It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Haile Selassie The First

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: enlightenedservant
Many of their beliefs are completely incompatible with my own.

Many of their beliefs are completely incompatible with their own.

Just pointing that out.
edit on 1-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:19 PM
link   
a reply to: JahRastafari

Here is a good article that describes the end of Haile Selassie's reign. The Derg were very brutal in comparison and Ethiopia ended up in dire Famine.

40 Years Ago: Communist Coup Deposed Ethiopia’s Last Emperor

From the article:
"It remains uncertain whether or not Ethiopia’s last reigning Emperor was assassinated by the Derg, or died of natural causes. What is certain is that his forced removal from the Ethiopian throne initiated the most brutal dictatorship in the ancient country’s history. While the Derg has long since been driven from power, the communist junta’s terror-filled regime casts a long shadow over the country, and its dark legacy remains with Ethiopia today as the country struggles with a high poverty rate and many unsolved cases of “disappeared” people. It is my hope and prayer that God continue to bring healing and peace to this ancient Christian land, and that, following Emperor Haile Selassie’s example of peaceful resistance to the Derg, Ethiopians of all walks of life may continue to rebuild their country in Christ-inspired peace and harmony."

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: daskakik

And this was despite Selassie's numerous requests for help.

Sounds like he was well aware that he was not god.

Yep. Though I'm staying out of that part of the argument lol

I have a lot of respect for Rastafarians, particularly the Marley's One Love movement. I respect them the same way I respect peaceful Buddhists, Hindus, and any other group that wants to do positivity with their lives.

But respect is not the same thing as acceptance. Many of their beliefs are completely incompatible with my own. So I basically say "live & let live" when it comes to the details.

In general, Rastafarians have fulfilled the prophecy of Psalm 95 and Hebrews 3 where it says God was angry with that generation for forty years. This forty year prophecy is referring to the years of His Majesty's theocratic reign from 1930-1974.

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did.That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest' " (Hebrews 3:8-10).

Also Zeccariah 7:5-6 was fulfilled by the Rastafarians, "Ask all the people of the land and the priests, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months for the past seventy years, was it really for me that you fasted? And when you were eating and drinking, were you not just feasting for yourselves?' "

The seventy year prophecy is referring to the years from 1930-2000 when Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix declared the name of The Father to the world (Jeremiah 29:10, Daniel 9:2).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: JahRastafari
We therefore are supposed to be looking for God on earth, not in the sky or after we physically die.

The emperor is no longer on earth.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:40 PM
link   

originally posted by: Lazarus Short

There are many differing views on the Godhead. The Scriptures mention Seven Spirits of God, so the Father + the Son + seven Spirits = nine, a trinity of trinities - yet they are all One. Just my view.

BTW, I like your avatar, an excellent likeness of His Majesty.

There is only one mention of the Holy Trinity in the Bible. "For there are three that bear record in heaven, the Father, the Word, and the Holy Ghost: and these three are one" (1 John 5:7).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:43 PM
link   

At 0:24: "Rastafarians cannot accept this".

Seems like acknowledgement of bias.

Believe whatever you want but don't come with illogical claims and expect people to just accept them as true.

ETA: I don't see the part where he says that the emperor is still on earth? He even says that the emperor said that the lord created "us" like everyone else. Who was he refering to as the "creator"?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

At 0:24: "Rastafarians cannot accept this".

Seems like acknowledgement of bias.

Believe whatever you want but don't come with illogical claims and expect people to just accept them as true.

We expect to be crucified (rejected) with Christ. We are Biblically obligated. Our only obligation is to preach the Gospel to all the creatures of the earth (Mark 16:15). Whether people choose to believe Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix's message or not is between them and God, blessed be Jah Rastafari.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

It sure is but that doesn't resolve the contradictions that you have posted.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

ETA: I don't see the part where he says that the emperor is still on earth? He even says that the emperor said that the lord created "us" like everyone else. Who was he refering to as the "creator"?

His Majesty always spoke of God (Himself) in the third-person. Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix also follows this example because he speaks of Christ in the third-person (John 5:19).

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

It sure is but that doesn't resolve the contradictions that you have posted.

Explain.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:01 PM
link   
His Majesty died in 1975. @daskakik

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:07 PM
link   
This video will prove that Primus St. Croix is Jesus Christ.

And the multitudes that went before, and that followed, cried, saying, Hosanna to the Son of David: Blessed is he that cometh in the name of the Lord; Hosanna in the highest. (Matt 21:9)

Jesus answered them, and said, My doctrine is not mine, but his that sent me. If any man will do his will, he shall know of the doctrine, whether it be of God, or whether I speak of myself. He that speaketh of himself seeketh his own glory: but he that seeketh his glory that sent him, the same is true, and no unrighteousness is in him. (John 7:16-18)

I am come in my Father's name, and ye receive me not: if another shall come in his own name, him ye will receive. (John 5:43)

I have manifested thy name unto the men which thou gavest me out of the world: thine they were, and thou gavest them me; and they have kept thy word. (John 17:6)

Whosoever denieth the Son, the same hath not the Father: (but) he that acknowledgeth the Son hath the Father also. (1 John 2:23)

Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name. (Rev 3:12)

And he came to Nazareth, where he had been brought up: and, as his custom was, he went into the synagogue on the sabbath day, and stood up for to read. And there was delivered unto him the book of the prophet Esaias. And when he had opened the book, he found the place where it was written, The Spirit of the Lord is upon me, because he hath anointed me to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set at liberty them that are bruised, To preach the acceptable year of the Lord. And he closed the book, and he gave it again to the minister, and sat down. And the eyes of all them that were in the synagogue were fastened on him. And he began to say unto them, This day is this scripture fulfilled in your ears. (Luke 4:16-21)

I have raised up one from the north, and he shall come: from the rising of the sun shall he call upon my name: and he shall come upon princes as upon morter, and as the potter treadeth clay. Who hath declared from the beginning, that we may know? and beforetime, that we may say, He is righteous? yea, there is none that sheweth, yea, there is none that declareth, yea, there is none that heareth your words. The first shall say to Zion, Behold, behold them: and I will give to Jerusalem one that bringeth good tidings. For I beheld, and there was no man; even among them, and there was no counseller, that, when I asked of them, could answer a word. Behold, they are all vanity; their works are nothing: their molten images are wind and confusion. (Isaiah 41:25-29)

Not that any man hath seen the Father, save he which is of God, he hath seen the Father. (John 6:46)

But wisdom is justified of all her children. (Luke 7:35)

He that saith, I know him, and keepeth not his commandments, is a liar, and the truth is not in him. But whoso keepeth his word, in him verily is the love of God perfected: hereby know we that we are in him. (1 John 2:4-5)

I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies. Though ye offer me burnt offerings and your meat offerings, I will not accept them: neither will I regard the peace offerings of your fat beasts. Take thou away from me the noise of thy songs; for I will not hear the melody of thy viols. But let judgment run down as waters, and righteousness as a mighty stream. Have ye offered unto me sacrifices and offerings in the wilderness forty years, O house of Israel? But ye have borne the tabernacle of your Moloch and Chiun your images, the star of your god, which ye made to yourselves. Therefore will I cause you to go into captivity beyond Damascus, saith the LORD, whose name is The God of hosts. (Amos 5:21-27)

For thus saith the LORD of hosts, the God of Israel; Let not your prophets and your diviners, that be in the midst of you, deceive you, neither hearken to your dreams which ye cause to be dreamed. For they prophesy falsely unto you in my name: I have not sent them, saith the LORD. For thus saith the LORD, That after seventy years be accomplished at Babylon I will visit you, and perform my good word toward you, in causing you to return to this place. (Jeremiah 29:8-10)

Speak unto all the people of the land, and to the priests, saying, When ye fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh month, even those seventy years, did ye at all fast unto me, even to me? And when ye did eat, and when ye did drink, did not ye eat for yourselves, and drink for yourselves? (Zechariah 7:5-6)

2 Thessalonians 2:1-4

Malachi 3:1-3

1 John 3:8

Isaiah 44:6-11

John 3:16-17

This book contains the 12 letters of Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix: Seventy Years Accomplished by Omar Tobijah

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:10 PM
link   

I have a lot of respect for Rastafarians, particularly the Marley's One Love movement. I respect them the same way I respect peaceful Buddhists, Hindus, and any other group that wants to do positivity with their lives.

But respect is not the same thing as acceptance. Many of their beliefs are completely incompatible with my own. So I basically say "live & let live" when it comes to the details.

In general, Rastafarians have fulfilled the prophecy of Psalm 95 and Hebrews 3 where it says God was angry with that generation for forty years. This forty year prophecy is referring to the years of His Majesty's theocratic reign from 1930-1974.

"Today, if you hear his voice, do not harden your hearts as you did in the rebellion, during the time of testing in the wilderness, where your ancestors tested and tried me, though for forty years they saw what I did.That is why I was angry with that generation; I said, 'Their hearts are always going astray, and they have not known my ways.' So I declared on oath in my anger, 'They shall never enter my rest' " (Hebrews 3:8-10).

Also Zeccariah 7:5-6 was fulfilled by the Rastafarians, "Ask all the people of the land and the priests, 'When you fasted and mourned in the fifth and seventh months for the past seventy years, was it really for me that you fasted? And when you were eating and drinking, were you not just feasting for yourselves?' "

The seventy year prophecy is referring to the years from 1930-2000 when Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix declared the name of The Father to the world (Jeremiah 29:10, Daniel 9:2).

Hey, I appreciate your beliefs. And I wouldn't mind having a real conversation just to learn more about the different Rastafarian sects.

But I don't want to mislead you either. I'm a Muslim 100%. Not a Sunni, Shiite, or any other sub-category, but a Muslim like the ancients. There's nothing anyone can say or do to get me to change my own beliefs. So if you'd like to share your beliefs, I'm more than willing to listen (hence why I'm in this thread). But if you're trying to sway me, it won't work. Just pointing that out so there's no misunderstandings between us.

As a starter, I'm curious about some things:
1. How do Rastafarians really view Marcus Garvey? I've heard from outsiders that he's considered a prophet, but I don't know if that's certain sects or all of them.

2. Do they consider themselves Christians, Hebrews, descendents of the original Israelites, or something else?

3. What are your holy books? I know they refer to many incidences in the Old Testament, but I don't know if there's a specific version or translation they use.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:52 PM
link   

His Majesty always spoke of God (Himself) in the third-person. Jesus Christ Primus St. Croix also follows this example because he speaks of Christ in the third-person (John 5:19).

Maybe he did it because he knew he wasn't the creator.

Explain.

He was the creator of all but he couldn't create a stronger army than Mussolini's?

His Majesty died in 1975.

He sure did, which is why you would not find him on earth after that. That is another of the contradictions I was talking about.

This video will prove that Primus St. Croix is Jesus Christ.

Somehow I doubt that.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 05:57 PM
link   

Hey, I appreciate your beliefs. And I wouldn't mind having a real conversation just to learn more about the different Rastafarian sects.

But I don't want to mislead you either. I'm a Muslim 100%. Not a Sunni, Shiite, or any other sub-category, but a Muslim like the ancients. There's nothing anyone can say or do to get me to change my own beliefs. So if you'd like to share your beliefs, I'm more than willing to listen (hence why I'm in this thread). But if you're trying to sway me, it won't work. Just pointing that out so there's no misunderstandings between us.

As a starter, I'm curious about some things:
1. How do Rastafarians really view Marcus Garvey? I've heard from outsiders that he's considered a prophet, but I don't know if that's certain sects or all of them.

2. Do they consider themselves Christians, Hebrews, descendents of the original Israelites, or something else?

3. What are your holy books? I know they refer to many incidences in the Old Testament, but I don't know if there's a specific version or translation they use.

Blessed love and greetings enlightenedservant.

1. Let's be clear, there's no collective agreement between the various sects of Rastafarianism on Marcus Garvey (or anything else for that matter). The Boboshanti Mansion claim that Marcus Mosiah Garvey is part of a 'holy trinity' which consists of Marcus Garvey (the prophet*) Prince Emmanuel VII (the priest*) and His Imperial Majesty (the King). Marcus Garvey did many good things for the Afro-American movement and uplifted the multitudes with compelling speeches, founded the Black Star Line etc., however, he ultimately denounced Haile Selassie The First.

2. For the most part, they consider themselves descendants of the original Israelites. Even His Majesty claimed direct descent from King Solomon and the Queen of Sheba as the 225th Emperor from the Solomonic Dynasty.

3. Some Rastafarians strictly adhere to a literal interpretation of the Old Testament, some reject the Bible completely. We, however, as the Church of Haile Selassie The First Through the Body of Jesus Christ accept all major religious scriptures (Torah, Bible, Qur'an, Bhagavad-Gita, Buddha's Words etc.) as valid.

We know that there is only one true prophet of God. Primus St. Croix is Jesus Christ, Muhammad, Arjuna, Moses, Buddha etc. (Sura 10:37-38, Sura 43:61-65, Gita 11:1, Jeremiah 1:4-10).

The prophet shall come to prove who is sincere in their faith, for he shall preach an indisputable message that cannot be denied by anyone who is honest with God. When you are able to combine you tradition with the fulfillment of prophecy then you would have implemented the true purpose of your religion; which represents perfection.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Maybe he did it because he knew he wasn't the creator.

Explain.

He was the creator of all but he couldn't create a stronger army than Mussolini's?

His Majesty died in 1975.

He sure did, which is why you would not find him on earth after that. That is another of the contradictions I was talking about.

We never stated that you would find Him on earth after he died. Please take the time to review all the information because most of your questions have already been answered, thank you all.

edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Added video.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   

We never stated that you would find Him on earth after he died.

Your words:

We therefore are supposed to be looking for God on earth

Where on earth was Selassie after 1975?

How is someone born after 1975 going to find "God on earth" when, according to you, he was not here anymore?

Please take the time to review all the information because most of your questions have already been answered

And those answer's contradict other things you have said.

I was hoping you would see this but it seems like you just don't want to see. For the creater of all to be beaten by some italian guy would make anyone question the claim that Selassie was God almighty. Well, anyone except you guys.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:30 PM
link   

We never stated that you would find Him on earth after he died.

Your words:

We therefore are supposed to be looking for God on earth

Where on earth was Selassie after 1975?

How is someone born after 1975 going to find "God on earth" when, according to you, he was not here anymore?

Please take the time to review all the information because most of your questions have already been answered

And those answer's contradict other things you have said.

I was hoping you would see this but it seems like you just don't want to see. For the creater of all to be beaten by some italian guy would make anyone question the claim that Selassie was God almighty. Well, anyone except you guys.

This is a simple misunderstanding. Haile Selassie I was born July 23, 1892 and died in 1975, when we say "look for God on earth" we are telling the world to not look to the sky for a supernatural creator, rather to acknowledge the fulfillment of prophecy through a person who actually existed. "In this world there lives no man, however prudent or zealous, who can escape death." - Haile Selassie I

His Majesty operated by natural means so that we can emulate Him. For Ethiopia to be occupied by the modern army of Rome for 5 years in WWII takes nothing away from His divinity.
edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Fixed quote.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
"Knowledge is a treasure that must be grasped and which no one can confiscate; it is a diamond without price which prevents the breaking of heaven's decree and preserves one from a path to destruction. Knowledge allows you to inherit the Kingdom of God, which the mind of man cannot conceive; and is a counselor in time of adversity. So may God grant you to attain a wisdom and knowledge such as I have described." - Haile Selassie I

The Bible describes Heaven as the knowledge of God not the hereafter. We must put our trust in the revelation if we wish to enter the Kingdom.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   

This is a simple misunderstanding.

God made flesh is still a supernatural creator.

For Ethiopia to be occupied by the modern army of Rome for 5 years in WWII takes nothing away from His divinity.

It does to any unbiased observer.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join