It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Exclusive!! Samuel DuBose Shooting! Second Police officer's body cam angle.Caught Lying SMOKING GUN

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:57 PM
link   
a reply to: Thill

To be clear IMO this in no way justifies shooting the guy in the head but the question is (in my mind) if that gun did not go off by accident.

I feel you. You seem to be a fair minded and commonsense person who strives to examine events for what they are and is not motivated by trying to excuse anybody in this situation. In saying that, I have one question for you:

Why was the gun removed from the holster and in his hand to begin with....?

The "Stop or I WILL SHOOT" mentality is what is wrong with American policing. Spent much time in the States. Seen some s# that don't vibe with the rest of the global community. Seen some stuff that does very much make me smile as well. I have two dear friends who are constables on the Toronto police force who weighed in on that video. My question I posed above arises from some of the detailed insight (allowed me into their mind) they shared with me concerning this incident. So again, why was his first instinct to reach for the gun and have it in his hand....knowing he has another officer stationed up the street. What kind of cowboy s# is going on there to the point no one questions the absurdity of removing a gun from a holster in a situation like this?

edit on 31-7-2015 by Involutionist because: grammar and punctuation SUCKS!

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: JeanPaul

originally posted by: buddah6
Hamilton County Prosecutor announces that the Grand Jury fails to indict the other two officers involved in the DuBose shooting.

Obvious double standard.
It wasn't up to prosecutor to issue the indictment. It was the people of Cincinnati serving on the grand jury who didn't indict the other officers. Joe Deters didn't have enough evidence that incriminated them so the good people of Cincinnati dismissed the charges. You need to have faith the right thing was done and faith in our citizens.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 02:59 PM
link   
a reply to: EverydayInVA

Was the cop in front of the car or beside it?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:01 PM
link   
a reply to: raymundoko

It is pure commonsense and I agree with everything you say. As I said, I don't know why I never thought about it before. Killing is an easy thing to do, as we just saw. It only takes a pull of the trigger.

You can make an argument for a child that thinks everything is reversible. Anyone placed in survival mode you can understand. Joy killing, I can't wrap my head around that.

You have to be able to erase the humanity from the person you kill for joy or sport. Or maybe it takes erasing the humanity from within to be able to take the live of another without thought.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:18 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

originally posted by: NightSkyeB4Dawn
He did everything the cop asked him until, he feared the cop was going to hurt him. As it turns out he was right to fear for his well being from the ? cop.

No, he did everything right until he figured the cop was going to arrest him. People know that any time a cop asks you to "step out of the vehicle", or asks you to "take your seatbelt off" and starts to open your door, you are most likely being arrested.

He was resisting arrest. Clear as day.

Tell that to all the people who have been tased, and had the hell beat out of them, because little boy blue was having a bad day or bored. Why do you think everybody is videoing like crazy the moment a cop comes on scene?

Of course they will continue to yell, "stop resisting !", while one is standing on you throat and the other is Jack booting you in the ribs or face.

I repeat. Even if he drove off, from a traffic stop, with no statement he was being placed under arrest, this does not justify the officers next actions.

I will go one step further. If he had said, "I suspect that your are under the influence of a mind altering substance and a danger to drive."; it still does not justify his actions.

You don't have the legal, moral or spiritual right to kill someone for not having a front tag and defying you.

There just is no rationale argument otherwise.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:21 PM
link   

originally posted by: WeAre0ne

Your only argument is that he wasnt being dragged, and its a weak one, because its based on a faulty observation of the height of the camera. And lack of observation of the officers reflection in the car door with his bent knee. Hard to "sidestep" and hop, when you are leaning in a car, with bent knees, and the car moves that far of a distance, don't you think? Go try it.

The cop never grabbed hung or was dragged by the car.
That's where he lied first.

"He was dragging me," Tensing said to Kidd.

"Yeah I saw that," Kidd responded.

In the official incident report on the shooting, Officer Eric Wiebel writes that Kidd said he saw DuBose's car drag Tensing.

"Officer Kidd told me that he witnessed the Honda Accord drag Officer Tensing, and that he witnessed Officer Tensing fire a single shot," Wiebel wrote.

If you read the OP and the article which comes from a as credible source as you can get
even saw it for themselves the cop was never in any danger.

Video released from Tensing's own bodycam showed that he was not actually dragged by the car. Tensing was charged with murder Wednesday. He pleaded not guilty Thursday morning.

HERE IS THE RINGER your missing

Video released from Tensing's own bodycam showed that he was not actually dragged by the car. Tensing was charged with murder Wednesday. He pleaded not guilty Thursday morning.

www.nbcnews.com...
The LIE

Here is the video of officer kidd running toward the shooting,
how did Officer Kidd see Tensing being dragged? How did the other 2 cops right infront of KIdd see Tensing
being dragged when by a the time they got to their and around the corner the car was already stopped cold by
a light post..

Why do i not believe Officer Terrence or kidd ( why do the police who arrested him not believe him)
They collaborated a lie together it's obvious from the second video Officer KIdd could of NEVER seen
if Officer Terrance was dragged.

They don't just lock cops up unless it is REAL BAD.. THIS
is real bad...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:26 PM
link   
a reply to: WeAre0ne

What you pointed out with the grey car is the same thing I pointed out to several co-workers here. They weren't happy with my assessment. He moved a good distance in about 1-2 seconds. I am unsure how people are saying he wasn't dragged.
edit on 31-7-2015 by raymundoko because: fixed my poor exaggeration

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:27 PM
link   

originally posted by: Shamrock6
a reply to: AmenStop

And I'm asking you how charging somebody for crimes they didn't commit is going to solve anything.

A DA will look marvelous standing in a court room trying to convince a jury to indict, let alone convict, a cop of two counts of murder because he lied in a report. Didn't murder anybody, but lied in a report.

I am saying that should be the system, with that system you would end all lying like that in a few cases.

Duh, of course right now it wouldn't work, we cant get a cop busted when they have proof on video of blatant murder.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: Edumakated

Well he must have been, since he killed him.

No. A command to step out of the car may eventually lead to a trip to the pookie, but usually a side trip to the hospital or morgue occurs at some point along the transit.

I am as nonthreatening as a little old, half crippled, lady can be, and this has earned me no safety or respect from some police officers, and I work with all members of law enforcement.

Are there good cops? You can bet your sweet petunie there are. The problem is that, it is rarely the good cop that shows up.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:28 PM
link   
a reply to: starfoxxx

Are you suggesting that because Kidd's body camera could only see the steering wheel that that is also all that Kidd saw??

Look at the 11 second mark of the video you posted. You can see where the SUV cruiser is compared to where the officer is picking himself up off the ground...he has definitely been dragged from where the stop took place. To deny that is disingenuous and a defense lawyer will pick up on the same thing.
edit on 31-7-2015 by raymundoko because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Oh really? Cops don't get busted? What planet do you live on?

Maybe one in another solar system?

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:35 PM
link   

You think that's 50 feet from the driveway the stop occurred at to the pothole the officer gets back on his feet at?

The guy walking down the sidewalk takes approximately ten steps between the front of the car and the pothole. The average step length is somewhere between 2 and 2.5 feet.

50 feet seems a little high to me.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:38 PM
link   

K well good luck with that. Maybe when we discover unicorns that fart rainbows, we can also get murder redefined so it includes intentionally lying in a police report.

You'll need the rainbow farting unicorn to prove it was an intentional lie. Unless you want to change the definition of intentionally lying to mean "well we think you did it and we can't prove it but we think you did it so that means we're right."
edit on 31-7-2015 by Shamrock6 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:40 PM
link   
a reply to: NightSkyeB4Dawn

No, here is where people are confused. When you are stopped at a traffic stop for a legal infraction...for all intents and purposes YOU ARE UNDER ARREST. You have been legally detained.

Driving off is resisting arrest. You are given a ticket or warning IN LIEU OF A FORMAL ARREST.

It can be escalated to a FORMAL arrest, but you are technically arrested while stopped and this is why there are no 4th amendment violations for being removed from your vehicle.

Source

Edit: And not just driving off. Not getting out of your car, not turning down your radio, not providing your license, refusing to be cuffed without Miranda rights being read...

They all end up as "resisting arrest" because you have been legally detained, which is a form of arrest.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:41 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I shouldn't have exaggerated, but it is definitely a good distance. If you don't agree with that you aren't being honest.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I agree the officer moved from roughly the driveway to roughly the pothole. I think that's a hell of a lot closer to 20 feet than 50 feet. And I don't think the only way he could have covered that distance is by being dragged.

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:56 PM
link   
a reply to: Shamrock6

I counted 17-18 steps from the guy on the sidewalk. At 2.6 feet per step that ~50 feet which is where my original estimate came from. He covered at least half of the distance so 25 feet. So you are saying he sidestepped with the car 25 feet in 1-2 seconds? A full sprinted human runner covers 22 feet per second...yet this superhuman officer was able to sidestep that fast???

Edit: Sidestepped while reaching into a vehicle with a gun out mind you...

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 03:58 PM
link   

originally posted by: raymundoko

Are you suggesting that because Kidd's body camera could only see the steering wheel that that is also all that Kidd saw??

Look at the 11 second mark of the video you posted. You can see where the SUV cruiser is compared to where the officer is picking himself up off the ground...he has definitely been dragged from where the stop took place. To deny that is disingenuous and a defense lawyer will pick up on the same thing.

LIsten to 2:20.. The officer asks Kidd you guys were down Here? Kidd said Yah i was right behind
him, he fired from right here and the guy took off. UPON FURTHER QUESTIONING Kidd changes his story. Kidd then admits he was just pulling up to back up Terrance when
Mr. Dubose took off with the officer stuck in the vehicle then he fired one round

We know from the video the officer shot then the car took off from Dubose lead weighted foot
hit the petal. Kidd just pulled up and started running as soon as he got their, he was not sitting
around in the car the steering wheel blocked nothing.
We saw Officer Terrence shoot the guy and never being dragged..
They wouldn't need to lie if nothing wrong was done
edit on 31-7-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

edit on 31-7-2015 by starfoxxx because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:08 PM
link   

I have studied the video, and the video shows that Tensing was indeed dragged by the car. It was not a lie, the video evidence shows he was dragged several feet, and I even pointed it out in some of my last posts.

The source you are quoting is wrong, and most likely confused by the video evidence.
edit on 31-7-2015 by WeAre0ne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 31 2015 @ 04:09 PM
link   

17-18 steps from where to where? 2.6 feet per step? How did you arrive at that number?

How far did the cop roll when he hit the ground? Where did he hit the ground at? How far did he move when he reached in the window?

You're trying to pin this down to an exact distance travelled and then point to it as evidence he was dragged. All we're doing is making what each of us believes to be an educated guess at how far he moved from point A to point B.

None of which changes the fact that he wouldn't have travelled any distance whatsoever had he not decided to reach into the car, whether by climbing on to the car like a spider monkey, being dragged, back pedaling, side stepping, running, walking, or walking on his hands.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join