It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   
a reply to: Ignatian

what about a dead agressor, can we kill it then???

gawker.com...

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   
a reply to: MOMof3

Every war since man has walked the face of the earth has had innocent children and pregnant women killed. That's an unfortunate fact. War is hell.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 01:27 PM
link   

And women have been having abortions since forever, with or without permission. That is an unfortunate fact.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Yes, this is true. Unfortunately. But it doesn't make it right, and especially appalling when it becomes public policy...then it becomes a wholesale social tragedy, that killing our kids has become acceptable.

Someone once said, a societies "progress" can be measured on how the most vulnerable in that society are treated, the very young, the very old and the completely defenseless.

We live in a throw-away society. We even throw away our unwanted people. We kill them. Wow, have we progressed!!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Preventing someone from being born into a life of poverty is merciful. Much more so than forcing them to be born and then not caring at all about them.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Make a better society. Make better fathers. Teach your children responsibilities starting at two. My girls could tie their shoes by the time they were two cause I worked a lot. I had them baby sitting at babies at 13. I had them on birth control with the first boyfriend came along. We need to reprogram and abortions would not be a desparate choice.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3

Make a better society. Make better fathers. Teach your children responsibilities starting at two. My girls could tie their shoes by the time they were two cause I worked a lot. I had them baby sitting at babies at 13. I had them on birth control with the first boyfriend came along. We need to reprogram and abortions would not be a desparate choice.

That still doesn't address those who didn't have good fathers or weren't taught responsibility... Or have mental illness and depression...

Sorry just hits me at home when I hear parents talk about how great they raised their kids.

Good for you! If only we were all so lucky.
edit on 3-8-2015 by corvuscorrax because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:14 PM
link   
a reply to: corvuscorrax

I learned to raise my kids because my parents were strict. We were whipped with belts and taught fear, not responsibility. Damn right I am proud of my kids.

See, you have a mother here who never had an abortion, and raised three good adults. But, still that is not good enough. No good comment, just a slam. There is no satisfying people like you.
edit on 3-8-2015 by MOMof3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   
a reply to: Gryphon66

Perhaps you believe that rampant dishonestly and obvious fraud favor motherhood somehow? Not on this planet.

Nope, sure don't. Which dishonesty and fraud exactly were you referring to?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Be prideful all you like.

Does nothing for those who weren't as fortunate as you and your kids.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Well, what do you do?

link   

originally posted by: Aazadan

Preventing someone from being born into a life of poverty is merciful. Much more so than forcing them to be born and then not caring at all about them.

WoW

powerful wisdom there.

statistics?

link   

Struggle every day with mental illness and depression.

As my father did before me.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:20 PM
link   
I kind of thing that it was around 13 that my father died and all heck broke out in my house. my mom crawled into a bottle and my brother went wild,....I spend the rest of my time there living with two alchoholics. and well moved out at 16.

and well to be honest, I've known some that were raised in some great households and well, it didn't do much good. my best friend was raise in a christian household had plenty of responsibility given to her, and well, she's the one who I often mention that her husband pushed down the stairs when she was pregnant for the money on payday so he could go out and drunk....
come to think if it, she did seem to have alot of emotional issues connected to the fact that she was adopted.

edit on 3-8-2015 by dawnstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: dawnstar
I kind of thing that it was around 13 that my father died and all heck broke out in my house. my mom crawled into a bottle and my brother went wild,....I spend the rest of my time there living with two alchoholics. and well moved out at 16.

and well to be honest, I've known some that were raised in some great households and well, it didn't do much good. my best friend was raise in a christian household had plenty of responsibility given to her, and well, she's the one who I often mention that her husband pushed down the stairs when she was pregnant for the money on payday so he could go out and drunk....
come to think if it, she did seem to have alot of emotional issues connected to the fact that she was adopted.

Sorry to hear that. Coincidentally my father took his own life. I was 13 at the time too.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:23 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

Ah how ironic, or not, Carlin said the same thing however many decades ago.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:24 PM
link   

I am very sorry. I am very sorry that there are such events in life like, abortions, war, poverty, mental illness. I am really sorry you had family that failed you. That is what all these events really come down to. Break the cycle. My parents were psychos and I broke that cycle.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:25 PM
link   
a reply to: Aazadan

So you want these children to be born while their parents who would prefer to abort have no way to pay for them, then you don't want to pay into the welfare system to take care of them, and as an alternative you won't raise them yourself?

Well, they cannot pay for the children they conceived so just kill them instead.... mmmhmmm
Haven't you heard..."the poor ye shall have with you always". Jesus
A post for you and for Dawnstar: None of this societal stuff about not being able to pay for your children or the scientific research on stem cells justifies the horrible spectre of trafficking aborted baby parts. Animal Rights groups seem to be ok with trafficking baby parts but are horrified by using lab rats in research. Why is that?

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:27 PM
link   

My brother is the one breaking the cycle in our family.

My sister and I are lucky to still be hanging on.

But we still manage an optimistic outlook, despite poor self esteem and severe mental illness.

Luckily my brother has need of me helping watch his children. I'd probably be on the street if not for him.

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 08:39 PM
link   
a reply to: desert

A society where a child's, or adult's for that matter, value lies in the amount of money s/he can generate for someone else?

Well, then I would say by your own logic it is even more reprehensible for the unborn to be sacrificed to Moloch and have their parts sold off at auction, for whatever purpose. You know the saying, "Let us do evil that good may come"....(Romans 3:8)

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10 >>

join