It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch In The Matrix

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:11 AM
link   
also there are times when you read a word, number or sentence, then look away... think about it and notice what you just read made no sense or was wrong. you look at it again only to find out now there is the right number, word etc.

bad reading or a correction of the matrix as soon as you got aware..?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:28 AM
link   
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Seems there's a pattern amongst ATS members? Someone letting you know they've been in your house....

I wouldn't bet on it being the matrix or ghosts........

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
It's simple and odd little things that most brush off with a shrug...

I have no idea what happened last Saturday other than a glitch in the Matrix, here's the story:
It was a regular Saturday afternoon, a friend and me made lunch and I said let's watch TV while we eat. (everyone else was outback in the pool swimming) I walked over to the living-room and was looking for the remote which is good size and white, you can't miss it, especially since the sofa and coffee table are dark colors. My friend then came over sat his cell phone down on the table and was looking all around for the remote. We both gave up and sat down. I moved a pillow off the coffee table and put my plate down and he was getting situated on the sofa, we took our eyes off the coffee table at the exact same time for a split second, he went to sit his plate down and was reaching for his cell phone AND there it was, the remote placed upside down on the coffee table right next to his cell phone, so close it was almost touching. He picked it up in disbelief and looked at me, and asked "where did that come from?" He went on to say I'm glad we have each other for witnesses because no one would believe this and I agreed!
It literally just appeared out of no where. It gave us the creeps! I know he didn't place it there because I could see him the entire time, I also seen him sit his cell phone on the table and the remote was not there. The sofa is new so it had a blanket over it with no where for the remote to slip down into plus I had already looked where he had sat the remote was not there!
Not sure if this is worth noting but after he picked up the remote I noticed some weird particles on the table in the shape of the remote.

The house has a open floor plan so you can see to every room. The sofa is L shaped and the coffee table sits right in front of both sections. It's impossible for someone to come by and place it there without anyone seeing.

How is this the #2 thread? Your friend and yourself were distracted with a task, when you are paying attention to one thing your brain literally alters your perception so that other signigant things become "incvicible" to you. For example... selective attention test: youtu.be...

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

Put simply...this is a glitch in the visual perceptual system.

"the remote which is good size and white, you can't miss it, especially since the sofa and coffee table are dark colors"

While you think the contrast would make it easier to spot, the contrast can actually make some things harder to spot.

For example...Take the "Selective Attention Test"

I would also argue that the fact the remote is the unusual color of White messed with you "Selective Attention" perceptual centers.
edit on 1-8-2015 by Indigo5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   
Things like this happen to me a lot, but usually with pockets.

The first time for me was when I reached into my pocket to grab an item (I can't recalll what it was). For some reason it's not there anymore, I search and even pull out my pocket and it's just gone. Then sometime later (I noted that it can be from minutes to months), I would reach into my pocket and it'd somehow be back in there.

This has happened to me a bunch!

So now when people can't find things they placed in their bags or pockets, I tell them to wait because it will reappear soon.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

It's called domestic blindness and it happens to the best of us.

The same thing has happened to me-my remote and my wallet has seemingly disappeared only to be found a short while later-in a very visible position. Habitual behavior can make you lose something quite easily, If your wallet is not in the place where you usually put it then you have absently put it somewhere else.

edit on 1-8-2015 by Thecakeisalie because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:14 PM
link   

originally posted by: alienscot1

I have experienced the same type of thing. The fact you had a witness with you who also was searching is good. Then it would have to be both of you that had a moment of not seeing as people are saying. No one has mentioned the particles underneath the remote. What were they like?
I don't have an explanation I'm afraid just similar experiences. Also some things that were never found, just vanished into the air altogether.

It was a sticky, nearly transparent powder/dusting in the shape of the remote. Kinda hard to describe. I was able to see it due to the midday light coming in from the glass doors and from where I was sitting.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: cclay6482
One semester in college I lived with a guy in a trailer. The trailer was typical of most, with the master bedroom on one end, and two smaller bedrooms (with a bath) on the other. He owned it, so he had the master, and I was in one of the other bedrooms. He and I were the only ones in the trailer, and he never did or needed to come over to my "end" of the trailer.

One evening, right before I went to bed, I remembered I needed to iron a shirt for some event the next day. So I got out all the stuff and ironed the shirt. Not having a good place to stash a hot iron, I placed it right in the middle of the bathtub/shower combo so it could cool off safely. The next morning, I got up, showered, got ready for class, and left for the day.

Later that afternoon, I got back to the trailer, let myself in, and walked back to my room and the bathroom. To my surprise, the iron was sitting in the middle of the bathtub, just like I left it the previous evening. Thing is, it absolutely was not there that morning. I confirmed that my roomate did not borrow it early that morning, and we were the only ones in the trailer. Given there is no way I could have showered with the iron in the bathtub, I have no idea where it was at during that time, or how it got back in place by that afternoon.

That is very interesting! Life certainly has mystery's to which we may never know the answers to.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I have told this story before on ATS, but when my daughter was around 8, she had a favorite pink hoodie that she wore all the time. One day, she was very distraught when she couldn't find it. Over the next few days I looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere. It simply was not in our house. I assumed she had left it at school or at a friend's. A couple of weeks later, I walk into the master bedroom, and the pink hoodie is laying in the middle of the floor.

I brought it to my daughter, and her reaction of surprise (and happiness) was so genuine that I knew she hadn't put it there as a joke or something. I still have no clue where that hoodie was for 2weeks or how it got on my bedroom floor. One of life's strange mysteries.

When I was 11, I saw a ghost an elderly Man in our bedroom looking at us, he clearly meant no harm and just disappeared. We had many many unexplained things happen, the worst was the doors to the outside being opened at night all the time even with locks and chains.
One day my little sister and I bought new shoes for school that would start soon white patent leather shoes both pairs alike, we put them in a hall armoire that was near the outside door. The next morning mine was missing and never found.

I have experienced many things like the OP but one of the oddest was because it was over weeks of time. I have a special hair comb that is 30 years old I keep it in the bath cabinet in a box on top of hair ties and barrettes and such. One day it was gone and I looked and looked I went through the whole house.

I though "ok sometimes it is right where it should be but we don't see it" so I took each object out of the box, looked at it named it and sat it aside. No comb. The weeks went by and I moved all the furniture in the house determined to find it and again removed each item from the box. Then I gave up and bought another comb, that day I went to put the new comb in the box and my special comb was on top of the stuff there right where it should be.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:23 PM
link   

originally posted by: kaylaluv
I have told this story before on ATS, but when my daughter was around 8, she had a favorite pink hoodie that she wore all the time. One day, she was very distraught when she couldn't find it. Over the next few days I looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere. It simply was not in our house. I assumed she had left it at school or at a friend's. A couple of weeks later, I walk into the master bedroom, and the pink hoodie is laying in the middle of the floor.

I brought it to my daughter, and her reaction of surprise (and happiness) was so genuine that I knew she hadn't put it there as a joke or something. I still have no clue where that hoodie was for 2weeks or how it got on my bedroom floor. One of life's strange mysteries.

It makes me wonder what is really going on when things like this happen. I am very glad she got her hoodie back. I have 2 daughters and can identify with how important to them certain items can be!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:25 PM
link   

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
This stuff happens.

I lost my key around 2003. I found it some years later. On the couch. We'd searched the entire house. And there it was. The key was down the side of the couch and the keyring (which was BRIGHT green and long... like a phone coil) on the couch (sticking out).... We'd moved the couch, hoovered the couch, and... well, sat on the couch over those years. Never once did we see that key.

It just appeared one day... as if it has always been there.

Any idea's of how it just reappeared there or what do you suspect happened?
edit on 1-8-2015 by Staroth because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:33 PM
link   
yep, yep....now get this....the two items were placed very closely...almost touching means someone really wanted you to remark.....

maybe someone from that long line of granddads.....or mums....guess they're proud of ya
edit on 1-8-2015 by GBP/JPY because: our new King.....He comes right after a nicely done fake one

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Just a note to everyone who contributed great stories of similar things happening: Thank you, I really appreciate and enjoyed reading your post! Life is full of mysteries and it is so easy to assume a logical " yet unknown" explanation when there simply just isn't one. I think some of us are more intuitive and curious when comes to strange events like this. While we do not have an answer at least we are keenly aware and do not shrug it off as a mere oversight.

Thanks again!
Staroth

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
a reply to: kaylaluv
I've lost things in my house like that before, only to have them turn up years later.
My daughter thinks there is a hole in reality here somewhere in the house. And whatever
is on the other side finally notices and throws it back.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I believe both are true to an extent as i have experienced both.

Early 20's hanging round friends flats with the usual group we would often misplace things and they were invariably found right in front of us - something we noticed so after a few times as soon as anybody couldn't find anything everyone else would say it's probably right in front of you and usually it was. Not seeing the wood for the trees.

I have also had things disappear completely and mysteriously return hours/days/ weeks later - from tools to the oddest one which was the battery for the light in an oven/cooker - just disappeared one day and it wasn't a standard shape so didnt have a spare - so although had no idea where the battery could have gone there wasn't much i was going to do about it. Anyway a few weeks later the light came back on -the battery had returned! Glitch

There are loads of stories like these and I remember years back George Ure of urbansurvival.com (i think) was collating them if not him then no idea but they had some fascinating stories including people coming out of doors they couldn't have. There may have even be a tv show about it. Will see if i can find a link.

not the site i remember but has loads of glitches
realityshifters.com...
ed it on 1-8-2015 by johnb because: link

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Dont worry, unless Neo shows up at your door and offers you the pill's choice!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006
a reply to: MrConspiracy

Seems there's a pattern amongst ATS members? Someone letting you know they've been in your house....

I wouldn't bet on it being the matrix or ghosts........

Oh dear... Which is creepier?

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:07 PM
link   

originally posted by: Thecakeisalie

It's called domestic blindness and it happens to the best of us.

The same thing has happened to me-my remote and my wallet has seemingly disappeared only to be found a short while later-in a very visible position. Habitual behavior can make you lose something quite easily, If your wallet is not in the place where you usually put it then you have absently put it somewhere else.

Whilst I'm sure this is often the case. It can't explain why something would show up in a place, years later, after looking for it. (ie, my key showing up on my couch after it being missing for years and... using the couch!)

edit on 1-8-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 03:20 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

originally posted by: MrConspiracy
This stuff happens.

I lost my key around 2003. I found it some years later. On the couch. We'd searched the entire house. And there it was. The key was down the side of the couch and the keyring (which was BRIGHT green and long... like a phone coil) on the couch (sticking out).... We'd moved the couch, hoovered the couch, and... well, sat on the couch over those years. Never once did we see that key.

It just appeared one day... as if it has always been there.

Any idea's of how it just reappeared there or what do you suspect happened?

I truly have no Idea. It was actually my locker key for school. I had to buy a new one. Then years later I found it on my couch. It was very strange! I have no explanation.... I'm thinking ooparts but not as cool!

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:48 PM
link   
Wow I marvel at the militancy of discredit whenever true encounters are broached
but the tame response to inconsequential theoretical hypotheses
The lions feast whenever real information circulates but they dissemble themselves as skeptics rather than true poachers of top secret lore even though they most likely are

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join