It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   
Whats with all of the "religious religious" I keep seeing thrown around. This discussion has nothing to do with religion.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:43 PM
link   
"Everything that exists must have a Creator."

"Er ... except one."

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101
Whats with all of the "religious religious" I keep seeing thrown around. This discussion has nothing to do with religion.

Nope it has to do with your compulsion to shove your beliefs down others throats and prove atheists wrong once and for all!
edit on 2-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

There's nothing in this thread that isn't redundant.

Yeah you're prolly right about that.

Most of all the gawd damned heckling.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66
"Everything that exists must have a Creator."

"Er ... except one."

That's more like it!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: arpgme
People create their own life experience with Faith/Belief. All things are possible for (s)he who believes. If they don't believe, then they will only limit themselves. If they trust/believe they will gain more and more evidence/proof. Believing is seeing.

Maybe for some.

There are plenty of people on this planet who have their lives greatly restricted by their chosen (or sometimes forced) religion.

Try telling a woman in Afghanistan that her life experience is better because of her beliefs.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101

That's laughable coming from the person who capitalized "god" and "him" in the OP.

Don't play dumb.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Pretty sure the OP actually covered that.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

I don't think anyone can "force" someone to believe in something.. I mean, there may be a lot of people forced to ACT like they believe something, but I just can't see anyone being forced to believe in or think anything truly against their will. Someone could certainly try ro force someone to believe something, but unless we're talking mind control to the most serious degree, noone can control someones thoughts.

Just my opinion. Carry on!

edit on 2-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeadSeraph

Pretty sure the OP actually covered that.

The capitalization of those words is evidence that the OP is a Christian. This thread is absolutely based on religion.

I read what he said in the OP but they're just words.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Wookiep

I don't think anyone can "force" someone to believe in something.. I mean, there may be a lot of people forced to ACT like they believe something, but I just can't see anyone being forced to believe in or think anything truly against their will. Someone could certainly try ro force someone to believe something, but unless we're talking mind control to the most serious degree, noone can control someones thoughts.

Just my opinion. Carry on!

Semantics.

I said their religion is sometimes forced. It doesn't mean they necessarily believe it, they just have to pretend or face punishment/death in some cultures.
edit on 8/2/2015 by Answer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Nah.
I'm not a Christian but I capitalize that (and God, and Bible) out of respect for the beliefs of others.

Doesn't change the fact that the OP does not, in fact, present a logical argument of any sort.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:58 PM
link   
a reply to: Phage

That was a refreshing little read, and quite respectful of you.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:59 PM
link   
a reply to: Wookiep

Even considering the edit?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage

Nah.
I'm not a Christian but I capitalize that (and God, and Bible) out of respect for the beliefs of others.

Doesn't change the fact that the OP does not, in fact, present a logical argument of any sort.

I capitalize Christian and Bible because it's proper gramar. The capitalization of "him" was the most telling. That's a Christian thing.

link   
a reply to: Phage

Haha, well.... I just saw that, you have the right to your opinion! Personally, being someone who does believe in God, I don't think he WANTS to prove his existence in the way many here expect, or want him to.

The first part was great!

edit on 2-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

link   

There are plenty of people on this planet who have their lives greatly restricted by their chosen (or sometimes forced) religion.

Yes let the world be only of those who believe the
other 95% of the present worlds pop is either ignorant or delusioinal.
But never at the same time both because of religion!
Not to be confused with belief in a higher power.
An ultimate existance in personification.
A.K.A. El Light of Eternal Mind

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Correct. Limiting beliefs are limiting. This is a tautology.

People create their own life experiences with their Faith/Beliefs.

Beliefs of limitation = a life of limitation.
edit on 2-8-2015 by arpgme because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Well, on the rare occasion that I use it, so do I (capitalize).

I'm not, btw, arguing that the OP is not taking a religious stance. It's quite clear they are.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: TechniXcality

If whatever brought the universe into existence isn't an omnipotent intelligible being it is limited. If it is limited then something outside must of caused it to be limited (unless you want to say that it was originally unlimited and created this limitation onto itself (which is impossible since if its unlimited it can make itself unlimited again)) which means that it isn't the first creator and what ever limited it, is the first creator.

Conclusion: There has to be a first omnipotent intelligible creator because if what created the universe is limited then there has to be an unlimited limiter.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join