It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Wolfenz

Well.. it was a Slave State Right .. LOL before and during the War..

What side of the Civil war was Texas was on ?

Ohh that's right The State Supplied the Confederates.. with soldiers & horses ..

Ohh WIKI woooh ( LOL )

And what does ANY of that have any bearing on today's world?

Equating what Texas was how long ago? to what it is today?

Thats like saying "Well the state you live in use to massacre indians, so they must hate all indians there"

Logic fail...

The rest of your post is a nonsensical rant that I cant make heads or tails of

And what does ANY of that have any bearing on todays world?

LOL Seriously ? Texas want a Church and State Combination ! ( I gave that Evidence )

Slavery ! well not as in Chained or Wippens! Own Like Property like Slavery ! NO SIR!

but more likely a Threat of Cut Offs and be Sanctioned of certain benefits , if you dont comply!
like workers in China for example! as a Red State Conservatives , make the low middle class, a 3rd class citizen.
more likely segregation too.

ohh wait hold on ! let me look .. Oh Ya wasn't there Segregation ( Jim CROW LAW ) in Texas right up till the late 60s with African American and Mexican Americans ?

hmm what this ? Man in the Mask ? Holy Crap!

Segregation is making a comeback in Texas, other US schools
By JESSE J. HOLLAND and KIMBERLY HEFLING, Associated Press
Published 8:00 am, Thursday, May 15, 2014
www.beaumontenterprise.com...

Map: Did Texas tax credits reinforce segregation?
By Jayme Fraser
July 3, 2015 Updated: July 6, 2015 2:37pm
www.houstonchronicle.com...

Thats like saying "Well the state you live in use to massacre indians, so they must hate all indians there" Logic fail...

FAIL?

I guess you don't known much of History do you!

I said over 250 years of resistance and conflicts ! were I from From Native Americans ( Mohawks ) and Non Natives
Well Both Sides Did ! Massacre from both Sides Canada and the USA ..

Deaths Caused by Diseases Among the Native Americans in the 18th Century
classroom.synonym.com...

^^ from the Location where I am from is what they are talking about ! ^^

go ask some Non Natives near Quebec , Montreal, Ontario, Plattsburg, Franklin County in New York
how much the Love and the Likes of the Iroquois Mohawks
and see what the majority will say !
and you say Fail ?? it wasn't a Fail 50 years ago in your State was it ?

I think you know for sure what going on in South Carolina in the last couple of weeks Right ?

and if the STATE of Texas become the Republic of Texas a Sovereign Land .. ?

there would be No Federal Rights nor Civilian Protection of those rights .. No USA Constitution
I would think Right?

I understand Hostility , Resistance, Standing up what you Believe in and Minority Struggle, Racial Issues
been around it all my life .. its even worse if your Mixed! and wanting to be a your Own Sovereign Nation

Just like Akwasasne Reservation and other Reservation's around it
wanting Sovereignty in the last 200 years .. and still trying to get it

just like French Canadians Trying ( Montreal to Quebec ) to be a Sovereign Nation for decades
and the Commonwealth wont budge .Just Like Northern Ireland and Scotland trying to do the Same ..
Resisting Since Oliver Cromwell the 17th century ( 1600s )

for nonsensical rant's ?

hey its not my fault that you woun't research .. know your history.

Im not going to hand you a history lessen ..
i just provided some links your on your OWN !

if you don't and really want to know to understand something
Message me .. inbox ( Not here )

I dont want to derail this thread more then it already is ..
just want tobe on topic
edit on 02015SundayfAmerica/Chicago8213 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

LoL no were not going anywhere thats for sure, Id like to see the US get its crap together more then us secede, If we were too, and it were to become this great thing for Texas, Id feel kinda bad for everyone left behind in the Craphole that the gov turned it into

I can understand your sentiments because the US is your nation.
For me, my nation is the UK and we have sleep walked into a pseudo superstate which is the EU through various treaties over the years.
I'm hoping the 'out' vote wins the day in our referendum next year, and if we do leave, you could always consider a free trade agreement with us, we'll buy your oil, you can get preferential access to our financial sector market?
We've got a seat on the Security Council, we'd both have seats in the World Trade Organisation, we could kick arse!

Yep, go for it I say.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:44 AM
link   
dam double post again lol !

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

yes, thats it ......oil.........forget what was posted JUST after your post, or on the last few pages....... everyone wants Spoon fed information, half the problem with this country

Better to be spoon fed then not fed at all. And to be honest I responded to the OP first, not your opinions.

Recent history shows that an introverted economy doesn't work, if at all.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   

When the south left the union they kept the constitution as it was currently set up so why dont this follow how a modern version of this would go?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:30 PM
link   

originally posted by: yuppa

When the south left the union they kept the constitution as it was currently set up so why dont this follow how a modern version of this would go?

With a Little change here and there Orwellian Animal Farm Style you mean

so not really, there is some differance!

Constitution of the Confederate States; March 11, 1861
avalon.law.yale.edu...

Major Differences Between the Union & Confederate Governments
classroom.synonym.com...

who know what will follow, until its Written ..
as for the links i have provided in previous post on this thread !

as like Segregation , church and state into all in one ..
TWO BIG example's what Texas would want to have .

The Turn Own would be The Stereotypical Conservative Republican Red State
ah.. im mean Red Nation in all its Glory !

Segregation like the old days , just with other minority's
and low to low middle class , Religion of Jesus Teaching in every class room
it would be just like Sunday school everyday
Jesus Camp in the Summer would be a mandated and a Requirement and would be LAW !
and More likely Survival Camp conventions for the Adults in the Summer .

Hell it would be children of the corn with #ing adults running the show
within the Republic of Texas

yeah just maybe im getting a little extreme.

my Fear ! LOL Children of the Corn with adults !

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   

lol none of this has ANY relevance to what texas is today.......lol none of it......

Whatever your hate or discontent for texas is, is nothing more than a ton of stereotypes....

Wow.......youre worse then what you claim any Texans to be lol

edit on 8/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

LoL no were not going anywhere thats for sure, Id like to see the US get its crap together more then us secede, If we were too, and it were to become this great thing for Texas, Id feel kinda bad for everyone left behind in the Craphole that the gov turned it into

I can understand your sentiments because the US is your nation.
For me, my nation is the UK and we have sleep walked into a pseudo superstate which is the EU through various treaties over the years.
I'm hoping the 'out' vote wins the day in our referendum next year, and if we do leave, you could always consider a free trade agreement with us, we'll buy your oil, you can get preferential access to our financial sector market?
We've got a seat on the Security Council, we'd both have seats in the World Trade Organisation, we could kick arse!

Yep, go for it I say.

spot on with you on that brother! And I agree, Ive been to Australia quite a bit, flying over sure does remind me a lot of Texas!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:36 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

yes, thats it ......oil.........forget what was posted JUST after your post, or on the last few pages....... everyone wants Spoon fed information, half the problem with this country

Better to be spoon fed then not fed at all. And to be honest I responded to the OP first, not your opinions.

Recent history shows that an introverted economy doesn't work, if at all.

Ill reference the Forbes article again

For the last time

Ill take the insight of some professionals, rather then armchair economists from ATS any day

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:44 PM
link   

lol none of this has ANY relevance to what texas is today.......lol none of it......

Whatever your hate or discontent for texas is, is nothing more than a ton of stereotypes....

Wow.......youre worse then what you claim any Texans to be lol

NONE OF IT ??????! are you man behind the mask #ing serious !

read those links i Posted !! they are from 2014, 2015!! not 1968!

and most of them are from texas websites!! and one of them is just from last month!! july 6th to be exact!

for segragation , for church and state

typical, refusing read a link ..

Hell NO!! ohh boy !

If You Liked Jesus Camp, You'll Love TX Gov. Perry's Prayer Rally Led by Radical Christian Youth Ministries

in News July 6, 2011
www.goddiscussion.com...

Texas Governor Rick Perry has teamed up with the American Family Association and the International House of Prayer to organize a prayer rally known as "The Response" on August 6 at the Houston Reliant Stadium. Right Wing Watch has documented the extremist views of these religious organizations. Perry himself claimed that the nation's economic woes are part of God's plan to return America to biblical values.

must be a satire site right ?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:47 PM
link   

spot on with you on that brother! And I agree, Ive been to Australia quite a bit, flying over sure does remind me a lot of Texas!
Now you mention Australia, I've got to say there are calls in political circles for the UK to work towards closer working arrangements between the English speaking nations if/when we leave the EU.
Let's see, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, and an independent Texas, sounds a plan!

...the hate for Texas is strong in this thread from fellow US citizens though, do y'all eat babies or something? lol

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:52 PM
link   
a reply to: Semicollegiate
But that is exactly what they did. The original 13 colonies came together, first under the Articles of Confederation, then sat down and created the Constitution of the United States, that replaced the Articles of Confederation. And during that time, the question of slavery was brought up and simmered on the back burner for years, until that one war, the one that divided family, setting brother against brother, the US. Civil War. And after that war was fought and won, the end result was that the US would be one nation, and states can not just merely come and go at will.

This country, has endured so much, we have seen the blessings of the highest degree and the depths of depravity of such. And as much as people seem to think that Texas is going to leave the Union, the reality is that it neither has the legal standing or the basis for doing such. If it was wanting to leave the union so much, then why send senators and reps to DC? Why would any person who was from Texas, decide to run and become President of the United States? When there is talk and rounds of cutting and shutting down of US military bases around the country, why does Texas not volunteer and have all of those in the state shut down?

While Texas does contribute to the United States, it is equally dependent on the country at large to support it when things go bad, or very bad. One would think that if it was wanting to break away, it would seek to get the support of the international community and other nations that could give Texas the backing it would need to not only break away but also stand on its own. There are quite a few countries out there that have both the backing and the will to do such, yet funny how they are not in the state and talking to the people who Govern. Funny how people in Texas still run for office on a federal level and how at least 2 people from the state of Texas are running to be President of the United States of America.

Then there is one final piece that many people fail to consider, when talking about this: The will of the people. There are close to 27 million people in the State of Texas, and those who want to have the state leave the United states is not of a number to warrant it being able to do such with any degree of success. As long as the majority of the people want to remain as citizens of the United States of America, the state will remain in the union.

Course there are other issues that are never addressed or considered. One being that the resources are not there, or even if the state is prepared to take on, from its first day, part of the debt that would go with it.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Not really, considering that the military hardware is produced all over the USA. And I did not forget such, on the contrary that was taken into consideration of such. While yes Texas has a large production as part of the Military industrial complex, at the same time, who is going to really know how to use such? It takes months, if not years to be able to work such equipment with any sort of proficiency. So yes they may have built the military aircraft here in Texas, but the training for use of such is done else where. The same goes for many of the other military hardware and other items. And do you honestly think that if Texas was to leave the United States that there would be any real weapons grade nuclear material left in the area? The US military would remove said material from the area and then where is Texas then?

And the shipyards, well there are other states that have military shipyards that are in operation and can easily ramp up to full production and use if need be. And there is one small detail that you mentioned:

The US government knows where all of these facilities are, and can simply if it got into a hostile war, destroy them, and where would Texas be? Apart from one area that would be a 50 to 60 mile dead zone?

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:08 PM
link   

lol ok?

Sorry not gonna feed!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: sdcigarpig
Not really, considering that the military hardware is produced all over the USA. And I did not forget such, on the contrary that was taken into consideration of such. While yes Texas has a large production as part of the Military industrial complex, at the same time, who is going to really know how to use such? It takes months, if not years to be able to work such equipment with any sort of proficiency. So yes they may have built the military aircraft here in Texas, but the training for use of such is done else where. The same goes for many of the other military hardware and other items. And do you honestly think that if Texas was to leave the United States that there would be any real weapons grade nuclear material left in the area? The US military would remove said material from the area and then where is Texas then?

And the shipyards, well there are other states that have military shipyards that are in operation and can easily ramp up to full production and use if need be. And there is one small detail that you mentioned:

The US government knows where all of these facilities are, and can simply if it got into a hostile war, destroy them, and where would Texas be? Apart from one area that would be a 50 to 60 mile dead zone?

Whose going to know how to use it?

Oh I dunno, how many bases are here in Texas that use the equipment?

LoL there are tons of military personnel here in Texas, you think no one knows how to use it?

That just doesnt make any sense

They arent foolish enough to do that, besides that fact what would the benefit be for them to do that?

And then risk retaliation from other countries for attacking a sovereign nation unwarranted?

Not to mention, we have plenty of firepower here too! You dont think they know that? There are missle silos and even nukes all over the state of Texas....

Military action doesnt happen like you suppose........

Seems people have this weird delusion that Texas becomes its own entity and then bombs start flying.....

Thats not even in the realm of reality
edit on 8/2/2015 by ManBehindTheMask because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: grainofsand

Now you mention Australia, I've got to say there are calls in political circles for the UK to work towards closer working arrangements between the English speaking nations if/when we leave the EU.
Let's see, Canada, Australia, New Zealand, UK, and an independent Texas, sounds a plan!

...the hate for Texas is strong in this thread from fellow US citizens though, do y'all eat babies or something? lol

That would be a pretty interesting alliance would it not?

ANd yeah umm.......im not sure why all the Hate all the sudden for Texas.......its been pages and pages worth of bitter , vitriolic, bigotry for some reason.....

Makes no sense

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:23 PM
link   
You know what's really pathetic about this whole secession thing? Someone earlier pointed out that the 81,000 signatures only constitutes .3% (three tenths of one percent) of the total population of Texas.

I believe those .3% are mostly right wing extremists and nut jobs. Why should that few people have a say in having the entire state of Texas secede? It sure as hell wouldn't be fair to the 99.7% of the rest of Texas.

It's always the extremists that have the biggest mouths. As far as I'm concerned, they are traitors to this country and should be put in prison. It seems most of them hail from Texas. That's sad, because otherwise Texas is a wonderful state with terrific people. I have been there a number of times and seen this. The majority are awesome. It's just that very miniscule percentage that ruin it for all the good people.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:42 PM
link   

No, it's just people responding to the pointless bluster that Texan's are so apt to spew.

Texas could survive on it's own but it would not be a very rich nation. Texas is one of the largest welfare states in the US returning much less money than is put into it, is at the bottom in education, and is heavily subsidized. 33% of the states budget comes from federal aid, and a large portion of what has made Texas "successful" being it's low tax environment is only possible because of that federal aid. On top of that is the border issue, Texas currently pays nothing to guard the border and if it were to secede there's a lot of border to guard, plus the military which Texas pays very little towards right now.

Secession would financially devastate Texas.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
So much FUD in a single thread.

Texas wants it's rights back - period.

The border, welfare and the TSA are all federal programs - if Texas succeeded I think they would drive out people that don't want to be there and contribute, I don't find people in Texas to be anti black just anti slum, anti crook. The black people that aspire to be hood would not have a future in an independent Texas.

There biggest opponents often come from New York a place with some of the most expensive, smallest and most pointless living conditions without access to a yard or even sky for their children and little to no contact with there neighbors - it's easy to be bitter about anything living like that.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 03:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: circuitsports
So much FUD in a single thread.

Texas wants it's rights back - period.

The border, welfare and the TSA are all federal programs - if Texas succeeded I think they would drive out people that don't want to be there and contribute, I don't find people in Texas to be anti black just anti slum, anti crook. The black people that aspire to be hood would not have a future in an independent Texas.

There biggest opponents often come from New York a place with some of the most expensive, smallest and most pointless living conditions without access to a yard or even sky for their children and little to no contact with there neighbors - it's easy to be bitter about anything living like that.

If Texas ever tried to leave the USA it would be over for Texas, USA would never let go. Due to the war that would ensue Texas would be much worse than any ghetto, just ruins of a once thriving economy. . . .

new topics

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join