It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Haile Selassie The First

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

originally posted by: JahRastafari
This is a simple misunderstanding.

God made flesh is still a supernatural creator.

That's incorrect and unscientific.

For Ethiopia to be occupied by the modern army of Rome for 5 years in WWII takes nothing away from His divinity.

"It does to any unbiased observer."

edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
a reply to: JahRastafari

Thanks for the response.

1. I wasn't aware that there was that much division in Rastafarianism. I've studied Garvey in the context of the American civil rights movement, the "back to Africa movement", and the formation of the FBI (and Hoover's hatred of him). But I wasn't sure about his dealings w/various Rastafarian sects. Why did he reject Selassie? I know there was a Rastafarian community that moved to Ethiopia during his reign. Was it related to that?

2. Yeah, I'm aware of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the Solomonic Dynasty's connections to King Solomon through Menelik I. But I don't know the connection Rastafarians have to the Ethiopian Christian Church. I think that's the part that confuses me. Or maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

Maybe it's just a common belief in ancestry to the original Israelites. I know some African American communities that have hidden teachings that connect them to these same groups, as well. Particularly, the Black Hebrews and some localized Masonic groups (one branch of my family tree has deep connections into them).

3. Hmm, I wasn't aware that some didn't follow the Bible at all. Is there a separate scripture those follow? Don't get me wrong, I don't think someone has to follow any specific scripture to become a better person. I was just wondering what they follow. Like, is there a set of core beliefs, writings, or speeches they follow?

I might log off in a little while, but I'll keep checking this thread when I log back in. Thanks for the info.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Now back to the Gospel:

Give thanks.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:57 PM
link   

No, a supernatural god incarnating in human form still started out in supernatural form.

There is no scientific or logical proof of Selassie the man doing anything other than saying some interesting words.

He was not powerful enought to keep a foreign army from invading his country. How is that almighty?

edit on 1-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant

Thanks for the response.

1. I wasn't aware that there was that much division in Rastafarianism. I've studied Garvey in the context of the American civil rights movement, the "back to Africa movement", and the formation of the FBI (and Hoover's hatred of him). But I wasn't sure about his dealings w/various Rastafarian sects. Why did he reject Selassie? I know there was a Rastafarian community that moved to Ethiopia during his reign. Was it related to that?

2. Yeah, I'm aware of the Ethiopian Orthodox Church and the Solomonic Dynasty's connections to King Solomon through Menelik I. But I don't know the connection Rastafarians have to the Ethiopian Christian Church. I think that's the part that confuses me. Or maybe I'm thinking too much into it.

Maybe it's just a common belief in ancestry to the original Israelites. I know some African American communities that have hidden teachings that connect them to these same groups, as well. Particularly, the Black Hebrews and some localized Masonic groups (one branch of my family tree has deep connections into them).

3. Hmm, I wasn't aware that some didn't follow the Bible at all. Is there a separate scripture those follow? Don't get me wrong, I don't think someone has to follow any specific scripture to become a better person. I was just wondering what they follow. Like, is there a set of core beliefs, writings, or speeches they follow?

I might log off in a little while, but I'll keep checking this thread when I log back in. Thanks for the info.

1. Some Rastafarians denominations are even black supremacists. Marcus Garvey was good man, but he's also a false prophet. Some Rastas repatriated back to Ethiopia after His Majesty offered them land in Shashamane. His Majesty had a historic visit of Jamaica in 1966 which i suggest you research because it was well documented with video footage.

2. Rastafarianism originated from the teachings of the Freemason Leonard Howell (he's commonly labled as the very first Rasta). Rastafarians believe that His Majesty is the reincarnation of Jesus Christ; Christ in his "Kingly Character" which contradicts in the Bible (Revelaion 5). Anyways the movement grew, also reggae music which was promoted by Mortimer Planno as the way to spread the message, then Bob Marley's international success spread it far and wide... His Majesty sent an Abuna (patriarch) to Jamaica so that both faiths could learn from each other, Orthodox churches were established and many Rastas converted to Christianity including Bob Marley.

3. There's a book called the Kebra Nagast (Glory of the Kings) that most read.

Thanks for your posts, blessed be Allah Emperor Haile Selassie The First Jah Rastafari Almighty God.

*We could go more in depth, but I have to go to work so check back when possible and i will try my best to update and answer everyone's questions, thanks*

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:12 PM
link   

No, a supernatural god incarnating in human form still started out in supernatural form.

There is no scientific or logical proof of Selassie the man doing anything other than saying some interesting words.

He was not powerful enought to keep a foreign army from invading his country. How is that almighty?

"And we know that we are of God, and the whole world lieth in wickedness. And we know that the Son of God is come, and hath given us an understanding, that we may know him that is true, and we are in him that is true, even in his Son Jesus Christ. This is the true God, and eternal life. Little children, keep yourselves from idols. Amen" (1 John 5:19-21).

"Beloved, believe not every spirit, but try the spirits whether they are of God: because many false prophets are gone out into the world. Hereby know ye the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesseth that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is of God: And every spirit that confesseth not that Jesus Christ is come in the flesh is not of God: and this is that spirit of antichrist, whereof ye have heard that it should come; and even now already is it in the world" (1 John 4:1-3).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You're not very good at this.

Those two verses don't address, let alone refute, what I posted.

Doesn't matter. In thailand they put images of Al Pacino, as Serpico, as an amulet against crooked cops and you have Selassie and those of us who don't believe can't help but shake our heads.
edit on 1-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:13 AM
link   

You're not very good at this.

Those two verses don't address, let alone refute, what I posted.

Doesn't matter. In thailand they put images of Al Pacino, as Serpico, as an amulet against crooked cops and you have Selassie and those of us who don't believe can't help but shake our heads.

Have you examined the video that I posted explaining supernatural concepts? You're not very good at this.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 04:26 AM
link   
Wow. 4 pages deep and not one reference to Black Uhuru's King Selassie sounds.

You're welcome =)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Have you examined the video that I posted explaining supernatural concepts? You're not very good at this.

I started to but soon recognized the method. Sorry, I took the time to view the other videos and if they are any indicator of the content of this one then I am not going to waste my time.

I know that I am not going to change your perception of the world but I would like for you to understand why you are unable to convince us.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:32 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

The Old King even spoke about gender equality.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   

I started to but soon recognized the method. Sorry, I took the time to view the other videos and if they are any indicator of the content of this one then I am not going to waste my time.

I know that I am not going to change your perception of the world but I would like for you to understand why you are unable to convince us.

Method? Explain.

There is no need for convincing, the Gospel speaks for itself. If we have the truth then there should be absolutely no contradictions within the scriptures and no contradictions with science or reality.

The miracles of Christ are allegories. What makes the son of God so special is not that he is a great wizard, but that his theological acumen is so stunningly prudent.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
And this was despite Selassie's numerous requests for help.

Sounds like he was well aware that he was not god.

"I am the LORD: that is my name: and my glory will I not give to another, neither my praise to graven images" (Isaiah 42:8).

"Thus will I magnify myself, and sanctify myself; and I will be known in the eyes of many nations, and they shall know that I am the LORD" (Ezekiel 38:23).

"His foundation is in the holy mountains. The LORD loveth the gates of Zion more than all the dwellings of Jacob. Glorious things are spoken of thee, O city of God. Selah. I will make mention of Rahab and Babylon to them that know me: behold Philistia, and Tyre, with Ethiopia; this man was born there. And of Zion it shall be said, This and that man was born in her: and the highest himself shall establish her. The LORD shall count, when he writeth up the people, that this man was born there. Selah. As well the singers as the players on instruments shall be there: all my springs are in thee" (Psalm 87).

"Look unto me, and be ye saved, all the ends of the earth: for I am God, and there is none else. I have sworn by myself, the word is gone out of my mouth in righteousness, and shall not return, That unto me every knee shall bow, every tongue shall swear" (Isaiah 45:22-23).

"For the invisible things of him from the creation of the world are clearly seen, being understood by the things that are made, even his eternal power and Godhead; so that they are without excuse: Because that, when they knew God, they glorified him not as God, neither were thankful; but became vain in their imaginations, and their foolish heart was darkened" (Romans 1-20-21).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:51 AM
link   
"For we have not followed cunningly devised fables, when we made known unto you the power and coming of our Lord Jesus Christ, but were eyewitnesses of his majesty" (2 Peter 1:16).

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 11:52 AM
link   

originally posted by: Revolution9

Haile Selassie Christmas Interview with Dr. Oswald Hoffman

That is a Christmas radio interview transcript from 1968. It gives precise details of The King's faith and world view.

"In pondering over the life, the goodness, humanity and sacrifice of the Savior of the World, in looking at the laws which He gave us, how much should we be ashamed to call ourselves Christian people, and yet not to follow His footsteps. Had we been Christain people, had we been worthy of the name, peace would have reigned on all the face of the Earth, and we would have risen to the level of the immortal angels who always glorify the Eternal God, and the peoples of the world would no longer have remained divided into hostile camps. " - Emperor Haile Selassie I

edit on 3-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Added quote from His Majesty.

edit on 3-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Grammar.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:15 PM
link   

Method? Explain.

Not everyone believes the bible is true. You keep quoting the bible therefore not everyone is going to believe what you are saying is true.

There is no need for convincing, the Gospel speaks for itself. If we have the truth then there should be absolutely no contradictions within the scriptures and no contradictions with science or reality.

Well that isn't the case, unless you turn a blind eye. There is no real science in your thinking.

You are comparing the words of a christian to the bible, of course they are going to agree on many points. All you are proving is that the emperor was a christian.

Thinking that that as proof of anything else is incorrect.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Not everyone believes the bible is true. You keep quoting the bible therefore not everyone is going to believe what you are saying is true.

There is no real science in your thinking.

You are comparing the words of a christian to the bible, of course they are going to agree on many points. All you are proving is that the emperor was a christian.

I agree that not everyone reads religious scripture. However this thread is filed under the category of, "Religion and Theology" for a reason.

It's easy to say that there's "no real science" in our Gospel, but it's another thing to prove that statement.

There are those who ask “Would God praise Himself?” They want to know who did Haile Selassie The First pray to when He communed in church and why does He have the title Elect of God if He is God? The answers to these questions are simple yet sublime. First, telepathy is not a force which any man possess so no one can tell you what another person was thinking when they prayed; but we do know that God was manifest in the flesh to teach people what is acceptable, to show us what we must do in our lives. Therefore His Imperial Majesty was praying to demonstrate to the world that this is an acceptable act. In fact everything He did was done to demonstrate how we must conduct our lives; for God is the Law. Secondly, the Bible said, “When God made the promise to Abraham, since there is no one greater for him to swear by, he swore by himself.” This means that when Haile Selassie The First says that He is praying to God, this does not take away from His divinity; His Imperial Majesty being the Elect of God means that He is God. Who else was He going to invoke; it is written that He has sworn by Himself. Not only did He crown Himself King of Kings and Lord of Lords, He also merited the claim by performing the works of God. Haile Selassie The First does not have to say verbatim that He is the Almighty, He told us to look to God because if you accepted the descriptions of Jah written throughout the Bible then you will know that He is God. The Most High will not teach us how He is the Almighty, that is why He has a Son, the Prophet was sent to explain that His Imperial Majesty is God; if there were those who did not comprehend it based off His most excellent work and character. The books of the Prophets say that God speaks to us through signs and wonders. On November 2, 1930, RasTafari Mekonnen ascended the Throne of David with the titles of God; never in human history has anyone else been crowned King of Kings and Lord of Lords. There were certain Ethiopian and Persian rulers who were designated as King of Kings; but no one besides His Imperial Majesty held the complete appellation of the Most High. On His Imperial Majesty’s Coronation vesture are two crowns and two crosses which means King of Kings and Lord of Lords; it is important to note that the Emperor helped to design His garments because He was conveying a specific message on that day which only those with (spiritual) eyes will see. The Bible said that God showed signs in heaven; some people think that His signs are thunder and lightning in the sky. However, Matthew 5: 34 said that Heaven is the Throne of God. Haile Selassie The First is the King of Tsion, Jesus Christ worshipped Him because He fulfilled the prophecy, if the world accepted the revelation then the promises of salvation would improve all of society. His Imperial Majesty led us by example not drivel, if we should follow His commandments then we shall inherit the Kingdom and manifest Heaven on earth.

edit on 3-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Fixed structure.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:22 PM
link   
"Today man sees all his hopes and aspirations crumbling before him. He is perplexed and knows not whither he is drifting. But he must realize that the Bible is his refuge and the rallying point for all humanity. In it man will find the solution to his present difficulties and guidance for his future actions, and unless he accepts with clear conscience the Bible and its great message, he cannot hope for salvation. For my part I glory in the Bible." - The LORD God Jah Rastafari Emperor Haile I Selassie I The First
edit on 3-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Spelling.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 05:05 PM
link   

It's easy to say that there's "no real science" in our Gospel, but it's another thing to prove that statement.

Sorry but that isn't how it works. The person making the claim has to provide the proof.

The words of Haile Selassie and the bible are not proof. Do you have anything else? Even a logical arguement would be better than what you have posted so far.

JAK

posted on Aug, 4 2015 @ 07:23 AM
link   
Thread reopened.
edit on 6/8/15 by JAK because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join