It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Let's assume Bernie wins...

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:02 PM
link   
... then what?

If as we all know, every other politician is a bought and paid for corporate shill, even as president, what could he possible do that won't be completely stonewalled?

No matter how authentic he might be, no matter legitimate, with literally no support anywhere else in government, how can he be anything but an ineffective lame duck president?

I mean let's say he wins, and he tries his darnedest to enact changes for the better of all, fights tooth and nail, but is blocked at every turn, will we have nothing but hate for him? Or say he tries to pass things for the benefit of all, but before it gets passed it gets torn apart by the other politicians and put back together as a Frankenstein monstrosity barely resembling it's original intent. Will we hold this against him?

If every attempt is made the political world to undermine him and his presidency and destroy him, and the media does their job of painting him red and incompetent, when the truth is, he's just being raped by the same corrupt system we all are, are we going to buy into the media?

Honestly, even if Bernie wins, and I like Bernie, I think he's the real deal, but honestly what CAN he do?

Every attempt will be made to make him, if the real deal, seem like he was a bad choice, and worse than Obama or Bush ever were. What are we left with then? The presidency has it's power, but it's not a king or emperor, with no support from the other branches, it's overall, pretty pathetic, only so much the branch can do without support.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:06 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

"" Let's assume Bernie wins... ""

"" ... then what? ""

>>>>
Complete stalemate.

Then Checkmate.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:09 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Could you... I don't know... explain in more detail maybe?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   

He'll still have a pen and a phone right?

Seriously though, if he ever gets close to undermining TPTB's goals he will probably be put down.

See: JFK

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:13 PM
link   
a reply to: rockintitz

I think he's aware of that possibility. I think at his age he's not too worried about that. Martyrdom on his part might be just the wake up call we need. I don't think the powers that be would take that route. Character assassination and stonewalling = far better than risking turning him into a martyr to pull back the curtain and expose the truth for the masses.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: Puppylove

Could you... I don't know... explain in more detail maybe?

Questions:

1. what would he sign that Congress would pass.

2. what would Congress pass that he would sign.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Oh you're talking about the gun thing. Using Bernie as a Trojan Horse for gun control, gotcha.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Bernie is less important as a person than he is as a yard stick... and the amount of support he is getting is changing the narrative - at least the part of it we are handed to consume.

For the first time in my memory, for example, the Koch brothers are making a public statement against corporate welfare.

That's thanks to Bernie. Those who live by polls can die by them too and they know it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:16 PM
link   

I think he's aware of that possibility. I think at his age he's not too worried about that. Martyrdom on his part might be just the wake up call we need. I don't think the powers that be would take that route. Character assassination and stonewalling = far better than risking turning him into a martyr to pull back the curtain and expose the truth for the masses.

Exactly. That's why he won't become president.

See: Ron Paul
edit on 1-8-2015 by rockintitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:17 PM
link   
The guy will be 75 years old at the time of the next election, he's not going to make it through the nomination process. Old people don't get young votes.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: rockintitz

Seriously though, if he ever gets close to undermining TPTB's goals he will probably be put down.

See: JFK

That's what they said about Obama too. For some of the same and some different reasons.

But he's made it so far, despite some pretty major secret service screw ups.

If we go all pessimistic and nihilistic and don't take the chance to shake things uo, we;ll just get more of the same crap.

Can't get much worse for a lot of people.

ETA: There I fixed it for you.
edit on 8/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:18 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22

Bah not true, they do if they're the hip choice. He's looked at as anti the man, that's more important than his age is. He's f-you to the powers that be.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   

The thing is, if he was passing laws, or pushing for laws that the vast majority of America agreed with, then it wouldn't matter who was president, dontcha think?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:24 PM
link   
a reply to: ~Lucidity

What has Obama done to change America?

Other than broaden the wealth gap and increase the national debt?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

How could he if the rest of the governments goal was to undermine him? He'd never get the laws worth passing to pass, and everything hh tries to push through will fail. In essence the best we get from him is an ineffective lame duck president who tries his best for us, but ultimate is powerless to do anything. The best he can do is veto the laws that would hurt us further. Which is something at least I suppose. Well that's assuming enough of a majority isn't gained to bypass his veto and undermine him.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   

He won't win just based on the fact that he is against firearms that do not include hunting for American citizens therefore the one most important amendment that Protects us as civilians goes against most believe for the American people as that said Bernie Sanders will not even get close to a presidential win.... Period.

A second joke like Obama will not happen twice in a row

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:30 PM
link   

If he wins and the bums in congress block him at every turn then in two years we start booting out all the bums.

I feel like I just insulted bums everywhere with that comparison.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
The guy will be 75 years old at the time of the next election, he's not going to make it through the nomination process. Old people don't get young votes.

Sure they do. Look at all the President's that have been voted in not all of them are kids after all the average age of them is 55 years old. Young people aren't as stupid as you think they listen to what the candidate is saying not how old he is.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   

I was speaking to your JFK point. Not getting into that crap and off topic debate with you.

ETA: I fixed my original post to clarify it for you.
edit on 8/1/2015 by ~Lucidity because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Oh you're talking about the gun thing. Using Bernie as a Trojan Horse for gun control, gotcha.

No.

Think about economics.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join