It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yes, There Are Paid Government Trolls On Social Media, Blogs, Forums And Websites. What about ATS?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I think this forum best sums up this thread ........ better than the general conspiracy forum but if you MODS feel to move this ...OK... fine with me.

If you search the internet you will find numerous website that claim trolls have penetrated many forums and websites...... All with same agenda... to lie and mislead the public.

Do you want solid proof that paid government shills are targeting websites, blogs, forums and social media accounts? For years, many have suspected that government trolls have been systematically causing havoc all over the Internet, but proving it has been difficult. But now thanks to documents leaked by Edward Snowden and revealed by Glenn Greenwald, we finally have hard evidence that western governments have been doing this. As you will see below, a UK intelligence outfit known as the Government Communications Headquarters, through a previously secret unit known as the Joint Threat Research Intelligence Group, has been systematically attempting “to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse”. This should be deeply disturbing to anyone that values free speech on the Internet. It isn’t just that the British government is trying to influence what people are thinking. The reality is that this is far bigger than a mere propaganda campaign. As Greenwald recently noted on his new website, the “integrity of the Internet itself” is at stake…

By publishing these stories one by one, our NBC reporting highlighted some of the key, discrete revelations: the monitoring of YouTube and Blogger, the targeting of Anonymous with the very same DDoS attacks they accuse “hacktivists” of using, the use of “honey traps” (luring people into compromising situations using sex) and destructive viruses. But, here, I want to focus and elaborate on the overarching point revealed by all of these documents: namely, that these agencies are attempting to control, infiltrate, manipulate, and warp online discourse, and in doing so, are compromising the integrity of the internet itself.

LINK

Now this source comes from Infowars.com BUT if you research the web you will find numerous sites other than infowars.com that state the same thing.

The enclosed link discusses British intelligence agencies but it also mentions "other western Intel agencies" so England is not the only country doing this.

Due to ATS success over the years and its broad member base I also believe ATS has its own trolls and disinfo agents as well. I am not saying all ATS MODS are trolls but I believe there are a couple..... ATS would be a perfect breeding ground for such agents. Take a look at ATS's forums and who all has been involved... it goes back years..... What a great research tool for government agencies. Soooooooo easy to get your IP address due to ATS saving your I.P address on the ATS server (or should I say severs).????

So what is the first sign of a troll? To attack the poster and possibly deny this and attempt to mislead you with cheap jokes and tricks.

Is it more likely than not? I am not asking if this possible... of course it is possible but what do you say?

Are there undercover trolls working for ATS management?

Does ATS secretly release your IP address and your threads to government agencies?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Trolls....Yes

Paid.... Doubt it

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:53 AM
link   

So what is the first sign of a troll? To attack the poster and possibly deny this and attempt to mislead you with cheap jokes and tricks.

DS, you are the worse (check), there are no paid trolls here (check), knock-knock who's there Joe Joe who Joe the Dumber (check), pick a card any card (and...check. My work here is done, until I clock in tomorrow).

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: Aleister

DS, you are the worse (check), there are no paid trolls here (check), knock-knock who's there Joe Joe who Joe the Dumber (check), pick a card any card (and...check. My work here is done, until I clock in tomorrow).

That looks like easy money!

Where do I sign up? Is there a website?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:56 AM
link   

OK......so what you are now doing is called trolling.........maybe here is the first one.
edit on 31-7-2015 by DeathSlayer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:57 AM
link   
yes

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:58 AM
link   
I find your claims to be patently untrue for the reason that I get paid PEANUTS to post here.

The benefits are awful too.
edit on 31-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 11:59 AM
link   
AMA: I was a paid Internet troll.

This is nothing new.
You could see this in action on places like the old Digg.com.

if a story was even slightly left leaning the bury brigade would come out of the woodwork and bury a story.

I think we are seeing this now with the anti planned parenthood videos. Heavily edited videos that have an agenda. One that we see with that vote now in congress to defund planned parenthood.

I'm sure that this post will be hit by the paid shills to debunk me.

/smh

For almost five years, I was a paid Internet troll. Yes, I admit.

But first let me state that I never performed my job here on ATS, though I believe I have occasionally seen a handful on here who were using a script similar to what I was assigned.

I cannot and will not name names, but after an internship at a firm with government and political party (Republican) contracts, I was offered the position of "Online Communications Associate" at another company by someone from the original firm for which I interned. My contract completed one year ago, and I have since moved on.

Utilizing six artificial personas, I was active in social networks and bulletin boards. But since I came to love and respect this site, as I stated, I never performed my functions here. Each week, I and presumably several others, were provided with information to use in our online postings. At first the information was comprised of fully conceived scripts, but as I became more and more experienced, it eventually became simple bullet or talking points.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   
LOL ... I'm pretty sure this thread is headed for the trash bin.

I'll take my lumps ... you guys are HIGHlarious. LOL

Thanks for brightening up my day.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:00 PM
link   

originally posted by: DeathSlayer

OK......so what you are now doing is called trolling.........maybe here is the first one.

Ah, caught. What mistake did I make? And maybe I've trolled this thread because there are at least half a dozen or so very long threads on this same subject (search is your friend).

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Well technically, anyone who makes his/her living off of dividends, and plagues internet forums to perpetuate corporate oligarchy and justify wealth disparity and superimposed slavery first before general welfare would be a'

"paid shill" or "government troll"."

And I have very little doubt that they are present here on this very forum too.

Now, trolls on government payroll? Or taking contract jobs? Good chance they are here as well.
edit on 2015 by BlubberyConspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   
a reply to: DeathSlayer

I can't offer an opinion on whether the staff are 'trolls', though I've never seen anything that would make me think that.

As for ATS in general, I think it would be foolish to think there weren't any people being paid to further agendas. Especially since we know other countries like Russia do it. Why wouldn't our own governments want their finger in the pie?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun
I find your claims to be patently untrue for the reason that I get paid PEANUTS to post here.

Really? So you have been here at ATS a member for eight months and have over fourteeen THOUSAND stars, whcih comes out to approx 1750 stars per month!!!

Do you live on ATS 24 hours a day or do we have some sort of manipulation here?

I agree with the later.

Dude get a life ......there is much more to offer on this planet than ATS.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Like really? jajajajajajajajaj

Shill

A shill, also called a plant or a stooge, is a person who publicly helps a person or organization without disclosing that they have a close relationship with the person or organization.

Shill typically refers to someone who purposely gives onlookers the impression that they are an enthusiastic independent customer of a seller (or marketer of ideas) for whom they are secretly working. The person or group who hires the shill is using crowd psychology to encourage other onlookers or audience members to purchase the goods or services (or accept the ideas being marketed). Shills are often employed by professional marketing campaigns. "Plant" and "stooge" more commonly refer to any person who is secretly in league with another person or organization while pretending to be neutral or actually a part of the organization he is planted in, such as a magician's audience, a political party, or an intelligence organization (see double agent)

Even FACEBOOK has shills.

And this site? FULL OF THEM. As is every website on the internet. The more you read, the easier it is to spot them.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Really? So you have been here at ATS a member for eight months and have over fourteeen THOUSAND stars, whcih comes out to approx 1750 stars per month!!!

I agree with the later.

If you start acting like this in your thread and accusing people of being trolls without evidence, you'll only end up getting your own thread closed dude. Then you'll act like the staff are trolls and you knew all along.
edit on 31-7-2015 by BelowLowAnnouncement because: (no reason given)

link   

Ah, caught. What mistake did I make? And maybe I've trolled this thread because there are at least half a dozen or so very long threads on this same subject (search is your friend).

I gave you a star for being honest.

So here is a legitimate star my friend.......

link   
I believe ATS is crawling with them...Sometimes it is clearly obvious, other times not so much.

There was one poster, a "female" poster a while back that had logged over 1,000 posts in a VERY short amount of time. Like, she would have had to be on ATS around the clock. Or getting paid per post, maybe.

Anyway, she was a real PITA and I haven't seen anything from her in a while, so I guess she moved on, got promoted, or is over on LOP as of late, lol.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Doublepost! Whoops.
edit on 31-7-2015 by ScientificRailgun because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: ScientificRailgun

I agree with the later.

Or maybe I post when I'm bored at work. My average posting frequency since joining ATS is about 15 posts per day.

Is it really that shocking?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Try this....

Start a thread criticizing a large Oil Company for an oil spill and watch what happens.

New members and old member with no track record will come out of the wood work to defend them.

I remember the BP well blow out. Shills everywhere....paid? idk.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join