It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Glitch In The Matrix

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Staroth

I have no idea what happened last Saturday other than a glitch in the Matrix

I've lost stuff before, didn't blame the matrix. Turns out i've been looking at the object all along.......
can't see the forest for the trees kinda thing.....

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:35 PM
link   

originally posted by: EA006

I've lost stuff before, didn't blame the matrix. Turns out i've been looking at the object all along.......

My perception is pretty on point, highly doubt it was overlooked.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:41 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth
a reply to: greencmp

I don't smoke, or do drugs and rarely drink except socially or while on Holiday.

Shame

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
My wife always says "Did you have real look or just a man look?"

Scally

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   
LOL! My mother always called it "The Genie Look" meaning that you blinked as your eyes came across it. I find it common among children and men, haha! My kids and/or hubbie will say they can't find a certain something, and then I walk over and it was right in front of them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:33 PM
link   
The pillow on the table.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Eyes don't actually see your brain does all the work. If there is a glitch somewhere it very well could be in your brain. Maybe it didn't process the info your eyes collected for the brain to make the image. I'd look to the weakest link for the problem first...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:28 PM
link   

originally posted by: greencmp

You smoke too much.

Oh wow, your contribution to this topic is amazing

-

I experienced the same, over and over again. In my opinion it's the way of the universe to tease us a little

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:36 PM
link   
Sometimes when we look or want something so badly, even if it's in front of our eyes, we'll miss it.
It's an X-Files case and will remain unexplainable.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:47 PM
link   
ghosts

but also there surely is a theory that says basically things/beings can (temporarily) enter another dimension

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Maybe it's just your friendly homeless wall guy like in this movie..

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:58 PM
link   
I once spent several minutes looking for a pair of sunglasses, only to realize that I was wearing them.
Your explanation for this phenomenon would be correct in that case.
I have however experienced similar things under perfectly sober states of awareness.
Keys, money, food in the fridge. Not there one minute, then suddenly appear right where I know I had damn well looked.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:01 PM
link   

originally posted by: skunkape23
I once spent several minutes looking for a pair of sunglasses, only to realize that I was wearing them.
Your explanation for this phenomenon would be correct in that case.
I have however experienced similar things under perfectly sober states of awareness.
Keys, money, food in the fridge. Not there one minute, then suddenly appear right where I know I had damn well looked.

Or in your hand, that's always fun.

I have a rule for this, if I can't find it I stop looking and it will usually turn up in the freezer or something next time I make a drink.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: Staroth

originally posted by: EA006

My perception is pretty on point, highly doubt it was overlooked.

I'm so sorry i stand totally corrected. It must have been the matrix!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:32 PM
link   
Well.. could be a glitch.. or perhaps just Inattentional blindness. It's a known phenomena. It's when that ketchup bottle in front of your face that you don't see in you fridge, and your spouse says "omg if it was a snake it would have bit you!" makes you scratch your head.

A lot of stimuli can make you miss obvious things. Not saying positively that is what it was.. but.. could be. : )

We think we are terribly clever, but our brains have their own ideas about what is important, and what it should focus on. Inattentional blindness

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 06:41 AM
link   

I have experienced the same type of thing. The fact you had a witness with you who also was searching is good. Then it would have to be both of you that had a moment of not seeing as people are saying. No one has mentioned the particles underneath the remote. What were they like?
I don't have an explanation I'm afraid just similar experiences. Also some things that were never found, just vanished into the air altogether.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:21 AM
link   
I have told this story before on ATS, but when my daughter was around 8, she had a favorite pink hoodie that she wore all the time. One day, she was very distraught when she couldn't find it. Over the next few days I looked everywhere, and I mean everywhere. It simply was not in our house. I assumed she had left it at school or at a friend's. A couple of weeks later, I walk into the master bedroom, and the pink hoodie is laying in the middle of the floor.

I brought it to my daughter, and her reaction of surprise (and happiness) was so genuine that I knew she hadn't put it there as a joke or something. I still have no clue where that hoodie was for 2weeks or how it got on my bedroom floor. One of life's strange mysteries.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:19 AM
link   
This stuff happens.

I lost my key around 2003. I found it some years later. On the couch. We'd searched the entire house. And there it was. The key was down the side of the couch and the keyring (which was BRIGHT green and long... like a phone coil) on the couch (sticking out).... We'd moved the couch, hoovered the couch, and... well, sat on the couch over those years. Never once did we see that key.

It just appeared one day... as if it has always been there.
edit on 1-8-2015 by MrConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:54 AM
link   
One semester in college I lived with a guy in a trailer. The trailer was typical of most, with the master bedroom on one end, and two smaller bedrooms (with a bath) on the other. He owned it, so he had the master, and I was in one of the other bedrooms. He and I were the only ones in the trailer, and he never did or needed to come over to my "end" of the trailer.

One evening, right before I went to bed, I remembered I needed to iron a shirt for some event the next day. So I got out all the stuff and ironed the shirt. Not having a good place to stash a hot iron, I placed it right in the middle of the bathtub/shower combo so it could cool off safely. The next morning, I got up, showered, got ready for class, and left for the day.

Later that afternoon, I got back to the trailer, let myself in, and walked back to my room and the bathroom. To my surprise, the iron was sitting in the middle of the bathtub, just like I left it the previous evening. Thing is, it absolutely was not there that morning. I confirmed that my roomate did not borrow it early that morning, and we were the only ones in the trailer. Given there is no way I could have showered with the iron in the bathtub, I have no idea where it was at during that time, or how it got back in place by that afternoon.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Fascinating.

I've had a similar experience (similar in strangeness). I can distinctly remember sending a text from my phone. I put it down for a minute then it pretty much vanished. I was searching for it for about 20 minutes then I heard it ringing in the next room. I went to the next room and there it was! How the hell did it even get there?

If you're reading this Morpheus gimme the damn pill so I can start using my super powers in this place.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join