It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of keeping Alien Life from the public?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

originally posted by: Afdcs
a reply to: Phantom423

Just seems unreasonable that after all this time, all the "evidence", all the sightings, hardly anyone in the civilian sector has ever shaken hands with one.
Any opinions on this?

You mean other than the millions of people abducted by aliens?
I don't know about shaking hands, but there's been a lot of people up on their examination table.

How do you confirm that they were actually on an examination table being studied by aliens? I don't know one way or the other whether it's true. But do you? How do you substantiate the claims?

that's a tricky one, you would have to encapsulate the entire event, unfortunately you would have to have god mode on, so all sorts of physics shattering events would have to take place

stage 1 freeze the space and time around the event and its abducting and abducted occupants,

stage 2 scoop the event out of it's continuity, making sure not to spill any of the runny bits
*dap any spills with loose microblack holes you have*

stage 3 freeze planet earth and gather up entire occupants into a comfortable viewing position, say Tenerife

stage 4 serve special scoop to the ravenous eyes of the waiting crowd, making sure that windows and viewing angles cover the whole sordid doings

sit back and wait for tips

funbox

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:08 PM
link   
a reply to: Ghost147

Because then even people like you would see them for
what they really are. And that's just not the plan.

Why else?
edit on Rpm80815v10201500000010 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:35 PM
link   
a reply to: br0ker

But lets put that aside. Answering the question would bring a pletoria of follow up questions, and the truth is simply to scary for the general public. That would be a good reason.

I couldn't agree more, great point.

It wouldn't take a minute after disclosure before the hard questions start:

"What do they want?"
"How do we know for sure that what they say they want is really what they want?"
"Are these beings capable of lying, and do we have any evidence that they have ever lied to us?"
"How can we be sure anything they tell us is true?"

"Will they stop contact and go away if we ask them to?"
"Can we force them to leave or are we helpless to resist them in any significant way?"
"How many alien races are actually coming here? One? Five? Dozens? Where do they all come from and what do they all want? Are they stealing our people or our natural resources? Are any of them actually helping us in any significant way?"
"Is time travel involved, and if so, have they altered our timeline?"
"Do they have a god? Is he stronger than our god? Or are they our god? Or are they pretending to be?"
"Do any aliens eat us?"

How many people really want to know the answers to these questions?

To quote Spinal Tap, "Best left unsolved..."

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:40 PM
link   

Pretty much everyone who doesn't make up phony stories about contact and proclaim that the masses 'couldn't handle it' at every available opportunity, in a vain attempt to stroke their own inflated ego.

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:53 PM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

I wonder if that guy could fit into that big eye of yours

shocking scence ensue *warning*

funbox

posted on Aug, 8 2015 @ 11:59 PM
link   
a reply to: funbox

That looks like a cross between The Wall and MST3000

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:00 AM
link   
a reply to: Ectoplasm8

Badtaste, that'll probably get removed soon

funbox

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 12:10 AM
link   
a reply to: funbox

Hahaha I remember that movie. Good stuff.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 01:05 AM
link   
a reply to: TrueMessiah

This seems to be the case and in a nutshell, it's basically fear.

That which I underlined in your post is an understatement. It's to the point now where this reluctance to accept the situation is resulting in vacuous and inane denial from some here. Very often, alternatives with far less credibility than this phenomenon are given in effort to compensate for this fear.

Thanks, TM, I agree with you on this. Some real gymnastics of logic are concocted and often accepted in efforts to dismiss the subject.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Unfortunately, most of the worlds wars, violence, and power.. is directly influenced though religion. Religion has always been a method of control.

I'm not trying to insult anyone here, but in the past. The ones in power would manipulate, change , skew religion, or beliefs to gain control.

A king/monarch that everyone hates and wants to kill. But uh oh... you cannot kill him because you will eternally be burned in hell. Then of course the ones in power could "talk" with god. So don't you dare hurt them or claim that anything they say is false.. because you wouldn't want "god" to judge you.

Its unfortunate that in THIS day in age. We still have simple minds believing fantasy's from thousands of years past. Until we can break the mold. We will never get over this hump of greed, war, and control.

..Back on topic. The majority of the world to this day is still driven by strict religion. Announcing life anywhere off world.. counters what they've been taught. We still have arguments to this day regarding the age of the planet. Its as if the 150 million year old dinosaur bones are manufactured. They cannot accept physical evidence. How could you POSSIBLY expect those same individuals to accept that there god might not be the true god. Or that Earth is NOT special.. but very common and if anything. Underwhelming compared to whats out there.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   

originally posted by: ZetaRediculian
a reply to: Afdcs

We cannot stop them if we wanted to.
We do not know where they come from, or what they want.
We cannot stop the abduction program.
We cannot stop their hybridization program.
We do not know why they are creating hybrids.
We cannot stop them from using you to create offspring against your will.
We can't even stop them from pulling you out of your car, or out of your own bed. Your children, too.

Heh, we cant even keep you from creating multiple accounts and junking up the forum with nonsense.

Nonsense? So do you live in another reality or something... because all the things that member just listed are pretty accurate as a matter of fact.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

We can't even stop them from pulling you out of your car, or out of your own bed. Your children, too.

Heh, we cant even keep you from creating multiple accounts and junking up the forum with nonsense.

Quoted for truth.

We hear your alternative explanations on the list Afdcs just posted. Anytime...

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: Phantom423

Just seems unreasonable that after all this time, all the "evidence", all the sightings, hardly anyone in the civilian sector has ever shaken hands with one.
Any opinions on this?

You mean other than the millions of people abducted by aliens?
I don't know about shaking hands, but there's been a lot of people up on their examination table.

How do you confirm that they were actually on an examination table being studied by aliens? I don't know one way or the other whether it's true. But do you? How do you substantiate the claims?

Multiple abductees at the same time, external witnesses that spotted the ship and even the aliens around, people that cannot be found when the abduction is taking place, clear physical marks that match the memories, clear patterns replicated over and over coming from people that never knew each other in a time when the media exposition on the subject were almost non existant (also, no cable TV, no internet, no smartphones), members of the same family that at some point realize they have been having the same experiences. So yeah, it's pretty obvious those episodes were as real as anything else.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 02:37 PM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance

Pretty much everyone who doesn't make up phony stories about contact and proclaim that the masses 'couldn't handle it' at every available opportunity, in a vain attempt to stroke their own inflated ego.

You're talking about the people that most of the time won't even want to talk about those experfiences and just wish it was all a bad dream, but they know it's not the case?

Ignoring the extensive bibliography on the subject is clearly not wise. Are you here just to troll?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 04:52 PM
link   

originally posted by: JackHill

Nonsense? So do you live in another reality or something... because all the things that member just listed are pretty accurate as a matter of fact.

are you here just to troll?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 05:38 PM
link   

Not sure how to take your reply. Do you believe that governments or those in control, whoever they are, are so powerful that they can hide behind a curtain with a massive amount of evidence? Or do you think, as I do, that it's impossible given the number of people it would involve to keep this type of information hidden? And once again, why would aliens communicate only with governments? Perhaps there is some advantage to them, but how long could it be held as a secret?

Well I'll gladly give you my opinion. But it is just an opinion.

Firstly I'll give you the background to it based on what I've looked into: -

Based on the available documented evidence in officially released papers it suggests that there were real fears about the "saucers" in the early 1950s. This in turn did result in a cover up of information. The military of the NATO allies did not know what was appearing to be violating our airspace and there was major concern on both sides of the Atlantic. With the Soviets developing their own H-bomb and tensions of the Cold War there was a very serious risk that one of these 'saucers' may trigger a nuclear incident. At the same time there was a growing fascination with the possibility of life on other worlds. The seemingly crazy 'Contactee' movement had started and the movies were exploring the concept with many trashy B-movies and a few really thoughtful ones such as the "Day the Earth Stood Still".

So it was decided to dampen down public excitement with all this in mind whilst also studying whatever this phenomenon is. The intelligence services also became involved and utilised the phenomena to create a whole bogus UFO and alien 'mythology'. This was mainly to conceal their development of spy technology and secret aircraft in the Cold War.

The 'phenomena' for want of a better word is real and exists but really is of little or no "significance" in terms of defending the US and it's allies airspace. It is not a real threat because it is not something as simple as biological creatures in small spacecraft buzzing the locals of planet earth. Nor is it something which is understood in more than rudimentary terms by us humans. But it can and does affect our perceptions in close proximity.

There is proably no "Alien Treaty" with the USA. Think about it.

The Soviet Union, who fought all through WWII and lost around 20m casualties, was much better set up for aliens to make a treaty with. State sponsored secrecy along with citizens disappearing in the night was part of the culture. Presidents did not come and go every 4 years or so. Other than American egocentricism why would aliens choose the US over the USSR to make a treaty with as the UFO lore goes. Surely abductions would be easier behind the hyper secret iron curtain?

Even if there was a treaty with the little grey guys made by Eisenhower then why did they not turn up in force until after the movie "Close Encounters of the Third Kind" appeared on our screens a quarter of a century later?

So that's the background to what I've read up on. My own personal thinking is that our governments do not know what is going on. The only cover-up was during the Cold War. Once that was over in the 1990s the need to use UFOs as back stories for secret military tests has reduced massively. Is it any coincidence that once the Phoenix Lights slowly blinked out that there are very few good UFO stories since '97?

Even alien abductions seem nowhere near as prevalent as they once did.

Does this all mean there is nothing 'alien' to it all? Of course not but that there is an awful, awful lot of crap out there.

There are the crazies and attention seekers making it up, then even more of it put out by the letter agencies,now it is peddled by those financially locked into the "UFO entertainment industry".

The truth is still out there but it may not be the truth you, or even I, once thought it was.

edit on 9/8/15 by mirageman because: typos

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:21 PM
link   
a reply to: JackHill

It still sounds circumstantial. Hard evidence would include something unique about the markings - something that couldn't be replicated with any human surgical tool or instrument which would make a permanent impression. Or something tangible that all the abductees have in common. That doesn't seem to exist - at least to my knowledge.
Even before the internet and cable TV, these stories were around in various publications. Similar reports may be just that - similar. The mind can play tricks and what seems like exactly the same event to one person could turn out to be quite different.

Apparently all these abductees are eventually returned. Are there abductees who have never returned? Have any of them been abducted for any significant length of time that would cause others to wonder where they are? If so, what happened when they returned?

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 06:40 PM
link   
a reply to: mirageman

Thanks for the explanation. You've done some homework. What you say makes sense as far as governments are concerned. Governments today couldn't hide a needle in a haystack much less find one.

But you also mentioned that these phenomena do exist and that humans are not capable of understanding it. Sounds like you're inferring beings from another dimension or universe? Perhaps they're traveling through a wormhole or maybe some of us are "entangled" with aliens and don't realize it. All sorts of interesting hypotheses.

But again, as Fermi said "If the universe is teeming with life, where is everybody??"

Still, interesting stuff.

edit on 9-8-2015 by Phantom423 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:02 PM
link   

But you also mentioned that these phenomena do exist and that humans are not capable of understanding it. Sounds like you're inferring beings from another dimension or universe? Perhaps they're traveling through a wormhole or maybe some of us are "entangled" with aliens and don't realize it. All sorts of interesting hypotheses.

I'm not speaking for mirageman but I just want to add that one thing we are not capable of understanding yet is consciousness. The human mind is very complex and we have yet to rule out that the phenomenon is purely psychological. Despite the insistence by some that there are "Multiple abductees at the same time" and other such assertions, any investigation into any particular case doesn't really support those assertions.

posted on Aug, 9 2015 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Lloyd Pye - Everything You Know Is Wrong

www.youtube.com...

This is a good video that helps explain the human origin.
Being a Christian I now question religion and it's true origin.

Lloyd Pye - Starchild DNA Discovery 2010 Lecture

www.youtube.com...

This may question to why aliens may not want to speak with us.
Because they created us.
edit on 9-8-2015 by Informer1958 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join