It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An Open Letter to Canada

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Dear Canada,

I feel I must speak out. And, why not here. I just hope my fellow citizens will pass on my message to the wider country. My message will be simple, brief, and I hope, fair. No matter my personal bend,(bent?-whatever). I love my Canada. I even signed up as a soldier. This should defend me from anyone thinking I am anything but patriotic. But, I am our fiercest critic as well.

As you will become increasingly aware, we are having an election soon. I would ignore this if I could. I tried to ignore the headlines. But I have failed. I frankly, would stop caring completely. Utterly. Believe me. But, I can't. I must teach my 12 year old son about elections, and rights, and responsiblities. I didn't want to vote in a recent provincial election, but I did. I did it to teach my son. I struggled to find the means to get my butt to the polls and took him to show him what it was all about. I told him I had just cast a losing ballot and I was happy to do so. I won't give you guys and girls the whole lecture. Lucky you, unlucky him. But not really. He saw the wheels turning.

However, this election is already making me ill and it just started. I won't even point any fingers our freakin' cheerlead for anyone. The only person I like is me and you guys wouldn't want me as leader because it would soon be a dictatorship and I be a new Caeser. I would reverse 1812 and launch a surprise attack on America and take away their nukes and hide them... Boy, this isn't brief...

oops,. I want to teach my son about politics. But I can't. You politicians make me sick. I would have followed your orders and died if my country wanted, but at this point, I'm really tired of the mud. It's not mud. It is what I used to shovel on the farm. I once was a real farmer and I've stepped in many a cow chip. And let me rephrase and rethink my comparison. No, this stuff we sling in our stupid bickering is not manure. MANURE IS VALUABLE. It fertilized my plants and I am happy. I am happy with poop. The stuff I read is not even garbage. GARBAGE CAN BE RECYCLED. This is not even garbage. IT IS POLLUTION.

It's making me sick. It why this poor soul, who once was very happy to cast their first ballot at eighteen, (I saw a rainbow on leaving the polling station- I'm not lying- you can ask my mother- she was very happy, and she took my picture.- the story is much, much longer, but i claimed I'd be briefopps) I am being turn off politics. It is making me ill. I don't want to expose my son. What the heck? I wanted to swear. Are our politicians ever going to grow up. They are stuck in the 19th Century with their childish bickering. This is a new CENTURY. We need to grow and evolve. My son is growing up faster. STOP! STOP! STOP!

Stop telling my why the other persons running for office are poison for the country. I want to scream. This is not true. EVEN THE GUYS I DON'T VOTE FOR ARE EVIL. Stop it. Stop telling me about the other person. Tell me what you are going to do. And focus on what you will do after you get elected. I have been trying to teach my AUTISTIC son how to have positive thoughts. We have had a real struggle.

But, by comparison, my son is getting "it". Even though I am punishing him and not surrendering to his will. But I don't call him names. I don't act a fool and be a fool because my son will emulate me. I asked him if he understood what that meant. He did. You politicians apparently don't.

STOP STOP STOP

THE NEGATIVE.
or you'll turn off me, and the next generation....?

Thank you for your time Canada,
go aboot enjoying the rest of your summer,

Sincerely, one pissed off voter.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:38 PM
link   
Great post my friend, you are not alone with how you feel about whats going on in canada. Heres hoping more people wake up from there slumber.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Yeah this Americanized politics that has grown exponentially under the Cons is disgusting. Attack ad after attack ad. The Libs aren't much better. If you're looking for the positive only the NDP are not throwing mud:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:52 PM
link   
a reply to: intrepid

I know exactly what I said. In replying to your, "You said What?".

I mean every word. I said I wasn't pointing fingers. I did not say all parties and all people think alike. But, I am not a child. I have learned my history. I've also watched parliament. I've seen ever party point fingers at the other parties. Even Mr. Layton could give as good as he got and stand toe to toe with any foe. If the New Leader of the NDP understands that he must grow beyond negative politics, then he gets the message.

This doesn't mean I will necessarily I will vote NDP. But it does show that Mr. Mulcair is leading and not following. And there we agree he gets it. Let's hope he stays course.

Now, all parties need to adopt and agree to positive messages. If Mr. Mulcair is right and positive messaging is the way to go, then he may be our Prime Minister. I'm not going to object to any person who can see the "light".

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   
a reply to: ericblair4891

You actually think this is new?? Really?

Having lived out west, in the day, the nasty crap between the N.o D.own P.ayments and the So-creds was viscious.

The difference between then and now is the Social Media and the Web. It didn't exist in those days and people we less informed. (Not to mention far happier with their lot in life, busy fishing, hunting, all the pleasures a happier society bestowed).

Maybe it is worse, but it's as much exposure as anything else.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:24 PM
link   

The NDP and the Conservatives are the two sides of a Loonie.

The Liberals and the Greens are two kinds of seeds.

If you care about the Loonies, vote for one of the first two.
If you care about growing plants, vote for either one of the second two.

Sorry I can't be more help to you.

edit on 1/8/15 by masqua because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   
I voted once. My girlfriend insisted.

I had the inkling back then that politics were BS, I just didnt know the extent of it at that point and hadnt yet been exposed to Conspiracy land.
I feel so filthy admitting I voted for Harper.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Yes, this new fad of mud slinging against the other side is sickening... and quite frankly, embarrassing.

I'm ashamed of what our politicians have become in the public media.

My apologies to the rest of the planet for our politicians' infantile conduct and making complete asses of themselves.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   
a reply to: masqua

I hate to break it to you masqua but rutabagas have more common sense than the Liberals or Greenies.
As to the Dippers, they are so cute when they try to understand the meaning of fiscal responsibility.
Hold your nose and vote Conservative, you know you want to.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Cynic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:17 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
Hold your nose and vote Conservative, you know you want to.

As a conservative I have NO choice but to vote for my Conservative MP. Not for Harper. For the country and the party. Mike Chong. There's a guy you want in charge. Flipped Harper the Bird on the way out of caucus. Tired of conservative policy being dictated from Alberta. Apparently so was Mike.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Indeed. I wish Chong was our MP, but we still have a fine man in Albrecht.
As to Harper, I agree with Chong.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: Cynic
Indeed. I wish Chong was our MP, but we still have a fine man in Albrecht.
As to Harper, I agree with Chong.

There ARE some good ones. Lisa Raitt(sp) is from the next riding and I hear nothing but good things about her. My Mom's down in NS is not so respected. Imo Peter Mackay should be shot for treason.... to one's province.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:27 PM
link   
No argument there.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   
Well, if your mom doesn't like him, she should be pleased that MacKay announced back in May that he is not running in this election.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: erwalker
Well, if your mom doesn't like him, she should be pleased that MacKay announced back in May that he is not running in this election.

I've been in Ontario for 18 years and I want that traitor gone.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:03 PM
link   
Vote NDP?

Riiiight......

Do you want a fair and balanced government? Or...
Do you want a job?

Idealism doesn't mean squat on an empty stomach.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
Vote NDP?

Riiiight......

Do you want a fair and balanced government? Or...
Do you want a job?

Idealism doesn't mean squat on an empty stomach.

Your point? Aside from don't vote NDP.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:16 PM
link   
My point would be your answer to my question.

A retired government employee might see the NDP as a saving grace. The rest of us who still have a long way to go... Have you heard of "capital flight"? The NDP and/or an idealistic Liberal leader will introduce you if you have not already met.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: MALBOSIA
My point would be your answer to my question.

A retired government employee might see the NDP as a saving grace. The rest of us who still have a long way to go... Have you heard of "capital flight"? The NDP and/or an idealistic Liberal leader will introduce you if you have not already met.

Can you can the BS and say what you want to? I'm not responding to "whatever".

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:34 PM
link   

But you are responding. And with nothing more than "whatever"

I asked a simple question AND I gave my basis to that question.

We had an NDP government here in B.C in the 90's. That will never happen again. I don't know a Liberal that can stand Christy Clark but that doesn't mean they would be foolish enough to vote NDP and watch everything we built in the last 20 years disappear overnight.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join