It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why I believe the Moon landings may have been faked

page: 109
<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:12 AM
link   
That hypothesis would indicate a choreographed deliberately absurd deception, ergo, concordantly compromising any actual attempted discreditation, inevitably culminating in the exposure manipulation of the Apollogarchy Paradox...

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:19 AM
link   

originally posted by: Misinformation
Roger Stone a member of Nixon's notorious CREEP Committee has publicly spilled the beans on the moon landing

Roger Stone: Moon Landing Video Was A "Hoax"

yo so, dont ask me why but i clicked on the link here that you provided and its just a link direct to a google search......

so if that is your idea of proof then this should be sufficient enough proof that Neil Armstrong walked on the moon

Neil Armstrong Walking on the Moon

posted on Oct, 24 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   
a reply to: Misinformation

That's your best evidence? A random tweet from a conspiracy loon?

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 06:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

And yet another reason not to vote for Trump!

Roger Stone claimed that video of the moon landing was “a hoax ... shot in a warehouse in” New Jersey. Stone is a longtime top Donald Trump adviser and one of the Republican presidential nominee’s go-to sources for research.

Stone, who remains in regular contact with Trump (and whose talking points and theories Trump regularly adopts), is an ardent conspiracy theorist. For example, he has claimed that the Clintons orchestrated the murder of four people this year; the Clintons killed John F. Kennedy Jr.; President George H.W. Bush tried to kill President Reagan; President Lyndon Johnson killed President John F. Kennedy; and Sen. Ted Cruz’s father is connected to Kennedy assassin Lee Harvey Oswald.

mediamatters.org...

posted on Oct, 25 2016 @ 09:14 AM
link   

originally posted by: captainpudding

I think "loon" or "not a loon" is beside the point.

The point is that no random tweet on its own, without anything to support the tweet, is evidence -- no matter who tweets it.

Evidence is made of verifiable facts. It doesn't come from a person simply stating something. What this guy is saying about the NJ warehouse might be true. Then again, it might be a totally made-up story. His words alone can't tell us, because his words provide nothing in the way of back-up support.

And that would be true if he is a loon or if he is an upstanding citizen.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've just popped in to post a link to this story, which while not bearing directly on the Apollo debate, does give some idea of exactly how easy it is to deceive people about images from space.

TL;DR - some cowboy outfit rebroadcast years-old NASA footage, claimed it was a live broadcast, and 28 million viewers not only never suspected a thing but convinced themselves that the astronauts in the film were interacting with them!

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 05:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: audubon
I've just popped in to post a link to this story, which while not bearing directly on the Apollo debate, does give some idea of exactly how easy it is to deceive people about images from space.

TL;DR - some cowboy outfit rebroadcast years-old NASA footage, claimed it was a live broadcast, and 28 million viewers not only never suspected a thing but convinced themselves that the astronauts in the film were interacting with them!

Well, while they were not the "as advertised" live videos from space, they were in fact videos from space.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 06:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Box of Rain

Yes. And?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Yes. And?

They didn't deceive people about images from space. They only deceived people about when the images from space were taking place.

edit on 2016/10/27 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Yes. And?

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Yes. And?

and they were spotted pretty much instantly.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:34 PM
link   

originally posted by: OneBigMonkeyToo
and they were spotted pretty much instantly.

Not sure where you got that idea.

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:42 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

I think the fact that the news story you linked to exists is testament to that.

I was having a meal on Wednsday lunchtime when a colleague showed me what he thought were live broadcasts. By Wednesday evening I was reading the story that it wasn't a live broadcast by NASA but rebroadcasts of old NASA footage by a 3rd party.
edit on 27/10/2016 by OneBigMonkeyToo because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 27 2016 @ 11:58 PM
link   

The stories I have linked to state that tens of millions of people watched it and believed it was the real thing, and that astronauts in the film were interacting with viewers.

Obviously, it was rumbled by someone in the media, who bothered to check against NASA's EVA schedules, or we wouldn't be reading about it in the first place.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 12:57 AM
link   

The stories I have linked to state that tens of millions of people watched it and believed it was the real thing, and that astronauts in the film were interacting with viewers.

Obviously, it was rumbled by someone in the media, who bothered to check against NASA's EVA schedules, or we wouldn't be reading about it in the first place.

I do understand what you mean.

However it doesn't work when the actual moon landing happened to be broadcasted to the entire world, and 10s of thousands to hundreds of thousands of scientists, engineers...a lot of pretty darn smart and intelligent people were also watching the broadcast who were following this during the time it was all being set up and etc.

There are also tens of millions of people in this world each and everyday who watch the bold and the beautiful who think what is portrayed is what happens in real life also....

I very much doubt that 10million people called up, or that 10million people were interviewed who thought that that broadcast was actually happening live and not in the past, a small percentage yes because if it was the entire 10million people I would begin to suspect we still do frontal lobotomys on the regular... *looks around ATS*...however....
edit on 28-10-2016 by MuonToGluon because: Clarification

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Yes. And?

it was still filmed in space, is his point.

if you want to apply this to the moon landing, man still walked on the moon.. only that it would be before to what was claimed..

but then even that would have atleast been leaked by now, since the russians were landing their probe at the same time..

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 07:33 AM
link   

Yes. And?

Because if back in 1969 I watched the moon landings on, say for example, a two-minute tape delay, and everything I saw on the Moon and all of the conversations I heard between the astronauts and mission control were all delayed by two minutes, that would not make the achievement of landing on the Moon an less real or cheapen it; it was still real astronauts who were really walking on the moon.

Granted, this facebook spacewalk video was much older than 2 minutes, and some people on facebook were fooled into thinking the astronauts were interacting with them, but it's still real astronauts who are really in space.

edit on 2016/10/28 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Le sigh.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 02:06 PM
link   
a reply to: audubon

If you're frustrated at people just getting the point then welcome to my world - there's a 108 pages of exactly that right here.

We get it OK - people were fooled. Now you need to try and absorb ours: people who know their stuff sussed it out straight away, just like the Apollo live TV broadcasts would have been sussed out straight away by the myriad of technical experts and journalist who sat through live mission audio and TV if there had been anything suspicious. Just like genuine experts would be able to see something wrong with any of the Apollo evidence. By 'genuine' I mean people who actually know stuff, as opposed to amateur keyboard warriors with an axe to grind and fraudsters making money out of a story.

You can't fool all the people all the time.

posted on Oct, 28 2016 @ 03:02 PM
link   

We get it OK - people were fooled. Now you need to try and absorb ours: people who know their stuff sussed it out straight away, just like the Apollo live TV broadcasts would have been sussed out straight away by the myriad of technical experts and journalist who sat through live mission audio and TV if there had been anything suspicious. Just like genuine experts would be able to see something wrong with any of the Apollo evidence. By 'genuine' I mean people who actually know stuff, as opposed to amateur keyboard warriors with an axe to grind and fraudsters making money out of a story.

You can't fool all the people all the time.

And that's my point.

Yes, some people were fooled into thinking that they were interacting with real astronauts.

However, nobody was "fooled" by the video (i.e., nobody saw faked video from space and thought it was real video from space) -- and that's because the video actually WAS real video from space. I think it would have been more difficult to fool the masses if fake video was used.

Sure, some would still be fooled by fake video, but I think fewer would be fooled than were fooled by the real video and fake interactions used to create this fake facebook event. Real video = More people fooled; Fake video = Fewer people fooled.

edit on 2016/10/28 by Box of Rain because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 106  107  108    110  111  112 >>

join