It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Become the Light

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Personal evolution starts slow then builds unto an avalanche pace.

Spiritual growth continues until you completely become the light.

Almost ten years ago my wushu instructor introduced me to Qigong, the ancient chinese art of energy manipulation.

And ever since then I've been doing a variety of meditation methods almost every day. I've practiced a plethora of different techniques from Buddhist to Taoist to Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) qigong, but all methods tend operate under one overarching principle.

By concentrating upon the breath or some attendant point in the body, you deactivate the brain and allow its synaptic structure to gradually erode.

Through focusing energy in places other than within that organic supercomputer in your head, your ingrained behavior patterns begin slowly to atrophy away.

Meditation unlocks that spiderweb netting of twined neurons and synapses in the brain. It dissolves preexisting opinion structures and behavior patterns.

Then by silencing the brain and eroding its neurological structure, it sets you--the spirit inside--completely and utterly free.

We each of us subside shackled within a cage of preconditioned impulses programmed into our brains. We each of us remained trapped within those twined nets of habitual action and response.

And we each of us have the ability to become liberated from those prisons.

Whatever your personality, whatever your predilections, whatever undesired habits or malicious behaviors exist within your mind--those things don't represent the real you. The real you is the spirit inside.

The real you is something divine.

Meditation is the key that unlocks those neurological chains. It's the balm that dissolves all malicious behaviors from the mind.

There are a million different meditation methods. Pick one and start today.

Begin practicing and cease being a servant unto your mind.

Commence that long journey towards untethering your spirit and unlocking your true self.

The mind is a sponge that soaks up everything from its environment. Over time it becomes littered with a disgusting array dirt and debris.

Meditation is the crystal-clear water that washes it clean.

Not long after seriously starting meditation, I had a dream of myself in my kitchen--slitting my own throat and pulling out all sorts of disgusting filth from within my body. At the time it made little sense, but now I understand it perfectly:

I had to kill my old conditioned self to become free. I had to pull out all the garbage within me before I could stand clean and pure.

See what prophetic dreams befall you when you devote yourself daily unto this ancient practice.

See what miracles unfold when you unleash your spirit and become the light.

Meditate. Meditate, meditate, meditate.

In this life nothing is more important than refining the spirit until it sparkles.

Nothing is more vital than polishing your soul until it shines.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Interesting enough, but I find meditation almost impossible for me. I have tried but maybe I just don't understand it?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:42 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Try getting that book I linked in my OP. There are over 100 different Qigong methods in there--you're bound to find one that interests you.

But by far the simplest meditation method is focusing gently upon the breath. Just lay down with eyes closed and hands folded over the abdomen (left hand on bottom for men, right hand for women). Keep your tongue pressed lightly against the roof of your mouth.

Then count your breaths to ten by ones, then to a hundred by tens. Then just pay attention to the breathing as it naturally slows and deepens.

And remember--the first stage of meditation is boredom and random thought. You need avoid relenting until the mind settles and the process deepens.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:44 PM
link   
a reply to: Trachel

Since you're into the martial arts, do you have any feelings on Tai Chi? I was looking into it...

I thought about starting some martial arts...as a kid I always wanted to do Karate, but my parents either couldn't afford it or would let me. Now that I'm an adult, well...if I want to learn martial arts I'm going to do it!

I know with Qigong you manipulate energy -- sometimes I play around with psi balls. Not sure if they're real or just my brain giving me the sensation of creating balls of energy between my hands though. Who knows.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:45 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4
Interesting enough, but I find meditation almost impossible for me. I have tried but maybe I just don't understand it?

I used to be unable to mediate in the conventional ways. My mind was always to ADHD to focus on anything that would allow me to reach a state of meditation.

I created a playlist of Spiritual Music that agreed with who I wanted to become. Gradually I would find myself falling into meditation without consciously seeking meditation.

Now meditation comes naturally and in many forms.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Isurrender73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   
I've found playing my didgeridoo can get me into a deep meditative state pretty quick. I think it's the frequency of the drone, and how it vibrates. It's not hard to learn circular breathing...just practice with a straw in a cup of water for a while. You push air from your cheeks to keep it going while sucking in air through your nose.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 06:47 PM
link   

originally posted by: proob4

The only way I have been able to meditate has been "walking meditation " I go hiking. I think it may be an attention span thing. Do you have attention issues?

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 07:31 PM
link   

originally posted by: MystikMushroom

Since you're into the martial arts, do you have any feelings on Tai Chi? I was looking into it...

I thought about starting some martial arts...as a kid I always wanted to do Karate, but my parents either couldn't afford it or would let me. Now that I'm an adult, well...if I want to learn martial arts I'm going to do it!

I know with Qigong you manipulate energy -- sometimes I play around with psi balls. Not sure if they're real or just my brain giving me the sensation of creating balls of energy between my hands though. Who knows.

Taiji (tajiquan--supreme ultimate fist) is actually one of the styles I practiced.

If you've got a reputable instructor it's one of the best (also most difficult) martial arts around.

Taiji, along with baguazhang (eight trigram palm) and xingyiquan (five element fist) are classified as internal martial arts, which generate force through body alignment and manipulation of internal qi (energy/breath).

A proper taiji instructor will teach you how to tuck the tailbone and keep the armpits open in all positions, rounding the back laterally whilst keeping the head upright and straightening the spine. He'll stress attainment of flexibility and postures while keeping esoteric descriptions to a minimum.

Taiji and other internal martial arts are nothing beyond the advanced application of kinesiology--the study of proper human movement.

If you're in the eastern US, I can vouch the authenticity of Ted Knecht, Nick Gracenin, and Jose Johnson.

If you're on the west coast there's a wealth of ex-Beijing martial arts team members who can teach you the art. You shouldn't have any trouble finding someone out there.

Yang style is probably the most common style of taiji taught. If you're looking to validate a local instructor who teaches that form, get a copy of the book Yang Family Secret Transmissions and ditch anyone who teaches against those principles.

Also for instructor validation, you can use the encyclopedic tome Kung Fu Elements. If your local instructor is listed in the appendix as a practitioner of note, chances are good you stumbled across a goldmine.

Hope that helps!

edit on 30-7-2015 by Trachel because: "internal" qi... not "internet" qi... although that's also good for a lol

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:24 PM
link   
I'd say eroding neural structures is your own invention and not the result of meditation.
Conditioning dissipates as stagnation eases, and flow increases.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:28 PM
link   
a reply to: proob4

Meditation is more or less the skill to be able to slow ones thoughts as well as bodily functions for more advanced methods I'd guess. Its like having a healthy heart, but its the brain instead, even though they are almost one in the same in function, so the more slower your heart beats, the less it has to work, where as the more faster your heart beats the more stress it can cause.

And yes, it's boring.

It pretty much putting your brain into a sleep mode, except your not sleep, or dreaming for the most part, but it can be used for en training the body. But really that just the basic premises of it, that's why it often recommended to meditate due to stress or even due the lack of sleep, since it can relax the body. However, it can also cause stress in other ways too, due to the better quality brain function might be a bit shocking to ether ones self image(and this where you learn Zen), or even to the shock of the sensations.

Meditation can be done in way more ways then you can believe, to the point of holding ones breath under water longer, increasing body temperature, or just sheer concentration for muscular endurance training...As for spiritual, or cosmic abilities, God speed on that one.

Theres more then one way to skin a cat.
edit on 30-7-2015 by Specimen because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Oh they're real!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 09:55 PM
link   
a reply to: ExternalForces

A long time ago I stumbled upon an entire hidden online community of people that claimed to be telekinetic. I can't find it anymore. It wasn't hidden super deeply, but you'd never find it unless you specifically knew how to find it.

Apparently there are people who really believe that they can move things with their mind. I've never seen anyone do it though, or met anyone IRL that claimed they could.

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:09 PM
link   

A long time ago I stumbled upon an entire hidden online community of people that claimed to be telekinetic. I can't find it anymore. It wasn't hidden super deeply, but you'd never find it unless you specifically knew how to find it.

Apparently there are people who really believe that they can move things with their mind. I've never seen anyone do it though, or met anyone IRL that claimed they could.

Possibly in a galaxy far, far away? Lol. I'm just playing. How would one acquire this knowledge of knowing? I love learning and research but my family always puts me down for not joining the routine "work" force. I'm sorry, so my much data, must find it all!!

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:24 PM
link   

Well it was some kind of forum, but I can't find it these days. That's where I learned about forming and "programming" psi balls.

From what I remember, a common method they'd practice with their telekinesis was spinning a paper boat under a upturned glass (to prevent wind from moving it).

posted on Jul, 30 2015 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Meditation works for others, and may not work for some. The idea is trying to experience that elevated state of being that is really our true natural selves.

For me it's all about relaxing my body before I fall asleep or listening to calm music, and this acts as the trigger for me.

Peace

top topics

join