It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Emperor Haile Selassie The First

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Greetings in the name of His Imperial Majesty Emperor Haile Selassie The First. Forasmuch as many have taken in hand to set forth in order a declaration of those things which are most surely believed among us, we proclaim that the 225th Emperor of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I is God in the flesh, the Father of Jesus Christ. It is truly a blessing to have the platform of this website to preach the one and only true Gospel of tangible salvation. With the guidance of His Majesty we hope that this thread will put all the world's religious doctrines and fallacies (which is idolatry) to bed. How we have uncovered the mystery of Godliness will be divulged and explained. Any and all comments are welcome and questions are most certainly encouraged, give thanks.

"We act in these matters in the right, as a matter of high principle. We act out of the integrity and conviction of our most deep-founded beliefs. If we permit ourselves to be tempted by narrow self-interest and vain ambition, if we barter our beliefs for short-term advantage, who will listen when we claim to speak for conscience, and who will contend that our words deserve to be heeded? We must speak out on major world issues, courageously, openly, and honestly, and in blunt terms of right and wrong. If we yield to blandishments or threats, if we compromise when no honourable compromise is possible, our influence will be sadly diminished and our prestige woefully prejudiced and weakened. Let us not deny our ideals or sacrifice our right to stand as the champions of the poor, the ignorant, the oppressed everywhere. The acts by which we live and the attitudes by which we act must be clear beyond question. Principles alone can endow our deeds with force and meaning. Let us be true to what we believe, that our beliefs may serve and honour us." -Emperor Haile Selassie The First

The Beginning

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:09 AM
link   
a reply to: JahRastafari

You should read The Empreror by Ryszard Kapuściński. Selassie couldn't even run his own country but was God incarnate? The Empreror

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Bad Brains!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I thought jeebus' father was called Joseph?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:35 AM
link   

I've read both volumes of His autobiography. Fascinating individual. Sorry, but I don't go with the "Haile Selassie I is God in the flesh, the Father of Jesus Christ".

However, I respect H.I.M big time for the way He approached religion and politics. Quite the visionary for His time, the last King of The Christian Kingdom of Ethiopia.

Bob Marley was very inspired by H.I.M. This song "War" is based on a speech The Emperor made to the United Nations:

Bob Marley was baptized a Christian into The Ethiopian Orthodox Church with the name Berhane Selassie just before He died.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Revolution9 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:36 AM
link   
"we proclaim that the 225th Emperor of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I is God in the flesh, the Father of Jesus Christ."

Seriously? Just when I thought the world couldn't get more kookier, you tipped the scales into the Looney Toon zone.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

originally posted by: cprnicus
"we proclaim that the 225th Emperor of Ethiopia Haile Selassie I is God in the flesh, the Father of Jesus Christ."

Seriously? Just when I thought the world couldn't get more kookier, you tipped the scales into the Looney Toon zone.

This tipped the scales?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:39 AM
link   

You should read The Empreror by Ryszard Kapuściński. Selassie couldn't even run his own country but was God incarnate? The Empreror
a reply to: derSteppenwolf

Thank you for your interest, comment and concerns. Here's a reliable article that questions the credibility of the author Ryszard Kapuściński: thelede.blogs.nytimes.com...
edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Added quote.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:43 AM
link   

a reply to: cprnicus

If you follow the link at the bottom of our initial post you will understand the foundation of our faith.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

I thought jeebus' father was called Joseph?
a reply to: EA006

His Imperial Majesty's accolades include, but are not limited to, God the Father, Allah, Yahweh, Father of Buddha, the Father of Jesus Christ, Jah etc.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Here is a short video clip of H.I.M relating to His Hebrew roots. It is believed by some that the Ethiopian Royal Family are descended from King Solomon and Queen of Sheba.

Lion of Judah.

ps; Don't blame Haile Selassie for the being God bit. When asked about this during a state visit to Jamaica He said that He was NOT.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Don't blame Haile Selassie for the being God bit. When asked about this during a state visit to Jamaica He said that He was NOT
a reply to: Revolution9

His Majesty never denied that He was God, he denied being Jesus Christ - there is a difference.

edit on 1-8-2015 by JahRastafari because: Added video.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:54 AM
link   

It's not for me but much respect to you guys!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   

It's not for me but much respect to you guys!
a reply to: BelowLowAnnouncement

Thank you sir, respect.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: JahRastafari

His Majesty never denied that He was God, he denied being Jesus Christ - there is a difference.

Haha! I love the Rasta people too much to go arguing with you. It is up to you, Dear Soul, how you want to view it all.

He made some amazing speeches for sure. Ehtiopia wasn't perfect under His reign, but He stuck up for His people big time when the Italians stole Ethiopia, was in exile in England just up the road a bit from where I am typing. The British King was very kind to Him and gave Him sanctuary.

Damned commies took advantage of hard times and had a coup. Finished off the Ethiopian Monarchy. The Emperor was an old man by then. He didn't want bloodshed or to cause a civil war so He turned the other cheek. Some say He did not die quick enough and He was killed. They buried Him under the toilet in the palace. Years later He was exhumed and laid to rest properly.

President Kennedy entertained Him on a state visit to the U.S. He was a friend to the West, but they left Him alone when they had the communist coup. Nobody came to His rescue.

Yes, much affection for that man and the Rasta people.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: JahRastafari
a reply to: EA006

His Imperial Majesty's accolades include, but are not limited to, God the Father, Allah, Yahweh, Father of Buddha, the Father of Jesus Christ, Jah etc.

......rrright.....but....ah never mind...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Yes, much affection for that man and the Rasta people.

If the world adhered to His Majesty's principles heaven would manifest on earth.

The Bible is speaking about spiritual matters, its purpose is to lead you to God. If you follow the descriptions of the Lord that have been depicted in the scriptures, you will find the fulfillment in Emperor Haile Sellassie The First. The prophecy directs you to the Almighty and from him we learn about all the different aspects of life and how to handle them properly. It is important to understand this order because if we confuse this pattern then people would not know where to look to and receive the legitimate tenants of salvation. For example, if you read the Bible for guidance on how to solve your secular issues, then you would have a literal translation of the scriptures which is not going to offer you any palpable solutions because this leads to superstition. His Majesty is the one who has articulated the teachings and demonstrated the character on how to master your environment; but he is not going to instruct you on how he is God. Therefore, once again, the Bible chronicles who the Creator is and from the LORD we learn the righteous principles of life.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:28 PM
link   
[Quote deleted by Laz.]

He's a man. Your deification statement is idolatry and blasphemy. It may even be the reason the real God ended his royal line. Your country has been Christian a long time, and that is commendable, but you need to purify your faith from this dross.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Lazarus Short because: can't quote it

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: cprnicus

AAHHaaaa! ROFL, I almost blew coffee through my nose reading this $+!T. Yeah buddy, it does get kookier all the time, but this is off the charts!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:03 PM
link   

He's a man. Your deification statement is idolatry and blasphemy. It may even be the reason the real God ended his royal line. Your country has been Christian a long time, and that is commendable, but you need to purify your faith from this dross.
a reply to: Lazarus Short

I agree that He is a man. However, God manifested in the flesh at one of the most crucial times in human history by natural means so that humanity would be able to emulate Him and His actions. It is a contradiction to say that God is the exemplar of all that is good as well as an invisible omnipresent spirit found everywhere. That position doesn't solve or offer any palpable solutions to any of the world's apocalyptic problems facing us today such as hunger, poverty and disease. If God was found in all things, He would not have to reveal Himself to mankind. Why would He have to show Himself to the world, if He was already divulged in us? But the Bible cautions us to be aware that the Almighty will appear on earth and set up His Kingdom (Job 19:23-27). "Thy kingdom come thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven" (Matthew 6:10). We therefore are supposed to be looking for God on earth, not in the sky or after we physically die.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join