It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

With all the talk of firearms, what about other arms? Guns, swords, long knives, spears, ect?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:22 AM
link   
a reply to: yuppa

oh boy. remind me to inspect your hands before we sit down to have that beer. you never know conversations going great and suddenly i say the wrong thing like.

bassplyr" I never really liked that show saved by the bell I was more if a Parker Lewis can't loose kinda guy"

yuppa "WHAT!!!! Yeaaaahhhh!" (lunges at me across bar room)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Common- law definition would be "light infantry weapons which can be carried and used, together with ammunition, by a single person, but you are right it can be anything that typically a single person can operate. The reason is those who want to attack any form of "arms" as illegal past a butter knife have had a very long time to work at it and chip away the list. In the 60s full automatic guns were legal and so were many other weapons too.

Today the line has been drawn down to guns and so we have a situation where a sword can be illegal and a 45 pistol is not.

edit on 2-8-2015 by Xtrozero because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR

oh boy. remind me to inspect your hands before we sit down to have that beer. you never know conversations going great and suddenly i say the wrong thing like.

bassplyr" I never really liked that show saved by the bell I was more if a Parker Lewis can't loose kinda guy"

yuppa "WHAT!!!! Yeaaaahhhh!" (lunges at me across bar room)

Oh since im older i dont do that kind of thing. Cant run anymore lol!! Dont worry!! well be ..Sings...Friends forever....(save by the bell reference)

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:03 PM
link   

m.youtube.com...

oh God it hurts!!! it hurts!!!!! (staggers around holding my ears)

I'm still going to double check first, sorry. but first rounds on me. hope you don't mind I only
drink 211

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Agreed...I'm in California so just about everything is illegal lol, throwing stars, throwing spikes, knuckles, clubs, butterfly knives, switchblades/jack knives, etc. It is even illegal to have a baseball bat in your car unless you can prove you're going to practice or a game! We can carry knives however fixed blade must be open carried, so if your untucked shirt covers your knife you are now guilty of a felony...closed blade knives there's technically no restriction but several cities and counties restrict them to 3" in length. I carry a 3.5" SOG flashII tanto with me at all times...really wish there were bigger closed blade assisted assist opening knives...
There was a guy (although creepy) in San Jose that always walked around with a ka-bar on his belt, but he had his shirt tucked in so it was not concealed...I am NOT willing to risk a felony and thus never owning a gun or getting a job again lol, I tried looking for thigh holsters for the ka-bar but have not found any...I thought about trying to make my own though...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Any instrument specifically fashioned for death-dealing, carried on one's person, should need to be qualified for, licensed and be pertinent to the task/s which the individual is undertaking at that time. For example: A gun at a gun show is fine. A gun in a Walmart, not so much. This is merely a rational and common sense approach to tackling the possession of weapons, by the hoi polloi, in a modern day, civilised society.

If one's society imbues fear in its citizens to the extent that they earnestly feel compelled to arm themselves to kill, in order to conducted their day-to-day lives, that society has far more dire concerns in need of redress than the weapons themselves. The weapons are the symptom, not the cause.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

In Illinois, you can carry swords, butterfly knives, etc., add long as it isn't with intent to harm. You can't carry throwing stars and spring-operated switchblades. Axes are kosher as well.

"... When they pry them from my tanned, leather scabbard!"

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
a reply to: dogstar23

Really? Cool!

Though would self defense be considered intent to harm?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Always a good idea to double check:
Illinois knife law

Also I think the laws vary from place to place within the state.
edit on 3-8-2015 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:03 PM
link   
a reply to: Puppylove

I doubt it.

They might, however, take into account the reason you were forced to defend yourself. Instigating an encounter then somehow egging someone on into attacking you... I suppose they might frown on that.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 02:17 PM
link   
another but of advice when Iif comes to knives for self defense. bigger is not better. my personal choice is a serrated 2.5" blade fold out.

remember functionality and versatility is key with knives for self defense. you want to be able to use the blade from any grip. the bigger the knife the more limitations.

plus keep in mind two inches is enough. the minimal puncture depth to be terminal if untreated immediately is 2"

top topics

<< 2  3  4   >>

join