It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Beloved Hitchhiking Robot Traveled Half Way Across World Destroyed by Philadelphia Vandals

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: jude11

originally posted by: Glassbender777
Unfortunetly this doesnt come as a shock. The Robot should of been outfitted with a self defense mechanism before taking the US leg of the trip. Philadelphia isn't exactly a stroll in the park. I would of liked to have seen this succeed.

Another poster on another site suggested the robot would have been better off traveling and passed along by truckers.

I agree.

Jude

As long as they weren't lonely truckers...
Hitch-Bot might have become a surrogate wife.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: boymonkey74
I am hitchbot! .

We are all hitchbot.

Stay classy America!

Je Suis Hitch-Bot?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:22 AM
link   
I done went and hit that there button more than once.
Sorry folks.

edit on 3-8-2015 by the owlbear because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   
It's just not Philly, there is a real lack of respect of other people's property.

Our little town built a skateboard park and youth center a few years ago. As soon as it was completed, kids proceeded to tear big holes in the sides of the building, deface signs, and tear out a water faucet.
The local Drive In planted multiple planters of flowers all around their new outdoor eating area. Some kids tore all the plants out one night, it did get caught on the Security camera of the Drive In, but I never did hear what came of it.

One night some 20 year olds got really drunk and went around spray painting cars fluorescent orange, mine being one of them. 20 years old come on!
Kids shot their neighbors Husky dog with arrows, didn't kill it though, maybe next time and they did it for no reason at all, just something to do.

How about the people who intentionally swerve to hit an animal in the road, dogs and cats included. I live out in the country.

One day I saw some punks bullying a kid. I stopped and read them the riot act, of course they called me every name in the book, but they did move on, probably the next day they beat the crap out of the kid, I don't know.

When I was a kid in the 50's one day a car load of teenagers ran me off the road when I was on my bike, so this has been going on forever. But I'll never forget how frightening that was, I was hurt and in the gravel and they were laughing as they drove off.

Sorry for rambling!

I hope they do rebuild or make a new robot and see it safely out of the USA.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: jude11The project was met to unite, share and bring a message of unity across the World but there will be none of that in America.
No sir. No way.

Oh, give me a damn break--yes, let's judge an entire country of nearly 320million people by one or a few idiots that do something to a semi-known "robot," especially when it makes its way into a city known for its stupidity and lawlessness.

If you really want to see what America is like and how Americans are, stay out of the bigger cities, as those are just breeding grounds for ignorance and jackassery. But don't stereotype an entire nation by a few idiots--that doesn't transcend the actions of these people at all.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: SlapMonkey

If you really want to see what America is like and how Americans are, stay out of the bigger cities, as those are just breeding grounds for ignorance and jackassery. But don't stereotype an entire nation by a few idiots--that doesn't transcend the actions of these people at all.

It's not just the big cities. Growing up in Lubbock we thought it was fun to tip over cows, squirt shaving cream down the geeks pants, superglue people to other people, Use the letters on the church signs to spell....you can imagine..etc. It's a long list actually.

yeah, America...
edit on 3-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Pretty sad really. Was hoping for it to travel through the NW and obtain some stickers and fun modifications.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:48 PM
link   

originally posted by: Hidinout
It's just not Philly....

Right.
It's Baltimore,
D.C.
NYC
New Orleans
Chicago
Detroit

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:37 PM
link   
If you're afraid of wolves, don't go into the forest. -Russian Proverb

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I think we should wait until the autopsy results...

Å99

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I knew the Yanks couldn't handle the pressure.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
My friends come to Philly from LA and NY and remark on how laid back everything is. People aren't as cutthroat, white and black get along, and people are nice.

I have a great story as an example. I just picked up my Porsche from my mechanic, on the border of a bad area (Chelten Ave.) It just got dark and I had a 2hr drive ahead of me, and I was starving. I looked for the first Chinese place I could find, parked and went in. I started to realize it was bad when people walked in and rolled a blunt, lit it and walked out...etc. Then a bunch of tough black dudes came in all rowdy, shoving each other and boxing....I was like ok, are they gonna test me or what? Well when the next guy came in from the liquor store next door with a giant bottle of rum, I found out. They started chugging it, and after a bit came over to my table and were like, yo, chug some. I tried to decline, but they were like, you can still drive fine...etc. I stood up and chugged in front of five guys with spider web tats on their neck, likely just celebrating killing someone....they all yelled "chug".

We laughed out loud, then the guys went outside. I gave them ten bucks and told them to get an extra...."whatever", hopped in my Porsche and took off. I felt a little light on my feet, but knew one thing, cool guys recognize each other and there does not HAVE to be a problem. ATS posters would do well to learn about this.
edit on 3-8-2015 by FlyingFox because: freedom

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:33 AM
link   
a reply to: jude11

Now imagine if he was open carrying. He'd have made it just fine.

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I think it is a trend are the Brian robot ads actually real?.

I must admit I would kill this blooming robot because it is used for evil but Hitchbot....

We need to find the missing head that is the key!

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:55 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Yeah, but that's generally harmless stuff in the longrun, and you didn't mention anything about destruction of property.

I lived in Germany for 3.5 years starting when I was 19...America isnt' the only place where its youths and inhabitants do stupid and destructive things, it's just easy for the world to call out Americans because it draws attention away from their own shortcomings.

It's interesting, actually--many Europeans and their cultures have a vastly inflated ego concerning how perfect they are. I guess it stems from a sense of nationalism and how they go back for centuries, if not millennia, but that doesn't make them any better than we Americans are.

yeah, All Cultures...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join