It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Walter Palmer, the infamous lion killer. Be afraid, be very afraid

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 12:51 PM
link   

originally posted by: bigfatfurrytexan

originally posted by: johnwick

originally posted by: crazyewok

originally posted by: In4ormant
Palmer said he was told by his guide it was all legal. If so, Palmer should be left alone.

If course he is going to say that. He not going to admit he may have committed a crime.

Extradite him and let him stand trial and let the lawyers work out if he was innocent or not.

You want an American to be tried in Africa, because of a lion?

Are you out of your mind?

The entire legal system of Africa except a couple of places is banana republic justice, they just do whatever they want most of the time.

I cannot in good conscience decry the erosion of states rights while at the same time not giving observance to the national sovereignty of another nation. He should stand trial under the auspices of the sovereign nation in which his crime occured.

That said...i find the internet gang stalking to be absolutely reprehensible. A slight change in perspective is all that is needed to see it for what it is: bullying.

Thank you!

Least someone here has sense.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:32 PM
link   
a reply to: crazyewok

I will go on whatever the courts there say.

Law is the law. It does not matter if it was "just" a lion. Zimbabwe do not take poaching well and that's there right as a country.

Good I can agree with that.

Thing is...YOU keep demanding he should be extradited, but the AUTHORITIES in Zimbabwe have only said they want to talk to him.

I am sure you wouldn't try to and pressure Zimbabwes government to do something they don't want to do. Right?

Your the one with your red white and blue panties in a twist defending him when he was at least linked with what is classed as serous crime in Zimbabwe.

I doesn't look like you even know what the crime is.

Cecil was shot in an area not assigned a lion quota. Supposedly the bait was set for a leopard and then Cecil came along. The professional hunter, Theo Bronkhorst told his client to shoot the lion, and then the hunt became illegal.

- See more at: www.lionaid.org...

The big news recently is that Reuters claims he is being extradited, but that claim has not been substantiated by any official channels not even their embassy knows of it.

In Washington, a Zimbabwean diplomat said the embassy was not aware that extradition proceedings had been initiated by his government. Richard Chibuwe, deputy chief of the mission, said Zimbabwe takes the case very seriously and noted that two Zimbabwean men face court proceedings for helping Palmer.

On Wednesday, a Zimbabwean court charged local professional hunter Theo Bronkhorst with failing to prevent Palmer from unlawfully killing Cecil. reuters

Even with all the petitions and people calling for him to be extradited that can't happen just because people want it the government of Zimbabwe has to actually seek it first before the US government will act on the outcry.
edit on 31-7-2015 by Grimpachi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Obama will probably turn over the dentist, and in return, Obama will release 5 more taliban soldiers from GITMO.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:44 PM
link   
a reply to: beezzer

This is just an observation Beez but based on your comments in this and other threads on this topic it seems like you really aren't interested in this topic at all.

I get the impression you don't even want others to discuss it.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:46 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

This is just an observation Beez but based on your comments in this and other threads on this topic it seems like you really aren't interested in this topic at all.

I get the impression you don't even want others to discuss it.

I just try to put things in perspective.

Sometimes I use humor.

Sometimes I don't.

But I try to be a consistant pain-in-the-ass regardless.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 01:51 PM
link   

You have an interesting perspective.

I was mistaking it for derailing I am glad you explained now I don't think it was simply being petty.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:02 PM
link   

originally posted by: Grimpachi

You have an interesting perspective.

I was mistaking it for derailing I am glad you explained now I don't think it was simply being petty.

I gave up petty for Lent.

Just, "Keepin' it real, brah!"

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:10 PM
link   

originally posted by: In4ormant
Palmer said he was told by his guide it was all legal. If so, Palmer should be left alone.

If course he is going to say that. He not going to admit he may have committed a crime.

Extradite him and let him stand trial and let the lawyers work out if he was innocent or not.

You want an American to be tried in Africa, because of a lion?

Are you out of your mind?

The entire legal system of Africa except a couple of places is banana republic justice, they just do whatever they want most of the time.

Why should a American get special treatment? Do you think a US passport exempts you from law abroad? That your special little red white and blue snow flakes?

USA has extradited to them ALL the time to face US "justice". We all know the US "justice" system is a joke with money deciding ones face, plea bargains not to mentions some times YEARS waiting for a trial on remand in jail.

Get a dose of your own medicine for once!

It is obvious justice is not what you want, you want vengeance.

That is a sign of psychosis BTW.

Especially since you never even once thought about this lion before its death hit the news.

So your level of outrage alone is unfounded, that is we don't include most of the things you wrote, in the post I quoted above.

I will go on whatever the courts there say.

Law is the law. It does not matter if it was "just" a lion. Zimbabwe do not take poaching well and that's there right as a country.

Your the one with your red white and blue panties in a twist defending him when he was at least linked with what is classed as serous crime in Zimbabwe. Now weather he is guilty or not or was just conned I don't know, im not claiming he is guilty but that's what the court will figure out. But the fact is he has a history of of poaching and a felony for it already so there is good reason to suspect he was knowingly involved.

As for

Especially since you never even once thought about this lion before its death hit the news.

On that logic can I come to the USA and poach a load of Bears you have never heard of and get away?

Can I rob a bank you never heard of and that be ok?

If you did all the above and much worse, my level of outrage would be small, I wouldn't be screaming for vengeance, and I wouldn't be hoping you get third world justice, in a clown court.

There is a difference here.

You are doing these things, I am not and wouldn't.

Maybe if you went full hitler/ted Bundy, or one of these POS mass shooting douche bags.

But that is a much different scenario.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 09:13 PM
link   

originally posted by: beezzer
Obama will probably turn over the dentist, and in return, Obama will release 5 more taliban soldiers from GITMO.

Sadly, I agree!!

<< 3  4  5   >>

join