It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
a reply to: randyvs

I'm personally enjoying all the pot shots being thrown around. The "neolithic goat herders" jab was my personal favorite, so far. It's interesting to me how this question never really gets a serious look from some people because they are completely incapable of separating themselves from their preconceived notions of religion, and thinking about the subject philosophically.

But carry on. I've seen this show 10000 times on ATS and it always ends the same. Sometimes I think the network should just consider canceling it. But I guess we still have reruns of MASH on tv, and everyone loves hawkeye.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:28 PM
link   
a reply to: 321Go

I see you haven't read the whole post.

When we speak of God, we make use of words, but we do so only in borrowed or metaphorical terms, so that we should understand what we must regarding Him. Our vocabulary contains only words pertaining to natural concepts, bound by the limitations of created things, and it it
therefore impossible for us to say anything at all without these words. But all who seek God and speak about Him must clearly realize that any descriptions or words used in relation to God do not truly relate to Him. They can apply only as borrowed terms, and in no other sense.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Wow, two days in a row and we agree, I had better lay off the sauce…. :-)

OP, Hi I am god, I just got a little lazy and decided to come here and live among you. Prove me wrong and I will give you eternal bliss.

link   
a reply to: arimass101

People your avoiding from debating me from this question:

Actually, people are smart enough to see a troll thread based on its title.

Dear Atheists: I will prove to you that there is a Creator to the universe. Come debate me.

"Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?"
You have created a false dichotomy. Not a logical argument.

edit on 8/2/2015 by Phage because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: arimass101
People your avoiding from debating me from this question: "Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?" This is the root of the tree. Everything else are branches. You cant have branches if you dont have a root.

Again, there is nothing to debate.

I'll go with option 3 and say "none of the above."

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   
I never cease to be amazed at the believers who try to claim that atheists have never given the question a "serious look."

How many times does one of us have to relate our path (usually from Christianity) back to reality?

It doesn't matter, I guess; believers believe what they wish.

By definition.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: arimass101
People your avoiding from debating me from this question: "Either the universe had a creator or the universe had always existed. Which is more logical?" This is the root of the tree. Everything else are branches. You cant have branches if you dont have a root.

Nobody knows for sure. It could have suddenly come into existence or that could have been it's last state of collapse before re-expansion. But like I said, nobody knows. Ergo, you don't know, and neither can you know about the existence of any god – by your own rules!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   
a reply to: DeadSeraph

I'm trying a different stance myself this time around.
Instigator!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: arimass101

Why is this the "root" of the tree sounds to me your guiding the argument which is silly.the universe certainly hasn't existed forever , but that doesn't require the existence of an omni potent intelligible creator god either . It's silly do you really want to know the truth I'll tell you the truth at least as I see it. Are you ready for this?

We are on a floating rock spinning around an exploding ball of hydrogen in outer space, having a conversation a virtual network questioning the grander things in life, so if someone says they "know" well simply put, they don't ! But don't listen to me, as you can see weirder # has happened^.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Original post updated. Please check.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:37 PM
link   
If there is no God what's the point of everything?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   
a reply to: Answer

There is zero evidence but that doesn't stop people from believing.

If you do decide to engage? Why not be more imaginative and less redundant?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

originally posted by: rumor21

Yea that is the result of Christian thinking which instills certain nihilism in it's believers
edit on 2-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

That could be the loneliest, saddest and yet most mundane statement I've read for quite a while.

link   

originally posted by: randyvs
a reply to: Answer

There is zero evidence but that doesn't stop people from believing.

If you do decide to engage? Why not be more imaginative and less redundant?

Why?

There's nothing in this thread that isn't redundant.

How many times have we had these debates on this site and how many different outcomes have their been?

link   
a reply to: rumor21

Why does everything have to have a point?

link   

Who said there has to be a point?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
People create their own life experience with Faith/Belief. All things are possible for (s)he who believes. If they don't believe, then they will only limit themselves. If they trust/believe they will gain more and more evidence/proof. Believing is seeing.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phage
a reply to: rumor21

Why does everything have to have a point?

So you can write with it, and get bugs out trees and eat them.
Derp

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I am a Christian, and I shall say that there is no proof of God, as defined in the scientific context of 'proof'.

If you are a serious Monotheist, then you of all people should know that there is not, and can not be proof of God..

..until the end, when it no longer matters who knows

How many arguments have ended based on what can and cannot be proven?

Let them have their knowledge.
edit on 8/2/2015 by r0xor because: (no reason given)

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join