It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How do YOU gather your information as quick as possible?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Hi
I thought I'd start a thread on the techniques individuals use to keep on top of the ever changing news. What search engines, subscriptions, websites, paper news and does anyone keep a physical record of your own investigations.
My own method that I use is basically picking one event in recent history and going through all aspects of the case. I use mostly Google and access to the information output from the cases local area.
By this method I am able to notice patterns which lead to other events. Nothing really special but works for me.

Are there any great search engines for this or are we stuck with Google forever? And who seems on the ball?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:31 PM
link   
a reply to: liteonit6969

In my view, investigation is different to research. One can research something without leaving the house, but investigation is best achieved by interacting with spaces, materials, and people involved with a given event. For example, I once created a thread on the matter of a substance left on our windows by a passing storm. That thread detailed my investigation of the stuff, from noticing the presence of the stuff, to taking samples, all the way to having a fellow from the museum check it out.

That thread contained photographic records of the various stages of the investigation, and is hosted right here on ATS. However, the samples were kept for a time, then disposed of once the identity of the substance had become known. The photographs remain in the hard disk of my computer.

Research however, for me at least, is an activity which involves relying on others investigative capacity, in order to gain insight. It involves reading and compiling vast amounts of data, but not discovering new data to share!

new topics

join