It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fireball turns sky green over Argentina (VIDEO, PHOTOS)

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:16 PM
link   
a reply to: woogleuk

Than why didn't any meteorological groups send out any talking points or notifucations. It's obvious that was a giant object and moving that fast and that bright should have made some kind of sound or report.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:28 PM
link   
According to news reports, there was not any sound (I didn't hear anything too). I suppose it was just burning out, and in low atmosfere, hence the brightness and it was just seen in Buenos Aires and peripheral cities. As far as I know it wasn't reported elsewhere (not even Uruguay, actually very close to where it was seen)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   
It can look close and be 30 miles or 200 miles away.
There is no point of reference of objects above the horizon.
Before modern science no one had any idea as to the distance of the Sun, etc.
a reply to: zeroeffect

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

Yah, usually these objects are tens of miles over our head when we first see them. Their sudden appearance gets our attention because of the speed of light, any sound they make would take a lot longer to reach our ears. If big enough this does happen, like in Russia…

People came outside to film the smoke trail for some time before

Yes, and it's noticeable that the video maker includes something akin to a sonic boom in the collage. The colour signature might indicate Barium and or copper. Also noticeable is a, (debatably) low speed.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:04 PM
link   
The Green glow is almost always nickel.

Copper is very rare in meteorites.

Recent determinations of total copper in stones (Smales, Mapper,
and Wood, 1957; Smales, Mapper, Morgan, Webster, and Wood, 1958;
Greenland and Lovering, 1965; Greenland and Goles, 1965; Schmitt,
Smith, and Goles, 1965) show an average of about ll0 ppm in common
chondrites, with a range of 50 to 205 ppm

Source:Miners white paper

Nickle is mixed with iron in nearly all irons and chondritic stone meteorites in various amounts.

The two elements are combined in varying percentages from less than 6% nickel to as much as 75% nickel, although iron is by far more common than nickel.

Source: Mineral Galleries
edit on 31-7-2015 by charlyv because: spelling , where caught

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 08:32 PM
link   

originally posted by: intrptr

originally posted by: donktheclown
Perhaps the colors are from the different metals that make up tons of space debris. a reply to: zeroeffect

Like a spectrograph chart of elements, the colors in bolides are significant to determining their make up…

The visible light produced by a meteor may take on various hues, depending on the chemical composition of the meteoroid, and the speed of its movement through the atmosphere. As layers of the meteoroid abrade and ionize, the color of the light emitted may change according to the layering of minerals. Colors of meteors depend on the relative influence of the metallic content of the meteoroid versus the superheated air plasma, which its passage engenders:[26]

Orange-yellow (sodium)
Yellow (iron)
Blue-green (magnesium)
Violet (calcium)
Red (atmospheric nitrogen and oxygen)

Link

Add green (atmospheric methane) as well. Thing is, green fireballs weren't common at all up until a few years ago as concentrations of methane gas have increased in our atmosphere.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:10 PM
link   
a reply to: smurfy

Yes, and it's noticeable that the video maker includes something akin to a sonic boom in the collage.

Those sonic booms are all real, captured the day of the event. I was on the thread.

The differing booms are due to different sizes and velocities after the initial shockwave, after the object broke up.

Go back and listen to it again, you can still hear reports (getting fainter) in the background almost through the whole video.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:08 AM
link   

originally posted by: Erno86
I would tend to say...that a fully functional alien starship [Foo Fighter], would not display a fiery tail in our atmosphere, as this bolide or piece of space debris apparently does --- Though I still can't explain why a nighttime aerial, fiery Foo Fighter, does not leave fiery flame tails in an atmosphere.

You would have to show why the claimed foo fighters are foo fighters first.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:13 AM
link   

Looked good but AAAAAAHHHH VERTICAL phone videos why do people do that, would they want to watch a big screen blockbuster like that do they watch their TV in portrait orientation rant over.

edit on 1-8-2015 by wmd_2008 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 04:53 AM
link   

originally posted by: zeroeffect
a reply to: woogleuk

Than why didn't any meteorological groups send out any talking points or notifucations. It's obvious that was a giant object and moving that fast and that bright should have made some kind of sound or report.

Why do you say it was "obviously" a "giant object"?

It clearly wasn't.

These things happen all over our planet potentially thousands of times a year. They are small enough to burn up entirely depending on their size and composition.

The one in Russia was only about 4lbs.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: intrptr

Yep, didn't read what you wrote before watching it. I'm now covered in cereal haha

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:07 AM
link   
a reply to: Rocker2013

IMHO it's looked huge to me

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 12:08 AM
link   
a reply to: charlyv

The halo or aura was green to me not the object itself

posted on Aug, 3 2015 @ 03:05 PM
link   

No, most "shooting stars" you see are no bigger than a grain of sand, something that size is still fairly small, but generates that much friction with the air as it hits the atmosphere is can look much bigger.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join