It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

thinking in pictures and colors

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   
I see colors when I hear musical notes. always have.

for instance C is a golden yellow. b is purple. f is red. g is green, d is blue. a and e are respectively greenish and bluish to me and a distinct color green and blue from g and d. I can tell the difference in shade and distinguish say a from g. as if one is a lighter hue.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:07 AM
link   

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't take it personally.

Though the veracity of the reports of sysnesthesia have been taken very seriously, the idea that is a psychological (I should have added that qualifier before condition) condition and not a yet-to-be-discovered/unknown memory mechanism is very much a part of the neurological communities investigation into this alleged psychological condition.

Well, alleged implies it might not exist.

It does exist.

Now we can argue why it exists or what it's for, but I thought the going idea was simply that the various neurons that separate sensory information in the brain never quite got differentiated so you have them sending information in slightly mixed up ways. Nothing harmful, just out of the ordinary.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:09 AM
link   

originally posted by: BASSPLYR
I see colors when I hear musical notes. always have.

for instance C is a golden yellow. b is purple. f is red. g is green, d is blue. a and e are respectively greenish and bluish to me and a distinct color green and blue from g and d. I can tell the difference in shade and distinguish say a from g. as if one is a lighter hue.

Yes, and the OP stated that he sees 5 as blue, so does my husband, but I'll bet they both see different shades of blue for their 5. My husband describes his as a deep blue, close to royal.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
I have a mild form of synesthesia - I see words and names as colours. looking into the phenomena years back it was theorised that it has something to do with the evolution of the hippocampus.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 07:25 AM
link   
This guy sees pi as a landscape with all the trees and hills and mountains

Some people can just visualize high abstracts and concepts.

That's what make geniuses and prodigies geniuses and prodigies.

posted on Aug, 2 2015 @ 04:59 PM
link   

originally posted by: ketsuko

originally posted by: BeefNoMeat
a reply to: ketsuko

Don't take it personally.

Though the veracity of the reports of sysnesthesia have been taken very seriously, the idea that is a psychological (I should have added that qualifier before condition) condition and not a yet-to-be-discovered/unknown memory mechanism is very much a part of the neurological communities investigation into this alleged psychological condition.

Well, alleged implies it might not exist.

It does exist.

Now we can argue why it exists or what it's for, but I thought the going idea was simply that the various neurons that separate sensory information in the brain never quite got differentiated so you have them sending information in slightly mixed up ways. Nothing harmful, just out of the ordinary.

It IS an alleged psychological condition. I qualified what I said. Don't bark up the wrong tree.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join