don't translate well and the source material loses it's charm. As for Anime English voice overs is the only way to go IMO.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   
a reply to: AugustusMasonicus

Oddly enough I still fancied the big girl titan in the second picture I posted above.
Honestly you can find all the episodes on the net watch em.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   
a reply to: Thecakeisalie

Is Pacific Rim based on some Anime I don't know about?

Cause that sounds like it would be good.

~Tenth

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   
One thing I notice is that in the story Misaka is the only human left with any Asian blood (her mother was killed) and even she was only like half.

This movie does not reflect that.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:16 PM
link   
You don't know how many times I've been talking with my sons about how awesome this would be. When you have a good idea if you don't follow through with it, you will see it done. Countless "let's cover Cindy Lauper all punk rocked out" have occurred in my lazy a$$ lifetime. 100 Monkeys right?

Watch, they'll do and updated trendy American version with Cumbercrotch or who ever putting an accent on the lead in 3 years max.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Oh wowzers, this looks radical. My husband said he saw a commercial for a live action version, said it looked pretty good. I paid no mind to that because I haven't seen a good live action yet...but this does look awesome.

God, the Titans scare the crap out of me. I hate anything that eats humans, up until I started watching this show the Morlocks were the scariest man eaters I had heard of, but the Titans take the cake. They smile as they put humans in their mouth, wth?

Is this coming to American theaters? I hope so!

posted on Aug, 15 2015 @ 04:48 PM
link   
I just found it online
dvd with subs
Watching now

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 07:11 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 18 2015 @ 05:06 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 12 2015 @ 10:23 PM
link   

I am so loving that they are redoing the story line in live action with real actors. I may enjoy movies, but this one takes the cake. I wish I could shake the creator's hand.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join