It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bernie Sanders Draws Army of 100,000 Volunteers to First Nationwide Organizing Event

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:23 AM
link   
Bernie Sanders Draws Army of 100,000 Volunteers to First Nationwide Organizing Event

I think I might very well sign up on a local campaign committee.

Sanders spoke to this army of volunteers via a video livestream, telling them they are needed if he is to overcome the power of what he calls the “billionaire class” – the tight group of the wealthy and corporations that own both the economy and political system.

Sanders, unlike his opponents, is not cultivating a super PAC. He's not taking corporate PAC money, and he is relying on small donors; 81 percent of his donations in the first quarter were from people giving less than $200.

Just on principle, he's not taking SuperPAC money, and regular, intelligent citizens are flocking to this man.

“I've been a lifelong Republican, worked in Republican government 35 years,” explained one attendee who said Bernie Sanders has won her over.

Ha!!! It's happening, folks. Things are going to change. Whether he wins or not, it's delightfully obvious that momentum is building.

Perhaps OWS was the first domino (public domino) - but now there can be no whining that those getting involved and standing behind Bernie are "just lazy, dirty hippies".

So, I'll just leave this here.

GO BERNIE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Ah, I see FyreByrd already got this one. I missed it because the title was different. Title was what I searched for....

Anyway - here ya go, folks:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:27 AM
link   
Never heard of the guy but from your OP he sounds good and so does this movement.

Good luck

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:28 AM
link   
Perhaps OWS was a wake up call, it showed us the collusion of the police and the rich.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:29 AM
link   
a reply to: blupblup

Wow, you haven't? Well, I'm very happy and honored to introduce you. It's a great bit of happy news for us all (in my opinion).

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:33 AM
link   
a reply to: AlaskanDad

Perhaps OWS was a wake up call, it showed us the collusion of the police and the rich.

And Elizabeth Warren has made a huge difference, too.

Not to mention how "Wall Street" has managed not only to recoup all of their losses (while the rest of us are still trying to simply tread water) but to MULTIPLY them.

How ANYONE can think that those people should not be prosecuted is beyond me. The banks SHOULD be dismantled, and the high-level executives of every one of them should be imprisoned and stripped of ALL of their assets. I'm not talking "house arrest", either. More of in a FEMA camp with nothing but bread and water and an 8x8 cell, with junkyard dogs as guards.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:34 AM
link   
a reply to: BuzzyWigs

Yeah just read all his stances and political positions and he seems my kind of guy.
I'm from UK so obviously a bleeding heart liberal
and yeah... he is spot on with his politics.
Universal healthcare, Anti-War, hitting the elite and money hoarders, tuition fees for uni etc etc.

Seems a good dude.

edit on 31/7/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:40 AM
link   

I'm impressed that so many in the UK and Canada (and Australia as well) pay attention to US's politics. I know Cameron is your PM, but that's it. I should do some diligence in reciprocating the vicarious support and cheerleading you all offer us.

Fondly, BuzzyWigs
(your American bleeding-heart, lily-livered, pinko, middle-class, middle-aged hippy friend)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:43 AM
link   
The Conservative Right Wing must be in a quandary, trying to figure out a way to derail this movement.

Especially if Trump is the best they have.....

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:45 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

LOL!! Right? Their heads are spinning around so fast they think they have seventeen candidates who....

oh. Wait.

Anyway, in terms of political gratification I've got some seriously sweet schadenfreude going on with this.

scha·den·freu·de
ˈSHädənˌfroidə
noun
pleasure derived by someone from another person's misfortune.

Squirm, baby, squirm!!!
edit on 7/31/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:48 AM
link   
a reply to: olaru12

Frightening, isn't it?
He's the only branch within reach as they drift down the white-water rapids of DeNial. ???

That's like having only poison ivy plants or stinging nettles or giant hogweed to grab....

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs

I'm impressed that so many in the UK and Canada (and Australia as well) pay attention to US's politics. I know Cameron is your PM, but that's it. I should do some diligence in reciprocating the vicarious support and cheerleading you all offer us.

Fondly, BuzzyWigs
(your American bleeding-heart, lily-livered, pinko, middle-class, middle-aged hippy friend)

Well I know a few of your politicians but not all and you have so many lol
The thing is politics is so global now it affects us all.... especially if you get another GOP nutjob in who declares war on so and so and talks about wiping out so and so.... not good.
I don't even know all of our politicians I doubt anyone does on here.
But yeah - we know the one's we like and the one's we dislike, I suppose that's how it goes.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:51 AM
link   

originally posted by: olaru12
The Conservative Right Wing must be in a quandary, trying to figure out a way to derail this movement.

Well he landed here on his Scottish golf course... and then carried on his spouting off about Mexicans.
He's such a prick man, I can't believe he's leading the polls??

If he gets in...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:54 AM
link   

He's such a prick man, I can't believe he's leading the polls??

If he gets in...

....it would be a disaster. I can't stand the guy. He makes my skin crawl...but he's apparently all they've got out of the auditions. Spectacularly bizarre. It's between him and a bunch of Holy Rollers (oh, and babyface Rand Paul).

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Ha!!! It's happening, folks. Things are going to change. Whether he wins or not, it's delightfully obvious that momentum is building.

What I see is the Democrat version of Ron Paul and his own party will eliminate him if he is truly for the people and not the lobbyist.

The only good I see coming from this is that maybe the Democrat political cheerleader wake up to the fact that the two party system is rigged when the DNC Select Hillary as their sponsored candidate.

Regardless how well Bernie Sanders does he will not be selected as the DNC candidate if he doesn't prove that he can be controlled by the Big Lobbyist. Which than defeats the purpose of having him elected in the first place.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Sadly my country took a lurch to the right in terms of politics/government and I fear yours will too.
I really hope not but then I hoped the Conservatives wouldn't get in here too... seems that Xenophobic crap and attacking the poor is more popular than I thought and popular everywhere it seems.

That's the problem, when times get hard, people look to blame the "other" someone different, foreign, for all of their ills... and it works too.

edit on 31/7/15 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:02 AM
link   
a reply to: interupt42

he will not be selected as the DNC candidate if he doesn't prove that he can be controlled by the Big Lobbyist. Which than defeats the purpose of having him elected in the first place.

He's not really a "Democrat" - he's just running as one because the "Independent" tag is nonworkable at this juncture. If he wins, it will REALLY be a change - talk about disrupting the two-party dynastic empire. Reminds me of the Wars of the Roses.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Jeb will come to the rescue any time now.

Go Bernie !!

He's doing it.

He's getting there.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:04 AM
link   
a reply to: xuenchen

You know, xuen, that's been the cheer you're using for days now. Trouble is, I can't tell if you are being facetious and dismissive, or you actually support his ideas.

I know beezzer is truly on board. Is it possible that you've caught the drift and are really sincere in your 'support'?

edit on 7/31/2015 by BuzzyWigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 10:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BuzzyWigs
a reply to: interupt42

he will not be selected as the DNC candidate if he doesn't prove that he can be controlled by the Big Lobbyist. Which than defeats the purpose of having him elected in the first place.

He's not really a "Democrat" - he's just running as one because the "Independent" tag is nonworkable at this juncture. If he wins, it will REALLY be a change - talk about disrupting the two-party dynastic empire. Reminds me of the Wars of the Roses.

Like I said he is the Democrat version of Ron Paul. Ron Paul wasn't really a republican either he was more libertarian/independent as well with the biggest grass roots movement.

I agree the 2 party system and voters are best described By Einstein:

edit on 09731America/ChicagoFri, 31 Jul 2015 10:09:00 -0500000000p3142 by interupt42 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join