It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I invented a new sport, Volley Handball.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:55 AM
link   
Game can be played in a handball court or a street soccer court, the ball used is a volleyball.
You can have 3 to 7 players in each team (1 goalie and the rest field players).
Number of players is dependant on size of court. But 5 to 7 would be ideal.
You can have any time duration for this game. For a full game, I think four 10 min quarters like in basketball is good.

Rules of the game is simple, a player has to advance the ball by bouncing off their forearms, fists, head or chest (As with accordance to volleyball contact rules, you cannot carry or palm the ball). A player is allowed a maximum 5 touches after which they have to pass the ball to another player. They can run and move around while bouncing, If the ball drops and hits the floor, possession goes to the other team.

Scoring is accomplished when a player spikes the ball into the goal. while spiking to score,the ball is allowed to touch the ground once or it can also be scored without touching ground. Only the goalie can catch the ball like a normal soccer goalie. Once an attempt to score is made, regardless whether it is successful, the possession would go to the goalie's team.

Minimal contact is allowed, like in basketball or soccer. The opposing players can try to intercept the ball. 4 team fouls is allowed per quarter where the fouled team just retains possession, while subsequent fouls would award the fouled team a "free spike", equivalent of penalty kick in soccer.

Now that you guys know the rules, lets hope you have an awesome time with this game!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:57 AM
link   
a reply to: icyboy771z

I'd Love to see this! Make a video of the game in action?

new topics

join