It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran calls for Israel's nuclear disarmament

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+11 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:07 PM
link   
Now that the agreement has been reached between Iran and world powers, Iran is calling for all nations to engage in Nuclear proliferation. Israel remains very opposed to it this even though Israel itself is reported to have somewhere around 80 warheads.

Israel has been the most vocal opponent of the deal. Its security cabinet has rejected the deal and the country’s officials have said they will not stop voicing their concerns.

Zarif, on the other hand, said on Friday that the deal is "symbolically significant enough" to "mark the beginning of a new era for the non-proliferation regime.”

Israel is widely believed to be the only owner of nuclear weapons in the Middle East, with about 80 warheads, according to the Federation of American Scientists. Israeli officials, however, have never publicly confirmed the existence of their nuclear arsenal.

Bruce Riedel, the director of the Intelligence Project at the Brookings Institution, contends in a column for Al-Monitor that Israel is the country that started the nuclear arms race in the region. “Some have argued the Vienna deal will start a nuclear arms race in the region,” he said. “In fact, a nuclear arms race has been underway in the Middle East for 65 years. Israel won it.”

Mr. Riedel asserts that Israel has a right to develop a nuclear arsenal since it has been at war since its birth. But, he said suggesting that Israel is an impotent defenseless country is not correct, adding that the country has been benefiting from “enormous amounts of American intelligence and military support.”

Israel does indeed have the right to protect itself but I think that Israel does need to come clean concerning its arsenal; Iran came to the table, why can't they? What does ATS think?

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:11 PM
link   
I think its fair.

This is going to be one hell of a dodge ball match.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:15 PM
link   
a reply to: lostbook

Here's hoping the Iranians hold their collective breath..............................

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

I say, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander," The US. has intentionally ignored Israel's nuclear capabilities.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Yep. Israel should sign the treaty and/or disarm. They're probably at least as dangerous as Iran as far as trigger happy goes, and more dangerous considering they actually have nukes. For some reason they always get a pass.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Ya I don't get why Israel gets to not follow the rules like everyone else.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:31 PM
link   
If Iran wants to negotiate with Israel, then both need to come to the table.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Israel can do what it feels like doing without fearing any consequences... They bombed the sh*t out of Palestine without any consequences... So why should they hand in their warheads if they can do whatever they wish? Israel pretends to be upset because of the deal the US made with Iran. I think it's all staged to show the world that Israel doesn't control the US... But in reality... nice try though

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeRpeons

I say, "What's good for the goose is good for the gander," The US. has intentionally ignored Israel's nuclear capabilities.

Exactly Israel has done nothing but whine about Iran's imaginary weapons program so they should face the same things Iran did until they come to an agreement like Iran.
America hasn't always ignored Israel nuclear weapons program. Kennedy was the last president to disagree with it he was against it so much that he was getting into arguments with France when they helped Israel start their program. Israel was so po'd about it that leaders in Israel was calling for Kennedy to be assassinated and what a coincidence he did get assassinated. After that no President dared to complain about their program.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:47 PM
link   
double post
edit on 1180000004531America/ChicagoSat, 01 Aug 2015 20:50:45 -05002010 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

You mean like the way they negotiate with Palestine? Israel comes in and makes their demands while giving nothing in return. Or when they do agree on something they break the agreement first chance they get?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Back in 1994 bill Clinton signed a nuclear arms deal with north korea, 12 years later they exploded a nuclear weapon.
But hey sure, trust iran.
Israel should tell iran to shove it where the monkey put the peanut.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Careful...that comedian dude is going to slam ATS again! Bwahaha.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   

originally posted by: Bluntone22
Back in 1994 bill Clinton signed a nuclear arms deal with north korea, 12 years later they exploded a nuclear weapon.
But hey sure, trust iran.
Israel should tell iran to shove it where the monkey put the peanut.

North Korea never signed the NPT Iran did and hasn't broken it yet.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think you raise a valid point, lostbook. However, I believe when you stated, “Iran is calling for all nations to engage in Nuclear proliferation”, what you really meant to say is, “Iran is calling for all nations to engage in Nuclear non-proliferation”. Correct me if I’m wrong.

At any rate, it points out the hypocrisy in all this. While Netenyahu and the U.S. Congress are apparently chomping at the bit to bomb the hell out of Iran and destroy it’s nuclear program, both of our countries are stocked to the teeth with WMD. I guess “Do as I say, not as I do” is the message to the rest of the world. And we sit around asking ourselves, “Why do they hate us so much?”

While I’m sure Zarif’s non-proliferation proposal will fall on deaf ears, it none-the-less most definately has merit. However, Netenyahu and the U.S. Congress are much too busy putting the finishing touches on a master war plan to consider such childish nonsense.

Go figure....

edit on 8/1/2015 by netbound because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: netbound
I think you raise a valid point, lostbook. However, I believe when you stated, “Iran is calling for all nations to engage in Nuclear proliferation”, what you really meant to say is, “Iran is calling for all nations to engage in Nuclear non-proliferation”. Correct me if I’m wrong.

You are exactly right. My bad. Thanks...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Bluntone22
Anyone that thinks that in this day and age it is difficult for a significant nation to gain access to specials needs to have their head examined. Pakistan is as po-dunk as you can get and they had no problems getting the stuff from China via their Chashma Nuclear Plant/processing center (of course only power plant published). I remember mid 90' being in D.I. Khan and being approached to buy some very sensitive material. You can get just about anything there and Peshawar so, if Iran wanted to have a special, they would have it.

Also Iran has already signed the NNPT and adhered to it; Israel has never. If you want to deny ignorance, stop looking at the reactions and start looking at the true historical aggressors - or - remain ignorant.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:43 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

You mean like the way they negotiate with Palestine? Israel comes in and makes their demands while giving nothing in return. Or when they do agree on something they break the agreement first chance they get?

They did come to the table and negotiated with Palestine once and gave them more land. I don't recall the random rockets stopping.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

They did come to the table and negotiated with Palestine once and gave them more land. I don't recall the random rockets stopping.

And how much of that land have they stolen back?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:01 PM
link   

I think Israel should Send All it's Nuclear Weapons to Iran by Air Mail .

<<   2  3  4 >>

join