It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Texas will Secede from the Union, 81,000 signatures!

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Wolfenz

ince originaly Texas was only a State by a Treaty
and the only one by Treaty ( originally ) reason being it once was called the Lone Star State

Might as well be Independent ! a Nation within !

They can Deal with Mexico..

Make there own laws , Bring back Slavery!
( Virgina, North & South Carolina
Louisiana Alabama Mississippi would Love that )

Combine Church & State ( Ohio would Love that )

yes cause everyone in Texas wants slavery.....

ANd yes combine church and state because we dont like the constitution?

Actually the Constitution and the violation there of, is the exact reason why some people would like to secede

but nice rant full of hostility!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This story is from 2012.
It even says in the article, "According to Politico, the leader of the Texas secession movement said the president's reelection last week "

Why are ya'll making a big fuss about this now?

Did nobody actually read the article!?
edit on 8/1/2015 by TheLegend because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: buster2010

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask

originally posted by: Terminal1

originally posted by: Violater1
This is an updated story from earlier in The Huff Post and is dated today Aug 01, 2015. I had earlier this morning found this story in an AOL link, but it has now disappeared.
Texas Nationalist Movement has a petition for Texas secession an now qualifies for a response from the White House. www.huffingtonpost.com...< br /> The The Texas petition reads:

"Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's (sic) citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

I wonder what Texas would do with the 15 military posts and the economies that go with them?
I know Ft. Hood and Ft. Bliss are large. Not mentioning the airfields and armor?
If Texas were to break... would they have to give those up or would it be considered seizure...
Just curious....

IMHO US troops would probably leave and we would re purpose the bases to be used by our own military......

They would take whats theirs or negotiate for what to keep , and then we would continue to build our own equipment and deliver to bases that were formerly US military bases

If the bases are left intact. Don't forget about Obama's drone fetish and it would be good target practice to level a real base.

True however I dont think that drone strikes would be a result.......

What would be the point? that would just push more States to do the same, if the US came out as such a tyrant ......

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: muse7
For as patriotic as conservatives claim they are..they are the ones that keep actively trying to break up the U.S and what our founding fathers died for...

Shame shame

You never addressed your former comments.......you just keep coming and sniping and not responding to your logical fallacies.......

Another.......

Some would say decided to leave a country that does not uphold its own constitution is pretty damn patriotic......

Again.......

Those who left Britain because of its oppression were considered patriots......

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:21 PM
link   
a reply to: StoneFace

Thanks for the line breaks, now see ... don't you feel better?

Nope, my point was that your rambling, data-less critique of what you didn't like about the thread was meaningless. As is your more well-formatted version of same.

I understand fine, I just don't agree with you.

You yourself STATED that what you said was THE TRUTH. Do you wish to retract that?

Thanks for your critique. When you get the logs out of your eyes, I'll listen to your advice about the dust in mine.

But this more readable version is at least a good start in that direction! Now, show some evidence.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:23 PM
link   
I`m pretty sure Texas tried the being their own country thing before and it didn`t work out so well for them that`s why they decided to join the union and become a state.if they want to try it again I say let em go with the stipulation that they can never rejoin the union even when Mexico attacks them and annex`s them as a part of the great republic of mexico.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Tardacus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: Violater1
This is an updated story from earlier in The Huff Post and is dated today Aug 01, 2015. I had earlier this morning found this story in an AOL link, but it has now disappeared.
Texas Nationalist Movement has a petition for Texas secession an now qualifies for a response from the White House. www.huffingtonpost.com...< br /> The The Texas petition reads:

"Given that the state of Texas maintains a balanced budget and is the 15th largest economy in the world, it is practically feasible for Texas to withdraw from the union, and to do so would protect it's (sic) citizens' standard of living and re-secure their rights and liberties in accordance with the original ideas and beliefs of our founding fathers which are no longer being reflected by the federal government."

I live in Texas, and totally agree.

We dont need an ANTI CHRIST as president, shoving gay marriage down our throats. Wheres States Rights!

GOODBYE AND GOOD RIDDANCE TO DC, THE DISTRICT OF CORRUPTION

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Tardacus

I`m pretty sure Texas tried the being their own country thing before and it didn`t work out so well for them that`s why they decided to join the union and become a state.if they want to try it again I say let em go with the stipulation that they can never rejoin the union even when Mexico attacks them and annex`s them as a part of the great republic of mexico.

It's funny you'd say that considering the Texas economy is technically larger than Mexico's and they can't even control the area inside their own borders effectively...

Source (and actually, it turns out that after the fact check was done...if Texas was a country it'd actually be 14th in the world, not 15th):

www.politifact.com...

Just a little smaller than Australia...but you guys go ahead & keep on saying there's no way Texas would make it

edit on 1-8-2015 by coldkidc because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:21 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Thanks for the reply and for your other information about the borders of Texas during their time of independence. Interesting info and I am sure some found it useful.

I do like these line breaks, I feel so free, all this room to type so liberating... I love your suggestion on using them, life will never be the same for me, your thoughtfulness - sharing of this valuable insight has nearly brought me to tears.

I retract nothing about the truth, nobody is responsible for your failure but you, and for that it saddens me. Knowing that a fellow American who has gone through the wonderful schooling offered throughout the republic is having such difficulty understanding that in order to reply to a message, one must first read the message (see the Forbes article discussion originally brought up previously in the thread)... Appears you may have checked it out at a later point in the discussion... this brings me back to the issue at hand, the pure sadness that your inability to understand the truth of what was said.

My original posting was not directed at anyone specific, it was something I noticed, brought up, an observation. You can disagree all you want and get your feathers ruffled.
The topic is/was Texas Seceding from the Union and others posting clearly hateful useless remarks instead of bring some useful information. You have brought some good info to the table, some good stuff imo. However others were carelessly insulting and generalizing the State of Texas. The evidence you so desperately feel is needed is there, you just need to read the first half of the thread, perhaps what I said wasn't clear earlier (being serious here) at times I am not clear and or direct enough, if so, then my bad.

Done for now,.. I will however look forward to your next post with great eagerness.

another line break for Texas, she will not leave the union, she will take the union.... or not, doesn't matter, above our pay scale ya know.
It would just be nice if instead of these sign some petition on the internet for this and that reason stuff, People got together, worked together, came to an understanding and a peaceful conclusion, if possible. Its like getting a divorce because of something stupid. Cutting off your nose to spite your face as they say.

Can we Private Message each other (PM) on here? Seems like we can... don't really go into that much. Anyway, send me a note (if possible) to discuss further as it is getting off topic a bit.

Have a pleasant day.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Violater1

Once secession is in effect, Texas can then call itself Northern Australia and we can become good buddies and hit it every weekend - after all we share similar populations, similar natural resources, similar love for BBQ and beer - you can teach us how to shoot guns and we can teach you how to play sport and win.

Australia is also trying to secede from the Poms but they just won't let us go, we are trying to become a republic, year after year we vote in referendums and polls and stuff, and still we are union jacked.

AND, and, to pour salt on the wound, even some Aussies want to hang out in the past and maintain their heritage of being kicked out of pommy-land for stealing bread and food to feed their families and consequently branded "convicts".

Just like the US government eventually getting your guns in the near future, all Texans serious about secession should just keep bringing it up everytime Texas is dissed by the federal government - be relentless and border-line obsessive compulsive about needing secession to protect the State against terrorist Fed. You'll eventually be granted your secession - then you can be called Northern Australia, or NA for short.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Sublimecraft because: OR, or you could call yourself "TEXRALIA, oi, oi, oi"

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: ManBehindTheMask
a reply to: Wolfenz

since originaly Texas was only a State by a Treaty
and the only one by Treaty ( originally ) reason being it once was called the Lone Star State

Might as well be Independent ! a Nation within !

They can Deal with Mexico..

Make there own laws , Bring back Slavery!
( Virgina, North & South Carolina
Louisiana Alabama Mississippi would Love that )

Combine Church & State ( Ohio would Love that )

yes cause everyone in Texas wants slavery.....

ANd yes combine church and state because we dont like the constitution?

Actually the Constitution and the violation there of, is the exact reason why some people would like to secede

but nice rant full of hostility!

Well.. it was a Slave State Right .. LOL before and during the War..

What side of the Civil war was Texas was on ?

Ohh that's right The State Supplied the Confederates.. with soldiers & horses ..

Ohh WIKI woooh ( LOL )

We hold as undeniable truths that the governments of the various States, and of the confederacy itself, were established exclusively by the white race, for themselves and their posterity; that the African race had no agency in their establishment; that they were rightfully held and regarded as an inferior and dependent race, and in that condition only could their existence in this country be rendered beneficial or tolerable.
—Texas Secession Convention (February 1861), "A Declaration of the Causes which Impel the State of Texas to Secede from the Federal Union"

At this time, blacks comprised 30 percent of the state's population, and they were overwhelmingly enslaved.

en.wikipedia.org...

ANd yes combine church and state because we dont like the constitution

well.. is Texas a Red State or a Blue State .. how much baptist are there in Texas ..

OK OK

LIST ....

Texas a battleground for church and state issues
www.statesman.com...

Texas School Board Fights Church-State Separation

by Brian Thevenot May 20, 2010
www.texastribune.org...

Texas State Sen. Charles Perry Says Separation Of Church And State Is Like The Holocaust

Read more at: www.forwardprogressives.com...

I could go on and on with this !! but i wont ..

Full of Hostility ! Why Thank you , ManintheMask

when a State try's to control people with Rule's from a Religious Book ..
in a population of ((( PUBLIC )))), Schools , Camps , Recreation, Events, Courts,

I tend to have a Problem with that ..

For PRIVATE School , Camps Recreations, Events, Courts

I Dont have a problem..

So I take that a Voice of Concern to you is Hostel ?

you Feel Threatened ? or Offended ,

Hey you want to talk about Hostel ...

Come where Im from ..

a Land, Bordered between 2 nations

Fighting for Sovereignty

having Resistance between both Nations Canada and the USA for over 250 years !

The US has Eased but not Canada ..

Kanehsatake: 270 Years of Resistance

Alanis Obomsawin, 1993, 119 min 15 s

Synopsis
Point Of View
Education

On a July day in 1990, a confrontation propelled Native issues in Kanehsatake and the village of Oka, Quebec, into the international spotlight. Director Alanis Obomsawin spent 78 nerve-wracking days and nights filming the armed stand-off between the Mohawks, the Quebec police and the Canadian army. This powerful documentary takes you right into the action of an age-old Aboriginal struggle. The result is a portrait of the people behind the barricades.
This film contains scenes of violence. Viewer discretion is advised.
embed
Credits

www.nfb.ca...

one of the major conflicts !
oka crisis ! when a Mohawk Reservation refused to stand Down for Months A reservation against the Canadian National Guards

( Cause )
when canadians ( French ) were going to make a dam golf Course on Mohawk Burial Ground !

Oka Crisis
en.wikipedia.org...

when this Happened i was in the Marines serving my Country

found out by a former Marine in my platoon that had a Soldier of Fortune Magazine that had it on the front cover !
my parents later told me about it ! ... and if i wasn't i would of joined in! even though i lived on the American Side
which many on the American side joined in the fight , even non Mohawk's !

edit on 62015SaturdayfAmerica/Chicago8212 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Texas would be a very poor nation. The big problem for Texas is it a large part of it economy depends on the Federal Government. For evey $1 dollar of Federal aid that goes in to Texas it only pays out 79 cents, 33 % of its state budget comes from Federal aid and 10 out of every 1000 people work for the Federal Government. States most and least dependent on Federal Government and Texas has an education problem no ranked at 39th out of the 50 states Texas ranks 39th Texas has a $209 billion budget, the US spends 14 billion a year on border security of which a large percentage is used in Texas. Texas would have to absorb not only securing the Southern Border but no borders with all other states that surround it. You would also assume Texas would want at least a small cheap military say on par with lowest defense budget in the the EU with no heavy arms or fighter aircraft. Say 9000 men, a few patrol boats and a dozen helicopters that is still an annual military budget of a couple of billion a year. And lets face it Texas would not settle for being weaker than any nation in Europe.

So you cut away 33% of Texas budget, cut hundreds of thousands of federal jobs, pull out the border patrol and US military and you have state that will see its income slashed and its need to spend massively increase. From needing its own treasury, state department, border patrol, and a military. Texas became a US state because it was mired in dept. a new Texas would have the same problem. Way to much of its economy depends on the Federal Government.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:06 AM
link   

originally posted by: zazzafrazz

IM sorry but that is irrelevant to todays Armed might of the United States.

I remember America's armed might when we beat North Korea. Oh, wait that never ended.

Well, what about our armed might when we kicked the crap out of the North Vietnamese. Oh, we actually lost that war.

Ok, we definitely won the wars in Iraq and Afghanistan though. But then why are Americans still dying over there?

Armed might don't mean squat when you're fighting guerillas. Besides you think Americans are going to go marching onto Texas looking for a fight. Not a chance sonny.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:14 AM
link   

In the near-future sci-fi film - "Edge of Tomorrow", Pvt. William Cage asks Sgt. Farell if he's an American, Sgt. Farell responds with "No Sir, I'm from Kentucky".

Lots of random prophecies in films, I tell you!

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Quebec need a country first!

Texas and USA/Canada would still be too close culturally.

On the economic side, they could be viable, just like Quebec. They will control their taxs and "impôt" so they will balance it out!

North-America should be more separate country and make a "North-America Union"

With like "Canada"/Quebec/USA/Texas

Using a North-American money, but all gouvernement would do what they want ( Like Quebec will be Neutral in all wars ( except a World War ) ) So we dont lose money there

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   
a reply to: MrSpad

Maybe they'll join the EU.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:03 AM
link   
Texas needs the strong leadership of a kenyan born Indonesian illegimate gay non American. They cannot survive without his guidence. They need the fiat monetary system to exist. They must cower down and bow to the king just as Obamakins bowed to the Muslim King........... Bow now brown cow. Its the PC thing to do

edit on 2-8-2015 by visitedbythem because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:34 AM
link   
This is interesting considering I created a thread a few months ago that said texas will secede from the union if they legalize gay marriage.

Everyone made fun of me and trash talked me! Off to find the thread.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: stellawayten
This is interesting considering I created a thread a few months ago that said texas will secede from the union if they legalize gay marriage.

Everyone made fun of me and trash talked me! Off to find the thread.

And here it is...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 01:46 AM
link   
a reply to: ManBehindTheMask

Man, I just want to say that I appreciate pretty much all of your posts here. People are going insane lately, especially regarding things which throw the slavery issue around. Are these people serious that they think an entire state wants such a thing to exist? Like they REALLY think some people are sitting there thinking to themselves "AHA, I would LOVE to have a slave, particularly a BLACK ONE!" ??? Pure nonsense insanity.

People are only thinking this way because the MEDIA has allowed it and encouraged it to cause more division than we have ever seen. The same media who thinks it's ok to paint a state like Texas as uniformly racist and a whole other barrage of things.

Your posts are a cool drink of water and it's nice to see common sense now and again. I'm almost afraid theses days to say anything contrary to liberal media opinions, so kudos to you for keeping up the good fight! Love your posts!

edit on 2-8-2015 by Wookiep because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join