It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is the point of keeping Alien Life from the public?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I admit I am not very knowledgeable of the alleged types of aliens that are supposed to exists (Greys and all that), so out of ignorance I want to ask those more knowledgeable: What's the point?

Really? What is the point of keeping alien life from the public. It doesn't matter if it's super advanced alien life, or microscopic organisms that we may have found on mars, or anything in between.

There are topics and posts everywhere on ATS that say "NASA knows there's alien life out there but is keeping it from us" or "Our government is working/under control from aliens and is keeping it from us". I just don't get it.

Let's say Curiosity did find microscopic organisms on mars, why would that make a difference here on Earth other than more knowledge?

Let's say the astronaut footage really was cut off and they censored the part where the astronaughts on the moon really did encounter intelligent beings other than humans? Why keep that from the public?

Let's say those snipped real-time recordings of earth really did have an alien UFO ship fly into the screen. Why does its existence to the public need to be secret?

Let's say on-earth encounters are actually factual and crafts really did land on/crash on Earth. Why keep it from the public?

I'm just not seeing the big picture here. Could someone explain?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Perhaps there is nothing to hold back from the public. Maybe the entire alien business was just a case of run-amok social memes and they haven't found intelligent life or bacteria.

Just a thought.
edit on 31-7-2015 by introvert because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:06 PM
link   
a reply to: introvert

Definitely a possibility. Although, I feel there are simply too many incidences that almost definitively portray the existence of Alien life.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Thats easy because they feel people are to immature and stupid to understand that they are part of a vast universe. Lets look at life in our own world how do we get along with each other. . . . How do we treat our animals and plant life? We dont see each other as part of ourselves we see everything as different and are stuck in a dualistic point of view.

If people knew what was really going on they might not continue to stay the course with thier life choices.

I think it would be good to just come out and tell the truth to the people, perhaps when a new power takes over at the top levels of government we may see some change in the awareness allowed to the people.
edit on 31-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2015 by FormOfTheLord because: (no reason given)

link   

originally posted by: Ghost147

Definitely a possibility. Although, I feel there are simply too many incidences that almost definitively portray the existence of Alien life.

If you view it through a lens that already believes in such things, it may skew the reality of what you really saw.

link   
a reply to: Ghost147

I've thought about this many times. All the usual arguments (like religious people freaking out) just don't hold any water, imo. Hypothetically speaking, if there is government knowledge of alien visitations to earth, there is only one good reason I can think of to hide it from the public. That reason being that the higher echelons of power were colluding with the "visitors" for nefarious purposes. Agreeing to let the public be abducted and harvested for certain reasons, etc. Something so heinous that if the truth ever got out there would be a global revolution.

The simplest answer is that there are no aliens visiting the earth, and while there is a UFO phenomenon, it isn't about little grey men from Zeta Reticuli.

Which scenario is correct, I won't pretend to know. But I feel like the simplest solution is probably the right one. I've been studying the subject of UFO's since I was little, and to be perfectly honest I'm not so sure there is as much truth to it as I once did.
edit on 31-7-2015 by DeadSeraph because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   
2 things. People would freak out. At least they would have back when they started lying. Now it's just about maintaining the status quo.

We're almost ready though I think.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:15 PM
link   
My thinking was that they would do it to prevent rioting and lawlessness. Why would there be such a thing? In older days I think that the proof of extraterrestrial beings would be synonymous with disproof of God and the exposure of religion as a fraud perpetrated by mankind. These days, I think religions are more scientifically aware and could fold it into the canon without such huge implications. So, there isn't much point these days I don't think, so good question!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: introvert

originally posted by: Ghost147

If you view it through a lens that already believes in such things, it may skew the reality of what you really saw.

I would usually agree with you on the context of this post. But, it's not a matter of bias. There are simply many cases which I'm not saying definitely prove alien life, but more so lead to a high probability that the incident did really involve them.

Until there is conclusive proof, I'm "agnostic" about the situation that we've actually met any.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Here is one possible explanation.

The Roman Catholic Church has an observatory on Mount Graham. The Lucifer Telescope Project run by Jesuits.

Christians will not immediately need to renounce their faith in God “simply on the basis of the reception of [this] new, unexpected information of a religious character from extraterrestrial civilizations.” However, once the “religious content” originating from outside the earth “has been verified” they will have to conduct “a re-reading [of the Gospel] inclusive of the new data…”

– Vatican Astronomer, Eminent Theologian and Full Professor of Fundamental Theology at the Pontificia Università della Santa Croce in Rome [Connected With Opus Dei], Father Giuseppe Tanzella-Nitti

edit on 31-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:19 PM
link   

originally posted by: FormOfTheLord
Thats easy because they feel people are to immature and stupid to understand that they are part of a vast universe. Lets look at life in our own world how do we get along with each other. . . . How do we treat our animals and plant life? We dont see each other as part of ourselves we see everything as different and are stuck in a dualistic point of view.

If people knew what was really going on they might not continue to stay the course with thier life choices.

I think it would be good to just come out and tell the truth to the people, perhaps when a new power takes over at the top levels of government we may see some change in the awareness allowed to the people.

I just can't see a disclosure leading to the issue's you've suggested. Yes, some people would freakout, some may even go off the deep end and kill themselves or others for whatever reason. But, honestly, those kind of people are already mentally unstable, and there is no really strong population of them.

Which is why I don't see a disclosure leading to a mass freak-out session at a global scale. It just doesn't seem likely.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:22 PM
link   

originally posted by: infolurker

Here is on possible explanation.

Christians will not immediately need to renounce their faith in God “simply on the basis of the reception of [this] new, unexpected information of a religious character from extraterrestrial civilizations.” However, once the “religious content” originating from outside the earth “has been verified” they will have to conduct “a re-reading [of the Gospel] inclusive of the new data…”

– Vatican Astronomer, Eminent Theologian and Full Professor of Fundamental Theology at the Pontificia Università della Santa Croce in Rome [Connected With Opus Dei], Father Giuseppe Tanzella-Nitti

I have my serious doubts that most christians would immediately renounce their faith in good. Would they need to, yes, because it completely counters the Bible. But so does virtually everything else we see on a day to day basis. I mean, most of them still can't accept even the most basic scientific theories no matter how much evidence there is that supports them. Why aliens would make a difference doesn't really hold much weight to their perception of reality.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:26 PM
link   

Oh, you don't get it.

This is an "Alien Deception".

See: Exo Vaticana

Actually, if time, watch the video in last post.
edit on 31-7-2015 by infolurker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:27 PM
link   
I think we're long overdue for microbial life to be announced. Even a signal light years away wouldn't cause global unrest. We're ready, we've been prepared through television, movies, books and music for decades now -- kids today almost expect it exists.

Dear "people in charge" -- just rip it off like a band aid and release the information.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Religion that controles billions of people would go belly up if we ever meet an alien life form.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:33 PM
link   

originally posted by: dukeofjive696969
Religion that controles billions of people would go belly up if we ever meet an alien life form.

You would think so, but then again, science exists and religion still does.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Well ask Orson Wells .....When he had a broad cast of War of the Worlds on October 30 1938, people panicked....Though it was a invasion type story, it showed humanity was not ready for discloser.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm totally down with a big, warm, tentacle-hug.
I don't think it would bother me much.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:40 PM
link   
a reply to: zbeliever

I think the context of that story verses a more innocent one would lead to a different conclusion. If the story was about Russia attacking the us, the citizens would have acted the same way. It's not about aliens in that story that lead to a panicky situation, it was that they were being attacked.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:41 PM
link   
Why would the state ever want to admit they don't have a monopoly on power?

The existence of ET obliterates the notion of state supremacy; the government is no longer the end-all-be-all of authority. The maturity of the established order is called into question.

Those prospects terrify both the state and its subjects.

If you believe in that sorta stuff. Personally I think the whole thing is a scam. Nefarious social engineering on a global scale. But I digress...

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join