It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Scorching 'heat dome' over Middle East sees temperatures soar to 165F in Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about guys.

Don't forget "heat index" is just a tool invented by the government to support the global warming hoax:

Limbaugh: The Killer 116° Heat Index Is ‘Manufactured By The Government’

Don't fall for any of that propaganda. If you start experiencing rapid heart rate, nausea, headache, dizziness - put your water bottle down immediately, because obviously Obama must be putting something in it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The middle east is mostly desert right? IT GETS HOT IN A DESERT!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:54 PM
link   
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

This happened in a port city. Also, you might want to check Iran's geography. They have mountains & get snow.

And here's a video of a skiing trip in Iran.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:25 PM
link   
let me know when temps in Iran reach 10,000 degrees

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:49 PM
link   
a reply to: mc_squared

More like they started widely reporting it more often recently and emphasizing it over the true temperature.

And he's right in that sense. I heard him that day. His point was not that heat index isn't dangerous, but that weather forecasters tend to emphasize the heat index number more as if it's the true temperature.

So basically this year for example, even though it's actually been a very moderate year temp. wise where I'm at, people might think it's been horrific because we've had bad heat indices due to the extra rain and higher than average humidity. It has pushed our heat indices up close to 120 a couple days, but the true temp has never gotten higher than 97 or so which is more or less normal, and it has been at that temp for fewer days than normal despite the higher heat indices.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:53 PM
link   
a reply to: TruthxIsxInxThexMist

You peeps don't even know heat til you been to death valley.
The highest ever recorded in the world 134 degrees F
Only people on the really fun drugs live there.
edit on Rpm80215v56201500000002 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:04 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
Heat Domes are miserable weather phenomena when a high pressure ridge gets so strong they more or less stagnate and don't move. The hot air then just sort of sits in place and cooks, getting hotter every day until a strong low can displace the high pressure area.

Do some research and you'll see that this is something that tends to happen somewhere every summer. I feel for the folks stuck under this thing, but it's never fun for anyone stuck under one of these bad boys. All they do is wait and pray for the heat to break up soon.

Happened here a few times in my life. With the high pressure comes zero clouds, too.

A few years ago we went 101 days straight without rain, and over 100 degrees. In my high school years as a roofer, we had heat index over 130 for a couple weeks. We couldn't do any roofing because people would just get sick

This year's been wonderful. The rains come at least a couple times a month. Temps stay in the upper 90's mostly. Our reservoirs are back to at least half full (so we aren't drinking filtered mud anymore :up

I really feel for those poor folks in Iran. Its horrible to have that kind of heat. The elderly and the poor will suffer the most, which really sucks.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:11 PM
link   

originally posted by: eriktheawful

Still, a Heat Index of 165 F is the same as being in the boiler room on the ships I served on in the US Navy. Your only allowed to work for 15 to 20 minutes, then you have to go cool off in the air conditioning for about 1 1/2 hours before you can go back down there. It's horrible.

People pay big bucks to detoxify like that and you got it all for free. lol

I know what you are talking about I worked in the industrial burners, at auto plants here in Detroit years ago and it was miserable.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:15 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
a reply to: HUMBLEONE

This happened in a port city. Also, you might want to check Iran's geography. They have mountains & get snow.

And here's a video of a skiing trip in Iran.

No Enlightenedservant (pretty pesumptuous) I would not like to look at Iranian data! I'm interested in dropping off some smarmmy arsed comment and given some bloke a chuckle. Well OK Ms. geography smarty pants, whats the average dew point in Killpeckers knob, Kentucky?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko
a reply to: mc_squared

More like they started widely reporting it more often recently and emphasizing it over the true temperature.

And he's right in that sense. I heard him that day. His point was not that heat index isn't dangerous, but that weather forecasters tend to emphasize the heat index number more as if it's the true temperature.

Yeah, except his point was that they emphasize it more to promote "the global warming agenda".

…Or maybe it’s because Heat Index is a more important metric for human health (let alone comfort), since our bodies can’t cool themselves as effectively in high humidity, and most people find this information much more important on hot days than true temperature?

About the Heat Index

It’s the exact same way that most people in Canada tend to care much more about wind chill in the winter, rather than what the thermometer alone might tell them.

But thanks for jumping in and defending ole Rush.
It’s always great to confirm the ATS members who protest the loudest about issues like global warming around here are the kind that willingly subscribe to this blowbag’s wild conspiracies than just basic physiology/science/common sense.

Trump 2016!!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: mc_squared

Don't forget "heat index" is just a tool invented by the government to support the global warming hoax:

Don't fall for any of that propaganda. If you start experiencing rapid heart rate, nausea, headache, dizziness - put your water bottle down immediately, because obviously Obama must be putting something in it.

Yeah, I wonder if they will still call global warming a hoax if this becomes the norm everywhere. Imagine not being able to go outside on some days in summer because the air temp is close to boiling. THEN will all you climate deniers believe something is wrong?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 06:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: openminded2011

originally posted by: mc_squared

Yeah, I wonder if they will still call global warming a hoax if this becomes the norm everywhere.

Yes. Excess heat and changed climate is already the norm.

Deny deny deny!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:32 PM
link   
a reply to: openminded2011

Yeah, I wonder if they will still call global warming a hoax if this becomes the norm everywhere. Imagine not being able to go outside on some days in summer because the air temp is close to boiling.

Sadly it may have to come to that when you’re dealing with those who get their critical thinking skills from someone like Rush Limbaugh.

It’s a sad state because not only are you dealing with the “boiling frog” phenomenon, but also people that choose to do whatever mental gymnastics they can to rationalize away the cognitive dissonance such new information may bring.

The Heat Index issue is a perfect example: all a reasonable person has to do is ask themselves what do they care about when they check the weather. Do you care what the “true temperature” is outside, or how it’s going to make you actually feel?

The answer is obvious, and this is why heat index and wind chill get emphasized over true temperature on particularly hot and cold days – because that’s exactly what people want to know.

But rather than accept this very simple reality, those threatened by said reality would apparently rather make up some elaborate scheme where not only are all the scientists in on the global warming thing now – but all the weather forecasters too. It just gets bigger and more elaborate and crazier all the time, but I guess that’s the more comfortable route than opening your mind a little sometimes.

It’s pretty intense thinking about how many people in this world are so afraid to deal with reality sometimes, whether they escape it through drugs, alcohol, religion or conservative hate radio.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
a reply to: eriktheawful

Thanks for posting that comment and giving people actual facts.
It is NOT 165F over there. The reality is It is 40deg C + or -, a normal summer.

I notice now, even in Australia, that they mention the temperature as say, 13degC, But it feels like 8 deg C.......

(We are in a cold winter now, btw in Southern Oz)

So I can imagine when we have 40deg day again in Summer, and we will.. we always do,.... they will come up with, oh its 42 deg but it feels like 65 deg............Unless you are by the A/c

Actually, summer was mild last season, people were complaining it was too cold
..............we might actually have a normal hot summer this year.

The hottest temp I can find for Oz is 50.7 deg C in 1960. (yes b4 Global warming
That is in a town on the edge of a desert, arid terrain, where some people live in a small town, built around a pub. I have no doubt, in the "actual" deserts of Australia....where no one lives, it would be much hotter.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Probably from all the hot gas coming from Israels arse

edit on 2-8-2015 by DarthFazer because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:31 PM
link   
a reply to: DarthFazer

Hurr.
Good one.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   
I was in Bahrain about a decade ago and it was 60c something. I felt like I stepped out into a heater when running to my waiting car. brutal.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
a reply to: enlightenedservant

Funny this happens just as the Iran nuclear deal is going down with calls for Israeli disarmament. Second hottest temperature ever recorded... guess you don't need nukes to wipe out a country!
edit on 2-8-2015 by Konduit because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Konduit

Combine this and the meteor that just flew by/hit Iran and zomg a new thread!

All kidding aside though.... Haarp, mother nature or the one that most fail to believe in/blame all our wonderful human problems on (yes the one and only God) things are heating up! (no pun intended.... or was there!
) things are getting interesting none the less!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   
FAKE!!

-"God"

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join