It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:01 PM
link   
Catholic Nun Explains Pro-Life In A Way That Will Stun Many (Especially Republican Lawmakers)

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

I am not religious but this sums up exactly what I think of those supposed pro lifers. They want to fight for the fetus but when it is born, they want nothing to do with the child and will cry about having tax dollars going towards feeding, clothing or educating the child.

+19 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:04 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

She sounds just like I do when I rail on about abortion. The only difference is that I think it should remain legal and safe.

What an amazing nun. She's got the Jesus in her, for sure.

+20 more 
posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:19 PM
link   
I think that it's funny that many of these "pro life" people are also against welfare, food stamps, and contraception. Poor people have babies too, you want them to have these babies no matter what but when it comes to providing for those babies you don't want to lift a finger to help them out. Classic!

You may say that they shouldn't have sex if they don't want babies, but why try to take away something good and pleasurable to them when they are already struggling? You may say that they should wear protection, but accidents happen. You may say they should give the baby up for adoption, but that is to ignore the medical bills that come with pregnancy and childbirth. It's also ignoring the fact that our taxes pay for these adoption centers

Bunch of hypocrites those people.
edit on 7/31/2015 by 3NL1GHT3N3D1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
a reply to: krosnos

During of of the most difficult times of my life, tried by serious clownish tyrannical forces, feeling that my soul was under attack, I went to sleep and had a dream. In it, I (almost an atheist) was taken into a church, run by brothers - monks - of the Catholic church. The walls had been attacked from the outside, but it was still strong within. They took me into a place of spiritual serenity and healing. I saw a vision of heaven, that filled me completely. I went to sleep before that dream thinking I couldn't go on one more day, but after that dream, I woke up the next day ready to go on, the light of the dream filled me for months.

I think spirituality is basically a force: Its as fundamental and real as the laws of physics. There's those who partially understand it, and those who don't at all. I also think that there's basically two catholic churches: One who cover themselves in the regalia, believing in their hearts that its all a lie but seeking to effect politics and power based on the credit earned by the other church, and the other church: The other church is brothers and sisters who aid the poor in the most troubled places, seeking no credit or praise, but become elevated in a real way, a true spiritual way. The former attempt to exert power through manipulating society, the latter actually do exert power by speaking to our souls.

To be fair, I think it's no different for Gandhi, or Buddhist or protestant forces who do good works. Spirituality is like a law of physics. Those who have some mastery, have some mastery. The details are less important. When you feel it, NOTHING is more real.

So nothing makes me happier than hearing about these sisters of mercy (who are there for you when you need them most) challenging to love children all through their lives. Its right and just that we should do so. Their voices, once quiet, are rising in the public ear. We would be DAMN well served to listen to them... The laws of the afterlife aren't totally understood by any group, but they all agree on the central trends: ALL human life has value.

Peace!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Not bad,

but her website is not showing this.

Hmmm.

Sister Joan Chittister

a little suspicious.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

Having a catholic nun call for the care of all children (given a long history care of children via orphanages run by Catholic nuns) would basically be par for the course. I wouldn't worry too much about not seeing those words on her site, I bet it speaks to the heart of many Sisters of Mercy.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Had a feeling this particular poster wasn't going to last long.

I agree with what this nun has to say 100%.

If you are going to sit there and preach that these babies need to be born well then you better be ready to take care of them since you are making the decision for someone else.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:48 PM
link   
Sweet Random Chance! I agree with a nun.

I need to lie down for a bit.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:50 PM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1
I think that it's funny that many of these "pro life" people are also against welfare, food stamps, and contraception. Poor people have babies too, you want them to have these babies no matter what but when it comes to providing for those babies you don't want to lift a finger to help them out.

You find it funny? I find it appalling, as I'm sure you do.

And the more I listen to them prattle on, the more disgusting it becomes.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:28 AM
link   
It's called,"The consistent life ethic". Natural birth to natural death. It is a teaching in the Catholic church. This nun can voice her opinion, but she does not speak for the church.

It is always funny how the pro-death crowd points towards the, "who will take care of these kids" argument when it is the Catholic Church doing the most work to take care of these children.

+7 more 
posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:36 AM
link   
As always George Carlin explains it best.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:41 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

OMG he is so right.
Anti women so darn right.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:10 AM
link   
a reply to: muse7

Race baiting and platitudes, nice addition to the conversation

I also love it how the poor are used to explain the lack in this world. There is enough on this planet to feed and shelter everyone, but yet the argument is still made that it is the greed of the poor that keeps everyone down.

Greed is the dominion of the greedy.

This is somehow justification to kill babies and not give them the chance at life that everyone posting here enjoys.

#Everylifemattersyourheartlessprick
edit on 1-8-2015 by Ettenurb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:50 AM
link   
a reply to: Ettenurb

The only funny part is the pro death bit, cant have a normal conversation so we have to use bad bad words. Great agenda pushing.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:53 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

What are you adding to this conversation?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: krosnos

"I do not believe that just because you're opposed to abortion, that that makes you pro-life. In fact, I think in many cases, your morality is deeply lacking if all you want is a child born but not a child fed, not a child educated, not a child housed. And why would I think that you don't? Because you don't want any tax money to go there. That's not pro-life. That's pro-birth. We need a much broader conversation on what the morality of pro-life is."

I am not religious but this sums up exactly what I think of those supposed pro lifers. They want to fight for the fetus but when it is born, they want nothing to do with the child and will cry about having tax dollars going towards feeding, clothing or educating the child.

So what is your solution to the problem of unwanted pregnancies?

What is your solution for your hatred towards Catholics?

What is your solution for your hatred towards Republicans?

Hate begets hate, and you are full of it.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Ettenurb because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:05 AM
link   
a reply to: Ettenurb

Great reply, you got more gems. Pro death is so, is so in vogue right now, but i just cant put my finger on it.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Ettenurb
It's called,"The consistent life ethic". Natural birth to natural death. It is a teaching in the Catholic church. This nun can voice her opinion, but she does not speak for the church.

Jesus built his church not of wood and stone, but of people, so yes she speaks hundred times more for the Church than anyone else because she's a good hearted human being first and foremost.

Jeff

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
a reply to: dukeofjive696969

Point, counter-point...usually how an argument proceeds. You have nothing to add to this debate. How do you feel about the discussion regarding the supposed views of a Catholic Nun, troll?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:09 AM
link   
What about those of us that are pro-life AND pro-welfare, food stamps, ect?

Well I'm not extreme pro-life, but I'd like more honesty from the pro-choice crowd, and a bit more responsibility on their parts, and some regulation, not a free for all.

Just saying not everyone against abortion because I feel like it, is also against the things that provide support for such a child if born.
edit on 8/1/2015 by Puppylove because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join