It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PD In Mass Gave Higher Points To Candidates Who Pledged Not To Arrest Fellow Officers For DUI

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I find this pretty hard to believe, but here it is anyway.

An official at the Massachusetts Civil Service Commission found that the Methuen Police Department admitted that job applicants were given higher scores if they indicated that they would never arrest a fellow officer for drunk driving and other applicants were downgraded for saying that they would apply the law equally to all citizens — officers and non-officers alike.

Methuen Mayor said he plans to review the hiring practice.

Oh my, read more

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:26 PM
link   
a reply to: ugmold

Actually not surprising. It would be interesting if "public officials" were also included in their bias for "exemptions to the law".

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Puts "selective" enforcement and privilege in a new light.

Sounds familiar.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I find this pretty hard to believe, but here it is anyway.

An official at the Massachusetts Civil Service Commission found that the Methuen Police Department admitted that job applicants were given higher scores if they indicated that they would never arrest a fellow officer for drunk driving and other applicants were downgraded for saying that they would apply the law equally to all citizens — officers and non-officers alike.

Methuen Mayor said he plans to review the hiring practice.

Oh my, read more

Maybe if I click my Ruby Slippers 5X I will return to reality.

And I might save a couple of Munchkins in the process.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:49 PM
link   
You don't have to be a cop to get special treatment.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Actually not surprising. It would be interesting if "public officials" were also included in their bias for "exemptions to the law".
a reply to: infolurker

Right on with that statement! It also happens in the work place. It's happen at my place of work many of times. Principals and Administrators have been arrested for DUI's and other questionable activities yet keep their jobs. Teachers however, lose their jobs the next day. I'm sure this happens in other professions too!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:35 PM
link   
See there it is. The blue code.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Hey, every police officer who testified before the commission said it was routine and customary to not call in stops on fellow officers. So this makes that sort of thing ok, doesn't it? I mean, they're good cops, right? And if it's ok with THEM that cops are drunk or violate traffic laws, then it should be okey-dokey with EVERYONE.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Bedlam because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:13 AM
link   

originally posted by: ugmold
I find this pretty hard to believe

I don't in a minute.

I have police relatives. I know what they get away with.

new topics

top topics

join