It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Left Wing, Right Wing: Who Gives a %&$#

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

That really is shocking! I don't post much in the political forums but I follow threads every now and then. I've run across your posts in them and was sure you were Republican. Or maybe you are but are just registered Democrat? Either way, I didn't expect that.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:34 AM
link   

originally posted by: Gryphon66

I hate pigeon-holing.

Me too.

I cant even pigeon hole my self
My views and opinion change from left to right every other day

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:37 AM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

Same here, I try not to label myself, I consider that a way to see your opinions better or more important than others' opinions.

There are things I agree with on both sides and there are things on both sides that I disagree with. I see it as pointless to start throwing labels all over the place.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:38 AM
link   

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

That really is shocking! I don't post much in the political forums but I follow threads every now and then. I've run across your posts in them and was sure you were Republican. Or maybe you are but are just registered Democrat? Either way, I didn't expect that.

I haven't been a republican in over a decade.

Joined the dems because I wanted to vote against Hillary in the primaries.

And it pisses off my republican friends to no end.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:40 AM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer

originally posted by: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

I haven't been a republican in over a decade.

Joined the dems because I wanted to vote against Hillary in the primaries.

And it pisses off my republican friends to no end.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I remember you saying a few weeks back.

Love it Breezer I really do

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I thought about that and you may be right. You cannot legislate morality, so why do we keep voting for the same old jerks.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:18 PM
link   
a reply to: 3NL1GHT3N3D1

In a political system that maintains the integrity of democracy and vigilantly suppresses corruption, the liberal and conservative ideologies and parties have deep utility as frameworks from which to negotiate compromises that serve a country well.

In the ethically bankrupt political system we have evolved to, the right vs. left paradigm's principle utility is as a mechanism to pander and manipulate donors and voters to further the personal careers and ambitions of politicians. Politicians think about themselves first and the nation's health and welfare are far down on the priority list if at all.

It is not that they are all horrible people...it is that the system has evolved to reward self-interest vs. service to the country via the campaign finance laws, how much elections cost and lax regulations that afford politicians to profit greatly before, during and after service.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: MOMof3
a reply to: Reallyfolks

I thought about that and you may be right. You cannot legislate morality, so why do we keep voting for the same old jerks.

Again...we have a system of elections that rewards and elevates "jerks"...aka flash over substance, ambition over service, self-interest over the nations welfare.

We need systematic change that at the very least allows good men and women to compete in elections. Right now, you have to be willing to sell yourself for 10-20 million just to step out onto the field and play.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:29 PM
link   
I don't know what all you people are complaining about; we have the best damn political system that money can buy!!

edit on 1-8-2015 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:24 PM
link   

The extreme left or right is bad, bad for the individual bad for us collectively. When I was younger I loved Ronald Reagan, I considered myself a Republican. Ronny never would have served two terms if it wasn't for Reagan democrats or conservative democrats. Both parties have historically been comprised of all the leaning, conservative, liberal, and progressive and they were a more balanced party with more middle of the road views, and the interests of the country and all the people were more represented.

Actions from administration have a trickle down effect, Reagan's trickle down economics hurt the poor and middle class starting in the 90's, his war on drugs caused Clinton to hire 600k cops nationwide when it wasn't necessary. Clinton's relaxing government regulation on banks lead to the crash the mid 2000's, Clinton's passing GHB's NAFTA really saw the export of most manufacturing jobs in the late 90's and early to mid 2000's. Clinton's getting rid of the fair use or time laws, have seen the rise of extreme right wing media. GWB's war on terror have turned us into a police state a decade latter, the effects from Obama is only beginning to be felt but we won't feel the full effect for another 5ish or so years. I think seeing drones all around us will be a common thing in the future, and untold penalties based on the aca could become the new norm in the future.

I'm not a registered voter, I have lost faith in the system, I do like Bernie and he is the only candidate I like, but I have been fooled before (my support for Reagan, Clinton, Obama) so I have serious trust issues with our government. I also have serious issues with the people, I have never witnessed a 2nd amendment solution to any of the rights we have already lost other than the bundy ranch and that turned out to be a massive fraud based on right wing media.

I haven't witnessed the democrat party caving to the far left, the democrats are still filled with conservatives, liberals and progressive, this gives them moderation and balance in there governance, it isn't prefect but it clearly makes them the lesser of the two evils, in the past this was good enough for me, but today I'm tired of it all.

The republicans however had done everything they can do to become more extreme. We have seen the rise of the right wing media, perhaps this was needed to counter the liberal press, but if you still believe in the liberal media I think your seriously fooling yourself. The actions of the right has really weakened our ability to govern ourselves. There unyielding support of the elite class, the introduction of a authoritarian police state based on profit disgusts me to no end. The war with no end, the demonizing of diplomacy, the unyielding increases towards the military industrial complex from both sides of the isle is now the status quo.

The day Obama was elected the republicans publicly stated they would oppose all things he brought to the table, in fact there are very few things they have supported him on, like the NDAA, and the TTP figures they would support Obama when it came to hurting the average person.

The republicans need to move away from the extreme and they really need to seek moderation and balance. I don't see this happening anytime soon. Hilary sucks but she is way more moderate than any republican running for office, this alone explains why she is doing better in the polls.

You know your on the wrong path when you depend on voters not showing up to the voting booths to win.

The product brand the republicans are selling revolts me, and there is no way I can support them. The democrats has a chance to get me to register and its based on Obama actions in the next year. If we see changes in a positive direction regarding a liveable wage, the war on drugs, terror, and prison and criminal justice reform I'll register to vote, if I don't see any changes Ill hope the country burns, we can then rebuild into something I can believe in.

Being partisan is a human reality that is unavoidable.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 02:40 PM
link   

This thread is fricken hilarious !

And whilst you folks are bickering over your silly little myopic definitions of labels and pigeon holes and party lines and wing sides and what you're for and what you're against....

The banksters and corporate lobbyists and corrupt politicians and one-percenters are all laughing their asses off at your expense on your dime all the way to the bank !

Deny ignorance indeed.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   
a reply to: CranialSponge

How perfect is your government?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:55 PM
link   

How perfect is your government?

Perfect ?

They're not even close, in fact they're a joke. Thank you Harper.

But we aren't too busy bickering amongst ourselves over who's label is better to be completely distracted by the corruption going on all around us.

We don't give a damn who voted for who's party, who believes in what, or what side of the fence you sit on. When it comes to fighting for equality and human rights and standard of living for everyone across the board, as a country we unite quite nicely on that front. Faux political ideologies get tossed aside.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Spider vs wasp who wins,the guy with the bug catcher I guess,

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:22 PM
link   
I used to be a lefty, a total lefty, until I realized balance is the best option, stay in the center as much as you can, but most of all be rational!

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I couldn't agree more OP.

Great Post.

Rebel 5

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join