It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cold fusion triggered by sunspots?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:26 PM
link   
I was listening to last night's C2C podcast and the guest was a guy named Bill "Doc" Harrington. I don't have a transcript of the interview, so I'm just summarizing here.

So he starts talking about cold fusion and the whole pons fleischmann incident in 1989, but he also references another cold fusion incident that occurred in 1985 in some university lab that ended up burning a hole in the floor. Anyway, he goes on to say that cold fusion can only be triggered by high sunspot periods. He called it the "secret of cold fusion" that "Fleischmann was going to take to his grave". He said no one in the cold fusion business wants to talk about this or admit this.

I had never heard this theory before, and I also couldn't find much online about it. What I thought was interesting was that it might explain why cold fusion seems to only work sporadically, for example with with pons fleischmann. The story I know is that they were never able to duplicate their results, nor were any other scientists. A lot of people thought they were con artists or just jumped the gun too soon, but what if they had done their experiment when a sunspot hit?

He didn't have enough time in the interview to really explain why this would happen, the science behind it. i know. Anyway, just wanted to share what I heard.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 08:59 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   
a reply to: cleverhans
Bill Harrington is clueless. Check www.e-catworld.com... and find out that a one megawatt unit has been running continuously for several months.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:47 PM
link   

There has been speculation that cold fusion, and indeed even conventional fission is affected by neutrino flux.

But the effect, if it exists, is subtle.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 11:39 PM
link   
This may not be as far fetched as it seems, it reminded me of something I read once about radio active isotopes
The strange case of solar flares and radioactive elements

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:37 AM
link   

originally posted by: pteridine
Bill Harrington is clueless. Check www.e-catworld.com... and find out that a one megawatt unit has been running continuously for several months.

I don't understand why Rossi doesn't publish more specifications. He has a machine running (allegedly), it has 136 days of production on the wheels (Source), so no-one in the world could copy it and claim patents. Yes, he did not get a patent already, because of shady operations, LENR as a not-trusted idea and such, but if he publishes results (verifiable, with a neutral customer at hand), he would be in a non-negotionable position for cold-fusion-reactors by his idea.

Sorry, still reaks like a scam.
edit on 31 7 2015 by ManFromEurope because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:53 AM
link   

And any day now it will be on the market, just send him $199 to help.

How many years will you keep believing this garbage?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:55 AM
link   

originally posted by: ManFromEurope

I don't understand why Rossi doesn't publish more specifications. He has a machine running (allegedly), it has 136 days of production on the wheels (Source), so no-one in the world could copy it and claim patents. Yes, he did not get a patent already, because of shady operations, LENR as a not-trusted idea and such, but if he publishes results (verifiable, with a neutral customer at hand), he would be in a non-negotionable position for cold-fusion-reactors by his idea.

Sorry, still reaks like a scam.

Rossie has been caught in so many lies it's hilarious.

My favorite was when he said it was in Florida undergoing testing, and then claimed he had a set back because it was damaged in an Earthquake in Europe.

Forget power, Rossie has found out how to have one device be in two places at once!

The National Instruments lie was hilarious too.
edit on 31-7-2015 by OccamsRazor04 because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 10:23 AM
link   
I know there's a lot of questions around Rossie - but I don't know that Bill Harrington had anything to do with him. He (Bill) wasn't asking for any money. In fact, when I searched for him online I found absolutely nothing, no website, no blog, and certainly no books for sale. And the strangest thing was at the end of the interview, he refused to give out any contact information.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 11:04 AM
link   
Been a while since I have read about cold fusion but I do remember reading that a number of labs replicated the Fleischmann-Pons effect with positive results but like in 1897 when a French physicist left some uranium salts on a photographic plate and it lit up, cold fusion will remain a curiosity until the physics can be worked out. Some papers suggest that the excess heat might come from what they call a deuterium evolution reaction. link

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 01:43 PM
link   
a reply to: glend

No one has managed to definitively replicate the works of fleischmann-pons, not even fleischmann-pons.

posted on Aug, 1 2015 @ 07:55 PM
link   

originally posted by: GetHyped
a reply to: glend

No one has managed to definitively replicate the works of fleischmann-pons, not even fleischmann-pons.

The Naval Research Lab discovered that trace Boron levels in the Palladium electrode were important for the effect to be observed, hence the problems with repeatability. Electrolytically loading Palladium with Deuterium is much more expensive and less predictable than loading Nickel with Hydrogen under moderate pressure and temperature.

posted on Jan, 29 2016 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Here is some info about Bill Harrington at New Energy Times;
newenergytimes.com... teurl=news.newenergytimes.net%2F&ref=&ss=2393j964467j10

(post by islasamfisher removed for a serious terms and conditions violation)

top topics

join