It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Health App

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:29 AM
link   
So yesterday was my yearly physical no big deal till I tried to install their app on my phone to remind me of a couple of appoints in the future.

So we have "Follow My Health" sounds nice till they want access to all files and folders and my camera??? My CAMERA???? Luckly the phone is only 2 days old so I did a factory reset. But when 9 AM rolls around they will be getting an ear full and not my business.

I mean really how many people don't even read what their clicking on. As far as I'm concerned they need no access to my phone at all.

Happy Friday

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 05:35 AM
link   
I agree, that is a bit invasive on their part.

It certainly is no business of theirs what photos, or anything else that is on your phone.

Most people don't even read the permissions that most apps want.. Kind of like we don't read contracts or fine print..

Really does boggle my mind.. -_-

Good catch, btw, OP..

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:30 AM
link   
Did you bother to find out why it needed camera permissions? It seems like people don't understand how Android permissions work....If any portion of an app requires a specific permission, it will request that permission for the entire app. 99% of the time it's nothing nefarious...I develop apps in my spare time, by the way....

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 06:52 AM
link   
a reply to: AdmireTheDistance

For what reason would an app require camera permission? Just curious as I really don't know. I've denied it on several occasions.

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:02 AM
link   
a reply to: Lolliek

Version 2.2 (May 04, 2015)
New appointment request workflow which supports:
- Direct Scheduling with participating providers
- Appointment reschedule requests
- Appointment cancellation requests
- Appointment List and Appointment Details include location and contact phone numbers

My Health updated to include:
- New item indicators for My Health – easily see what is new in your FMH record since you last viewed it
- Create and Manage My Health Items – ability to add, edit and delete conditions, allergies, medications, immunizations and other My Health information
- Create and Manage Documents – Upload multipage documents using your device’s camera or from your photo library

www.appannie.com...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:08 AM
link   
a reply to: GetHyped

Thank you! Well, that makes sense. I suppose some of us old people have too much Foil Hat syndrome going on. I know someone who puts duct tape over all his cameras!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 07:46 AM
link   

originally posted by: AdmireTheDistance
Did you bother to find out why it needed camera permissions? It seems like people don't understand how Android permissions work....If any portion of an app requires a specific permission, it will request that permission for the entire app. 99% of the time it's nothing nefarious...I develop apps in my spare time, by the way....

My doctors use the healow app. It needed odd permissions but, I was able to customize it with pictures off my phone... my kids laugh at me because i took a picture of the hospital (where my appointments are) off the internet so reminders just show a building to them. To me, I know where I need to be.

top topics

join