It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vladimir Putin 'ordered killing' of Alexander Litvinenko inquiry told

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
All roads lead to Rome , in this case the road is polonium-210 and Rome is Vladimir Putin.
The inquiry into Alexander Litvinenko's death has heard in closing submissions today that his death was sanctioned by the Russian state which means it was on the order of Putin , Litvinenko had become a vocal and dangerous critic of Putin and his regime and needed to be silenced.

Dissident Mr Litvinenko, 43, drank tea containing a fatal dose of radioactive polonium during a meeting with suspects Dmitry Kovtun and Andrei Lugovoi in London in 2006.
The Kremlin wanted Mr Litvinenko dead and provided the poison used to kill him, Mr Emmerson alleged.
Scientific evidence proves Mr Kovtun and Mr Lugovoi killed the former spy, he added.

I think it's clear from the method of poisoning chosen there had to be state involvement in the assassination , one does not simply buy polonium-210 over the counter.

Mr Emmerson told the inquiry Mr Putin was an "increasingly isolated tinpot despot" and a "morally deranged authoritarian".
He said the Russian president and his allies are "directly implicated in organised crime".
Mr Putin's "personal cabal" are "willing to murder those who stand in their way", Mr Emmerson added.
He said: "If the Russian state is responsible, Vladimir Putin is responsible.
"Not on some analogical version of vicarious liability but because he personally ordered the liquidation of an enemy who was bent on exposing him and his cronies."
www.bbc.co.uk...

Hot stuff , expecting a few more Russian Bears over the weekend in response.

edit on 31-7-2015 by gortex because: spoling

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:39 AM
link   
I think anyone who has been following the story knows this already.
I expect the russian internet factory to be all over this thread.
Thing is what can be done? nowt.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
a reply to: gortex

I hope jack Ryan sr handles this smoothly!

For real tho.... Russia has killed people with polonium 210 in Tom Clancy novels lol. In the Clancy book Russia used the polonium TO MAKE SURE everyone else knew Russia was the one ordering the killing.... Sometimes you just wanna send a message I guess lol

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thats sad news.. Poor Putin, can't catch a break. Ducking and weaving,defending his people. How much longer will they poke the bear before he strikes ?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
I have to agree with my friend boymonkey here.

Anyone with even a passing knowledge of this event knows the order had to have come from high within the government. If Putin didn't personally order the assassination, he was certainly complicit in it.

These findings should come as a surprise to nobody.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:44 AM
link   
a reply to: Obi88

Assassinating political dissidents is defending your people?

Explain please.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

one does not simply buy polonium-210 over the counter.

You can buy anything you want if you are standing at the right counter.

Everything is for sale.

Sure, Putin may have ordered the assassination, but I very much doubt he would have been so obvious about it. Why use such an exotic method when a hit and run would have been just as effective.

Equally, the CIA or MI6 may have ordered the hit to be in a position to blame Russia for the deed in yet another attempt to destabilize the Russian Government.

It is a murky world out there. Putin is no saint, that is for sure. But neither are the CIA, MI6, Mossad or any other of like agencies, any of which may have wanted the guy dead for a myriad of reasons.

You said it yourself

All roads lead to Rome

It is just way to obvious!

P

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I'm believe Putin had nothing to do with it. Set up !
edit on 31-7-2015 by Obi88 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:50 AM
link   
a reply to: pheonix358

That could be what he wants. Other dissidents might not get the message if it seems to "accidental"

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:53 AM
link   

I'm believe he knew all along.

Is that how they teach it in Russia?.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:55 AM
link   
a reply to: mindseye1609

Good point at the end of the day nothing can be done about it by anyone but the Russian public and it certainly has sent a message to others around the world.
I know his wife will attempt to take it further but under what court?.
edit on 31-7-2015 by boymonkey74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74
a reply to: mindseye1609

Good point at the end of the day nothing can be done about it by anyone but the Russian public and it certainly has sent a message to others around the world.
I know his wife will attempt to take it further but under what court?.
Good point. Any legal action the UN would try to take would be veto'd by Russia anyway. Look to the recent MH17 tribunal for proof of that.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:57 AM
link   

How typical my American friends.

just going along with your happy MSM story line

Litvenko was a traitor who betrayed FSB and took secrets to UK and was then snickering behind the border

What do you think US would do to Snowden if they could get him

And by the way, Snowden did the right thing, Litvenko WAS WORKED OVER AND PAID TO CROSS OVER

But hey, you guys will just ignore everything I posted and will just say I am a shill.

hehehe

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   
a reply to: justQ

If you honestly think the US can't assassinate Snowden, or Julian Assange for that matter any time they want, I have waterfront property in Nebraska to sell you.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   

originally posted by: boymonkey74

I'm believe he knew all along.

Is that how they teach it in Russia?.

Yep! The first day of "Political Assassinations 101" in KGB school.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
Rofl snowden and Assange are probably doing exactly as they've been ordered too.. What better way to control a leak then to hold the hose?
edit on 31-7-2015 by mindseye1609 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: justQ

How typical my American friends.

I'm British.

just going along with your happy MSM story line

I've followed this from the beginning , because I'm British.

What do you think US would do to Snowden if they could get him

Put him prison for a very very very very long time.

And by the way, Snowden did the right thing, Litvenko WAS WORKED OVER AND PAID TO CROSS OVER

I agree , I disagree.

But hey, you guys will just ignore everything I posted and will just say I am a shill.

Nope.

link   
Ah the un and u.s.a partnership. Such a peaceful loving bunch they are.

link   
a reply to: ScientificRailgun

extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof

PROVE THAT CIA CAN KILL SNOWDEN ANYTIME

and Julian Assange is too visible in the embassy to kill.

NEXT

I am enjoying this SciRailgun

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Was gonna say that we'll be visited by our resident troll who has boy love for Putin to pop in, but he's here already..

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join