It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan statue unveiled in Detroit.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: Answer

Depends on whose interpretation you think is right. I've seen some that the issue wasn't knowledge rather the the seduction of eve and the end result of the competing blood lines that resulted ( Cain/able/Seth) basically a big issue over genetics. There is the whole ancient alien theory of the bible basically another genetics based theory. Then the whole theory of soul vs flesh and what dominates. What's right, who knows for sure. Maybe non of it. People will be people and belive what they want or non at all.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:33 AM
link   
a reply to: blacktie

Yes because building statues to figment characters has always caused the destruction of societal fabric. I'm surprised a black hole doesn't form over Detroit and suck people into the fiery hell reality those rowdy satanist came from.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:34 AM
link   
Fast forward to 3:12
Satanist - "They're doing crack, theyre doing our drugs, theyre doing our sex!"

Fast forward to 6:34
Satanist - "Satan is here and he aint going anywhere. We have your children, we have everyone we need to defeat you. Cause in the last war there was 1/3 (fallen angels) and we almost won. Micheal, Anu i dont care what you go by now we will defeat you."

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker
a reply to: ElOmen

LOL, Watched the video. Notice the Satan supporters are all white and the Christian protesters are all black.... just an observation.

Controlled opposition by the MSM.

Subliminal messages too I bet.

Anything to divert attention away from Cicil.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: TechniXcality
I'm surprised a black hole doesn't form over Detroit and suck people into the fiery hell reality those rowdy satanist came from.

Detroit is its own fiery hell.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:41 AM
link   

originally posted by: Klassified
As I said in the previous thread.
Instead of focusing on flipping off the Christians, they should be focusing on de-christianizing our laws, and re-defining some of our societal norms. Instead, they're just glorifying another myth, and thumbing their noses. imho.

The Satanists put up the statue of Baphomat.

Here are the basic societal norms they advocate:
"We see the universe as being indifferent to us, and so all morals and values are subjective human constructions.
Our position is to be self-centered, with ourselves being the most important person (the “God”) of our subjective universe...."
www.churchofsatan.com...

So is this how you want to see societal norms changed? I hope not, I don't think so.

What norms do you want to see thrown out that you consider wrong?
If it is legal but people object to it,
that doesn't count because if the law allows something
then it is a societal norm that all must abide by
even if they don't accept it.

edit on 10Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:51:23 -0500am80108amk016 by grandmakdw because: format

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

I don't think any religious monument should be standing at any state house, any more than the confederate flag should be flown there. To me, they're the same thing.

BUT! If a state capitol building (in Arkansas or Oklahoma) is going to display religious monuments, to deny one while allowing another would be a violation of the first amendment's "establishment of religion" clause, REGARDLESS the motivation.

a reply to: ketsuko

originally posted by: ketsuko
Under the letter of the law, if this is a sincere expression of their religious beliefs, it must be allowed - the statue in their religious place. If this is a mockery of the religious expression of others, then it does not as it is not a sincere religious expression.

It's not about whether or not it's a "sincere expression of religious beliefs", it's about the state establishing that the Christian symbol is somehow valid, while the Satanist symbol is not.

These people have every right to want their symbol be displayed alongside the Christian symbol. For whatever reason, even if it's to bring to light the lack of separation of church and state and the folly of "religious freedom" laws.

originally posted by: Klassified
Instead of focusing on flipping off the Christians, they should be focusing on de-christianizing our laws, and re-defining some of our societal norms.

That's exactly what they're doing.
edit on 8/1/2015 by Benevolent Heretic because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: introvert
a reply to: grandmakdw

Fantastic observation.

The evil worshiping white people
putting up a statue to a God that represents evil,
with black people fighting the oppression
of the white people trying to force evil symbolism on their city.

Wow! Great observation.

How did the practice of freedom of religion become oppression against black people?

Didn't you read the observation? It was in the quote above my response.

The writer said that the people putting up the statue were white
the people protesting the statue were black

So the black people were protesting a statue to a symbol
of evil being erected by white people

If you had read the observation you would have seen the
analogy immediately.

edit on 10Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:52:52 -0500am80108amk016 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Klassified

I think that's exactly what they're doing. I don't think supporters of the statue or Satanists/Luciferians etc... actually worship Satan but by bringing something so reprehensible to Christians and trying to get the image of Baphomet included in our federal/state buildings... they challenge their grip on government and demonstrate exactly why separation of Church and State needs to exist.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic
BUT! If a state capitol building (in Arkansas or Oklahoma) is going to display religious monuments, to deny one while allowing another would be a violation of the first amendment's "establishment of religion" clause, REGARDLESS the motivation.

I am going to erect my own Cthulhu monument right next to the others.

link   

The church of Satan and (The Satanic Temple) are not the same...The Satanic Temple are the ones that unveiled the statue in Detroit.

Here is some of what (The Satanic Temple) believe...

(Quote)

"The Seven Fundamental Tenets Of The Satanic Temple

1. One should strive to act with compassion and empathy towards all creatures in accordance with reason.

2. The struggle for justice is an ongoing and necessary pursuit that should prevail over laws and institutions.

3. One’s body is inviolable, subject to one’s own will alone.

4. The freedoms of others should be respected, including the freedom to offend. To willfully and unjustly encroach upon the freedoms of another is to forgo your own.

5. Beliefs should conform to our best scientific understanding of the world. We should take care never to distort scientific facts to fit our beliefs.

6. People are fallible. If we make a mistake, we should do our best to rectify it and resolve any harm that may have been caused.

7. Every tenet is a guiding principle designed to inspire nobility in action and thought. The spirit of compassion, wisdom, and justice should always prevail over the written or spoken word.
" (unquote)

Link: thesatanictempleseattle.com...

edit on 2015-08-01T11:06:32-05:00amSaturdayam0120158America/Chicagoam by caladonea because: edit

link   

Ok can we start this conversation with assumption that magical beings in the sky don't really exist and we are talking about characters in the human psyche, I just don't think this conversation can be productive without this very basic foundation.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   

People against scriptures they don't understand, arguing against followers of Scripture who also do not understand.

Ignorance is bliss.

Satan is the personification of human arrogance.

Satanism is about only self matters - Arrogance
Religion is only my way matters - Arrogance

They are more alike then they choose to believe.

The scriptures say only Love matters. No arrogance just Love for one another.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Ok can we start this conversation with assumption that magical beings in the sky don't really exist and we are talking about characters in the human psyche, I just don't think this conversation can be productive without this very basic foundation.

Ok, let's restart the conversation.

In the video were a bunch of white people
putting up a statue that offended
the black people who were protesting.

That moves the conversation completely out of the realm
of "magical beings" and into the real world of the observable
and what we can objectively observe in what was happening.

edit on 10Sat, 01 Aug 2015 10:57:47 -0500am80108amk016 by grandmakdw because: grammar

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:56 AM
link   
a reply to: Isurrender73

Have you completed your daily dose of self hatred yet? Just wondering

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:58 AM
link   

Ok so now the statue is meant to upset black people, man black people cannot get a break! This is a travesty!

I am on your side clearly satanism is just another form of white privilege. You've convinced me
edit on 1-8-2015 by TechniXcality because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:05 AM
link   

a reply to: Isurrender73

Have you completed your daily dose of self hatred yet? Just wondering

I don't hate myself, nor do I hate you. I have hated others who have caused me harm, but I have also forgiven them.

Why would you believe that believing in Love over arrogance would necessitate the need to hate myself?

Just because I don't think I am the only one who is important? Nor do I believe I have all the right answers?

You will have to explain yourself, because without context your statement makes no since.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Ok so now the statue is meant to upset black people, man black people cannot get a break! This is a travesty!

So are you saying it is a travesty that the black people were
protesting what the white people were doing?

Or are you saying that the only observation
one could make regarding the incident
was one where black people were protesting
what white people were doing.
But it is politically incorrect to notice the only
truly objective thing to notice, that it is
travesty to even notice this?

Or are you saying it is a travesty that I
would mention the observable outside
of the magical beings?

Or are you implying that you think I am "blaming" the black
people for their behavior, which you find objectionable,
and that is the travesty?
I found the black people to be courageous, that was
my observation.

I simply took out of the conversation all magical beings
and simply made an observation
of the observable
and this was what resulted,
is that the travesty?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: AugustusMasonicus

originally posted by: Benevolent Heretic

I am going to erect my own Cthulhu monument right next to the others.

Why not?

I think I'll do Pan Pangenitor.

(It'll let me say "syrinx" more often. Crap, now I want to listen to RUSH.)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Is THAT where the racial aspect was leading? I couldn't figure it out. Clearly the people who think race was a factor didn't watch the video.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join